Trader-Dante trader training for spread betting is he any good? Proof not words!

great post, I do still think we should use the analogy of the dum dum bullet and use this to the head of the person who created this thread. he who requires proof, even though he does not seek tuition, but is doing this for all traders out there..but really for himself. Lets get him to don his cape of masturbation and stand in the firing line :LOL:

Ha! Another in-bred who can't understand the whole reasoning for my thread. I said I don't need, which means I currently make own money through my own method which was not taught. I didn't say I wouldn't sign up to get the information I would be interested in to collect, but first I would like to know whether Tom has anything of worth to back up his statements he shares regarding the account size he built up trading that method. Talk is cheap, show me the numbers.

Before someone can teach trading and charge, I would expect first that they should be able to prove that they can trade and profit from what they are selling - do you find this logic unusual?

If that is what you think then bravo. So if you don't get what you asked for then you don't sign up.

Other people will sign up without asking for any statements which is great for them.

So everyone makes their own choice and pays the consequences or reap the rewards. Just because YOU think this or that should happen doesn't mean that everyone else agrees or thats what should happen.

You are not the centre of the universe you know.

I actually have a statement he sent me (I can't remeber why as I never asked and wasn't looking for a mentor). Was 6 month period from a few years ago. Went from about £250 to about £2k or something so I really wouldn't have taken that as an endorsement even if I was looking.

Anyway if someone is an excellent trader, doesn't mean they are going to be an excellent teacher

Anyway if someone is an excellent trader, doesn't mean they are going to be an excellent teacher

And if someone is an excellent teacher this doesn't make him an excellent trader . ;)

That is the minimum of what they should provide before charging any fees. If they have been using the methods to trade and profit then it will all be there for posting. But if they don't post any proof then how can anyone have any kind of trust.

I don't know who this guy Trader-Dante is, nor do I care as I was only taking a look at this thread today. But sounds like hes been milking a few people dry from what I have the grasp of.

He did a thread on 1 hour pin bars. I tried them for a while, a few years ago, but could not claim fantastic success by using them. If he decided to become a vendor, then he did not convince me to part with any of my money. By the same token, he should not have convinced anyone else, either. I have never believed in vendors, myself, but, if a new trader feels that he needs one he should pick one with a good track record.

Fk me John - that has to be the worst analogy ever. Seriously - are you going to stick with that?

Can someone that cannot drive teach you how to drive? Of course not.
Can someone that cannot play golf teach you how to play? Of course not.
Can someone that cannot ride a horse teach you how to ride a horse? Of course not.

Your analogy only works if trading is not a skill. Trading is a skill, some people are better than others. A student can have more aptitude than their teacher and become better at what was taught but if the teacher does not have the skill, they will not know how to transfer that skill.

:LOL: I will stick with it to the degree that someone who has the correct knowledge can pass on what to do even if they don't have the associated skill set to shine themselves. The world is littered with successful coaches/trainers who were, at best, mediocre in the practise of what they teach.

I look after the juniors at our golf club. I can show them how they must set up and swing to shape the ball in the air even though I can't get the damn thing to move the right way myself. That's because I don't have the skill and co-ordination for my body to actually do what my brain is telling it to do. That doesn't make what I've told them crap though.

Last edited by a moderator:
:LOL: I will stick with it to the degree that someone who has the correct knowledge can pass on what to do even if they don't have the associated skill set to shine themselves. The world is littered with successful coaches/trainers who were, at best, mediocre in the practise of what they teach.

I look after the juniors at our golf club. I can show them how they must set up and swing to shape the ball in the air even though I can't get the damn thing to move the right way myself. That's because I don't have the skill and co-ordination for my body to actually do what my brain is telling it to do. That doesn't make what I've told them crap though.

I think an important point is that the juniors would do far better being taught by a Pro than by yourself who admits he can't play for diddly squat. I take it that the club is free? In that respect there is no harm done if the parents of these children are not serious about their childrens future prospects as competent, or even professional golfers.

