Trader-Dante trader training for spread betting is he any good? Proof not words!

Truth Seeker

498 16

Because you know the answer is open ended. Firstly yes my neighbour could become a professional tennis player just as easy as the Turtle experiment worked.

Of course not all are cut out to be traders, but it helps to know the teacher can first trade themselves, rather than a failed trader who knows only how to talk the talk, and just wants money from unsuspecting people.

Jason101

Experienced member
1,372 215
Because you know the answer is open ended. Firstly yes my neighbour could become a professional tennis player just as easy as the Turtle experiment worked.

Of course not all are cut out to be traders, but it helps to know the teacher can first trade themselves, rather than a failed trader who knows only how to talk the talk, and just wants money from unsuspecting people.

I would describe a trader as an entrepreneur.

I do not believe someone can be taught to be an entrepreneur.

I would describe myself as an entrepreneur; I would also state that throughout my life I have been associating with entrepreneurs and none of these influenced my businesses in any way.

The Turtles screened thousands of people for the trading room, whittled this down to a very very select few, then trialled them and then whittled them down further.

For someone like myself who believes trading cannot be taught the second question of is someone up to teaching or not becomes pretty redundant.

D70

Established member
839 195
Truth Seeker. This line of questioning has been done to death. Can you just go and read the 1000s of threads that have argued this point.

It's clear you have a problem with Trader Dante. Why dont you put it behind you and move on.

Truth Seeker

498 16
Truth Seeker. This line of questioning has been done to death. Can you just go and read the 1000s of threads that have argued this point.

It's clear you have a problem with Trader Dante. Why dont you put it behind you and move on.

You are so wrong! I do not have any problem with him at all - why so defensive? I'm asking normal logical questions, if you can't see that I don't see the point in you posting here.

Regarding the early post saying trading cannot be taught - utter rubbish. But first it needs a teacher who can actually trade and provide proof of this with no shadow of a doubt.

There really are some strange replies so far, most are of the defensive posture trying to rubbish my position of wanting proof - strange indeed.

Still no proof, still no numbers. Speaks volumes.

gedward3

Established member
925 116
I believe TD went back to work at Futex where he worked a few years back.

Read that on here i think on one of the threads similar to this.

M

member275544

0 0
You are so wrong! I do not have any problem with him at all - why so defensive? I'm asking normal logical questions, if you can't see that I don't see the point in you posting here.

Regarding the early post saying trading cannot be taught - utter rubbish. But first it needs a teacher who can actually trade and provide proof of this with no shadow of a doubt.

There really are some strange replies so far, most are of the defensive posture trying to rubbish my position of wanting proof - strange indeed.

proof for who, you. and who the f*** are you that this person should even bother to respond to. If he is coaching why not seek out all the people who are being coached for their satisfaction first. Shame on you, dip****.

LDIR

7 0
I believe TD went back to work at Futex where he worked a few years back.

Read that on here i think on one of the threads similar to this.

As a trainer or as a trader?
Futex seem to have gone into training in a big way in the last few years.

Truth Seeker

498 16
proof for who, you. and who the f*** are you that this person should even bother to respond to. If he is coaching why not seek out all the people who are being coached for their satisfaction first. Shame on you, dip****.

Who am I? A person with a brain between his ears who asks relevant questions. I don't need to follow his work, he got it most of it for free from the James16 free thread on Forex Factory anyway. He discusses a Swing Failure Pattern which is a fake double top or bottom where price closes back from the previous top/bottom, which has been around since the birth of charts. So as he charges struggling people to listen to himself and classing himself as a professional now, he should first show statistics and proof of the accuracy of the pattern along with real live trades he has taken to back up his stories.

Yes apparently he has gone back to Futex after previously slagging it down to learn 5 min scalping using the DOM - hardly a professional is it? There are many questions that need answering.

wallstreetwarrior87

2,068 389

Yes TRADING can be taught, teach the student how to open an account, buy/sell etc, the mechanics of the business.

TRADING can mean anything.

To consistently transact in the financial markets in a profitable fashion, beyond a basic level, takes natural talent (ie the trader must posess these attributes) and is a path to be taken by yourself. Very few can do it, but will hold desperately onto the hope that they will indeed one day wake up with the ability to read the flow, like a young tennis player who seems to be able to understand where his opponent will play his next shot to.

There are a lot of similarities to financial trading and sport. All about forces, momentum and kinetic energy!

But in response to your OP, stay well away.

the hare

2,949 1,283
Yes TRADING can be taught, teach the student how to open an account, buy/sell etc, the mechanics of the business.

I suspect most of the people looking for training are hoping for something a little more substantial than just the mechanics.

Lets be honest, if a potential trainee can't work out how to open an account, or which button to press to buy or sell, perhaps trading for a living isn't the wisest of career choices.

Theres also a lot of potentially long term damage that can be caused by training, and even associating with other equally desperate trainees can be particularly corrosive. Imagine the damage for most new traders when they find out the person training them is as clueless as they are !

That's why it's appropriate question to try to determine if the vendor knows wots wot or not

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,963 1,501
Trading can of course be taught. If it couldn't, prop shops wouldn't be able to fund anyone. Can T_D teach, who knows?

His posts and his past history at Futex are something that Futex discuss with their interns. I know this because I know a guy that recently went through their internship. They use T_D and his performance at Futex to put them off going to the internet for the answers.

If you go back through all of T_Ds posts on pin bars, you could go through thousands of posts spanning a number of years until you get to one isolated little post on another thread where he says "well, that stuff doesn't work on all markets".

You'd think a disclaimer like that would be on page 1, would you not?

I think L2ST, JPJ Trading if you want to learn about market structure and practical application.

D70

Established member
839 195

Are you wondering whether to subscribe to his room?

barjon

Legendary member
10,705 1,809
......Trading can of course be taught...... .

Absolutely. And if you accept the proposition that it can only be taught by someone who is/has been a successful trader then you are probably writing off the entire educational system.

A pathologist can explain to you in detail what happens if a dum-dum bullet is fired into someone's head - he has no need to fire one into his own head (or anyonelses' for that matter) to prove it.

Thus the argument is not about whether it can be taught but about what is being taught. And therein lies the problem :devilish:.

M

member275544

0 0
Absolutely. And if you accept the proposition that it can only be taught by someone who is/has been a successful trader then you are probably writing off the entire educational system.

A pathologist can explain to you in detail what happens if a dum-dum bullet is fired into someone's head - he has no need to fire one into his own head (or anyonelses' for that matter) to prove it.

Thus the argument is not about whether it can be taught but about what is being taught. And therein lies the problem :devilish:.

great post, I do still think we should use the analogy of the dum dum bullet and use this to the head of the person who created this thread. he who requires proof, even though he does not seek tuition, but is doing this for all traders out there..but really for himself. Lets get him to don his cape of masturbation and stand in the firing line :LOL:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock