Trader-Dante trader training for spread betting is he any good? Proof not words!

Usain Bolt's old teacher is his inspiration for Olympic gold - Mirror Online

The Jamaican’s old PE teacher Lorna Thorpe is widely credited as the inspiration for the “lightning behind the Bolt” – and she tells how she’s been coaching the world’s fastest man in the run-up to tonight’s final.

Usain+Bolt+

How do you explain this DT???

I think you rather shot yourself in the foot here :LOL:

her quotes.

The first day I saw Usain run I knew he was something very special,” Lorna says.
“I’ve told him to *remember his raw, unique talent
But Lorna says it was clear from day one Usain would be her greatest protege. “We were like mother and son. He had a God-given gift – speed. You can’t teach that.

I dare say that had he not become an athlete, he could have run away from the cops just as fast :LOL: coach or no coach.

I met tom once, about 3 years ago, nice enough chap, he knows how to write really good and readable internet content related to trading, but that's a completely different skill compared to making decent money at trading in the long run.

Hes just another small time vendor who cant make a living at trading so has to resort to vending, he seems harmless enough as his material doesnt seem very expensive, i doubt he going to screw anyone out 10's of thousands in paying for useless training like some of the other scumbags out there.

I need to break something to a few people on this thread…There is no Father Christmas and..

THERE IS NO HOLY GRAIL – SO IT CANNOT BE TAUGHT.

Yes you can learn a few basics from a few books or follow a chat room vendor for a few tips.

Once this short period is done, it is down to YOU to work out what works for you, using your screen time, work on yourself and enough trades under your belt not to stress the drawdown and not to get a head rush when in profit.

A coach may be of use for refinement and reflection.

EDIT: As for Tom, I like the guy, he is a good communicator and has a passion for
trading and I have learnt some things from him. But would I pay him, no - For the reasons
I have highlighted above.

Last edited:
Toastie

Trading is the skillful application of knowledge.

I don't have any students - and they all think they are Tiger Woods anyway :LOL:

Trading is a skill, all skills require knowledge.

All skills require theory. Theory is not skill.

You can teach history, you can teach physics. That is knowledge transfer. Trading is a skill and skills are taught. That is skills transfer.

There is a a huge difference between teaching and training.

I am sure we all remember when we started out our careers. I could program a computer at 13 years old but it took an older guy in his 60's to train me in the art of developing software when I was 18.

The guy in question had the uncanny ability to know what was wrong with my software before I even sat down in his office to tell him I was done. I'd sit down, he'd ask if I was done "yes", he'd ask if I'd tested it, "yes", then he'd run the program (this was in a copper refinery) and I swear it'd take him about 5 key clicks to have my program crashing all over the place.

This guy would not have been able to school me the way he did were he not able to walk the walk.

Just reading the title of this thread.

Was it written by a pre-pubescent intoxicated lemming in a fit of rage because someone stole his yo-yo?

how about some examples or specifics, otherwise, youve both fallen into argumentative waffle.......

I don't teach and I often get people to ask me to teach them. I either refuse outright or if I think it will be fairly painless for me, I do the following.

- tell them to go through the theory - stuff I have written
- tell them to go through the theory on another site and buy a cheap ebook there
- set them some simple but painful tasks and tell them to get back to me with their observations
- I then email back/Skype them with some pointers and other tasks if necessary OR I tell them that what they have seen is what there is to see (as opposed to some big neon "BUY NOW" signal).

There is no fee for this. I do it because I get a kick out of it.

The most amount of actual time I spent was with a complete newbie with no experience at all and it was an email a day for 30 days with a few Skype chats. Normally, it's no more than 5 or 6 hours per week answering questions.

My observations from doing this are:
- Some people flat out refuse to do the tasks set, they see the tasks and immediately go looking for something easier
- Some people spend a week and decide it's not for them
- Some people don't do the tasks and send questions anyway. I immediately recognise they haven't really done the tasks set because the questions they are asking would be different. They get told to do the tasks set before asking questions.
- Most people do the tasks and send questions, over time they ask fewer and fewer questions until I tell them there's no much more I can do for them
- Some people actually get it straight away

The toughest guy emailed me for 18 months. He never did the tasks without trying to have something else in the mix. He'd email me constantly about other stuff until in the end I told him to either stop emailing me or just spend 2 weeks doing those simple tasks. About 2 months ago he emailed to say he'd finally done what I (and someone else) recommended and that he was now profitable. He still sends me trade videos every couple of weeks.