I think an important point is that the juniors would do far better being taught by a Pro than by yourself who admits he can't play for diddly squat. I take it that the club is free? In that respect there is no harm done if the parents of these children are not serious about their childrens future prospects as professional golfers.

You should try speaking to and listening to some of our top professional traders.

They may be many things - but teachers they are not.

Your perspective can not be more wrong...

ie best football players do not always make the best football managers.

Mediocre is good.

Theory does not always lend it self to practice. The best system in the world at the hands of a newbie - so much wannabee trader can go to pot.

This thread is turning into a bit of a dog chasing it's tail. :LOL:

imho - As for Dante - he is the real deal. Relaxed genuine article with a passion for trading and communicating his knowledge. Not pretentious or OT. If you want to learn as much as possible about trading without being conned you can't go much wrong then signing up with Tom.

This will not guarantee you over-night success but it will enable you to learn from the experience of a genuine trainer who trades with his own money. The rest is down to the pupil.

Your point about show me the books etc is a lot of nonsense imo. You sound like you are buying a fish n chips shop and wanting to look at turnover. You are purchasing a service not a business.

Agree with much of what has been said too... (y)

Last edited:
I think an important point is that the juniors would do far better being taught by a Pro than by yourself who admits he can't play for diddly squat. I take it that the club is free? In that respect there is no harm done if the parents of these children are not serious about their childrens future prospects as competent, or even professional golfers.

You miss the point, TS. So far as the methodology is concerned both the pro and myself will tell them the same thing. That he has the skill to correctly apply it and I don't doesn't alter that fact.

It could also be the case (it isn't :LOL:) that I might be better than he is at explaining that meothodology to the juniors in a way that they can understand.

We could be an even match at golf then:p

imho - As for Dante - he is the real deal. Relaxed genuine article with a passion for trading and communicating his knowledge. Not pretentious or OT. If you want to learn as much as possible about trading without being conned you can't go much wrong then signing up with Tom.

This will not guarantee you over-night success but it will enable you to learn from the experience of a genuine trainer who trades with his own money. The rest is down to the pupil.

The following is just my very humble and irrelevant opinion and I couldn't care less whether he is legit or not. Hopefully he is and any followers are gaining from it. Even if he or any other mentor isn't legit, people can still learn from the experience.
He may be totally legit and means well, but when he retweets someone saying something along the lines of "Thanks to Tom, I have doubled my account in a month" it makes me feel uneasy. I would have believed and hoped that sort of thing was regularly achievable when I first started trading, but not anymore. Seems an irresponsible thing (for all sorts of reasons) to repeat if he truly knows his stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: tar
You should try speaking to and listening to some of our top professional traders.

They may be many things - but teachers they are not.

Your perspective can not be more wrong...

ie best football players do not always make the best football managers.

Mediocre is good.

Theory does not always lend it self to practice. The best system in the world at the hands of a newbie - so much wannabee trader can go to pot.

This thread is turning into a bit of a dog chasing it's tail. :LOL:

All this rubbish about show me the books etc is a lot of nonsense imo. You sound like you are buying a fish n chips shop and looking at turnover. You are purchasing a service not a business.

Fair enough but all this sweet talk wouldn't make him a profitable trader , maybe a genuine good trainer about TA and PA but that's it , to claim profitability u need a verified track record with all the needed statistics like the one's at collective2 website for example , if a trader knows about H&S or pin bars or ... that alone doesn't make him a profitable successful trader , that being said i don't see a problem for some traders to join him and study good stuff from him but that will not necessarily make them profitable , most likely they will lose like others .

The following is just my very humble and irrelevant opinion and I couldn't care less whether he is legit or not. Hopefully he is and any followers are gaining from it. Even if he or any other mentor isn't legit, people can still learn from the experience.
He may be totally legit and means well, but when he retweets someone saying something along the lines of "Thanks to Tom, I have doubled my account in a month" it makes me feel uneasy. I would have believed and hoped that sort of thing was regularly achievable when I first started trading, but not anymore. Seems an irresponsible thing (for all sorts of reasons) to repeat if he truly knows his stuff.

I think I recall that incident but don't believe had anything to do with Dante.

Newbies like to brag don't they - especially so if one has just doubled his money with their new found wisdom.

I've heard of other people making 70K in the first year and subsequently giving it back to the market.

So much for risk management but that's more the pupil rather than the teacher. Consistency is another matter.

Fair enough but all this sweet talk wouldn't make him a profitable trader , maybe a genuine good trainer about TA and PA but that's it , to claim profitability u need a verified track record with all the needed statistics like the one's at collective2 website for example , if a trader knows about H&S or pin bars or ... that alone doesn't make him a profitable successful trader , that being said i don't see a problem for some traders to join him and study good stuff from him but that will not necessarily make them profitable , most likely they will lose like others .

Well as far as I know he is trading his own money and teaching what he knows.

I think other people are doing a lot of talking about him and attributing words.

Guys long gone and suddenly this thread flares up. :?::?::?: :!:

There are good traders and there good teachers. There are very few who are good at both. The difference is someone who can not only trade but knows and understands HOW he got there. It is the how that is missing from most courses because it is either intuitive, like in the example of the Thai boxer, or it doesn't exist.

But trading isn't knowledge. It's a skill.

Would you send your kids to learn to drive with a teacher that couldn't drive but knew the theory?

As for the world being "littered" with successful coaches that are mediocre in their practise. That is precisely the issue. Their success is defined by how many students they get.

Anyway - we aren't discussing teachers that are mediocre at trading. We are discussing teachers that do not have the skills at all. If you cannot trade, then you cannot teach how to trade.

No - but it does make you completely unaware of much of the nuance of playing well. As such, they would never play well under your wing.

Let me guess - none of your students went on to be Tiger Woods....

But trading isn't knowledge. It's a skill.

Would you send your kids to learn to drive with a teacher that couldn't drive but knew the theory?

As for the world being "littered" with successful coaches that are mediocre in their practise. That is precisely the issue. Their success is defined by how many students they get.

Anyway - we aren't discussing teachers that are mediocre at trading. We are discussing teachers that do not have the skills at all. If you cannot trade, then you cannot teach how to trade.

No - but it does make you completely unaware of much of the nuance of playing well. As such, they would never play well under your wing.

Let me guess - none of your students went on to be Tiger Woods....

Toastie

Trading is the skillful application of knowledge.

I don't have any students - and they all think they are Tiger Woods anyway :LOL:

You miss the point, TS. So far as the methodology is concerned both the pro and myself will tell them the same thing. That he has the skill to correctly apply it and I don't doesn't alter that fact.

It could also be the case (it isn't :LOL:) that I might be better than he is at explaining that meothodology to the juniors in a way that they can understand.

PMSL - so now you are as good a golf teacher as a pro golfer?

Of course, you might tell them the same thing but when you stand back and watch their swing, you can't really help make the adjustments a pro will make when he watches them.

This is where the skill comes in. Teaching isn't just about reading a script, it is about ensuring the students 'get it' and getting them over their newbie errors.

This is the same for any skill - be it driving, horse riding, darts, shot put, trading....

how about some examples or specifics, otherwise, youve both fallen into argumentative waffle.......

Of course, you might tell them the same thing but when you stand back and watch their swing, you can't really help make the adjustments a pro will make when he watches them.

This is where the skill comes in. Teaching isn't just about reading a script, it is about ensuring the students 'get it' and getting them over their newbie errors.

This is the same for any skill - be it driving, horse riding, darts, shot put, trading....

:LOL: nope, not a bit of it - I never once suggested it. By the same token, the pro with all his skill cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear when his pupil simply doesn't have the aptitude - I should know, he's been trying with me for years :)

Usain Bolt's old teacher is his inspiration for Olympic gold - Mirror Online

The Jamaican’s old PE teacher Lorna Thorpe is widely credited as the inspiration for the “lightning behind the Bolt” – and she tells how she’s been coaching the world’s fastest man in the run-up to tonight’s final.

Usain+Bolt+

How do you explain this DT???