Theory doesn't cut it. Markets are dynamic, theory is static. You can use the word "speeding up" in theory but it's subjective and each person will interpret that differently.

You need feedback to be able to push somebody forward from where they are. With feedback, you can understand how someone has progressed or if they are going down a blind alleyway. Then you can give them a nudge in the right direction.

Usain Bolt's old teacher is his inspiration for Olympic gold - Mirror Online

The Jamaican’s old PE teacher Lorna Thorpe is widely credited as the inspiration for the “lightning behind the Bolt” – and she tells how she’s been coaching the world’s fastest man in the run-up to tonight’s final.

Usain+Bolt+

How do you explain this DT???

Here's a strange thing.

All animals can run and humans are no exception. She hardly taught the guy how to put one foot in front of the other did she?

Do you think there's ever been a human born that could naturally be a brain surgeon?

Can you imagine turning up at the docs - "This brain surgeon is great, never spent a day at school, no internships, he just turned up with the skills".

Yeah - I'd go for some treppaning, test him out first....

All animals can run and humans are no exception. She hardly taught the guy how to put one foot in front of the other did she?

Your are clearly making a beginner's error to think that all it takes is the ability to run to become a athlete. There's a great deal more to it than that. You have to run correctly, breath correctly, build the correct muscles, not build the wrong muscles, when to pace, when to go all out, what to eat, when to eat, etc, etc. The skills and knowledge of the coach plays a large part in the athlete's success.

It's a common failing in humans to think what others do are trivial compared to what they do.

As for brain surgeons, there are natural talents in that. I know I and many others don't have them since we don't like the sight of blood or cut up body parts.

Your are clearly making a beginner's error to think that all it takes is the ability to run to become a athlete. There's a great deal more to it than that. You have to run correctly, breath correctly, build the correct muscles, not build the wrong muscles, when to pace, when to go all out, what to eat, when to eat, etc, etc. The skills and knowledge of the coach plays a large part in the athlete's success.

It's a common failing in humans to think what others do are trivial compared to what they do.

As for brain surgeons, there are natural talents in that. I know I and many others don't have them since we don't like the sight of blood or cut up body parts.

I didn't say it takes the ability to run to become an athlete. I said it takes the ability to run to become a runner. We can all run Joe. Well - maybe you can't run but I can.

You can become a better runner with coaching. It is unlikely you would pick up a coach unless you showed promise in the first place.

In other words, you have skills that are refined.

With brain surgery - you would need training before you could start. This is a key difference. Of course some will be better than others at the SKILL after training but the fact remains that without a lot of time at school, you would not get anywhere near a head with a scalpel. There is no natural ability in knowing which part of the brain does what. It is 100% taught.

Not that this really has a lot to do with trading.

Still just had words of praise for Tom - no numbers! A few more insults from the Tom praisers - see the pattern here?

Still just had words of praise for Tom - no numbers! A few more insults from the Tom praisers - see the pattern here?

The Numbers are on his website £15 for each webinar.

I dont know whats in the these webinars that cant already be found freely on the internet but i suppose Dante needs to make a living somehow.

The Numbers are on his website £15 for each webinar.

I dont know whats in the these webinars that cant already be found freely on the internet but i suppose Dante needs to make a living somehow.

Yeah - I don't think he's taking people for a lot of money but I thought it was out of order way back when he finally came clean about the pin bars and them not working as well as he'd claimed in his award winning threads.

How much time & opportunity have people lost over buying into all that?

Perhaps he's learnt a lesson since then but the fact is at the time he was writing those award winning threads, he was teaching something as he was learning it and it wasn't really making anyone any money. Just blind leading the blind.

On that basis alone, I'd recommend people to steer clear. Sure - he might be a guru now, having blown more accounts than Livermore, maybe the trading profits are rolling in.

There's other people I'd recommend to steer towards... Some interesting free 'value based' stuff on here. Stock Market Trading Training Seminars | Learn2StockTrade.co.uk

Much more useful than anything based on trying to find meaning from induhvidual price bars IMO.

Trading is a skill, all skills require knowledge.

All skills require theory. Theory is not skill.

You can teach history, you can teach physics. That is knowledge transfer. Trading is a skill and skills are taught. That is skills transfer.

There is a a huge difference between teaching and training.

I am sure we all remember when we started out our careers. I could program a computer at 13 years old but it took an older guy in his 60's to train me in the art of developing software when I was 18.

The guy in question had the uncanny ability to know what was wrong with my software before I even sat down in his office to tell him I was done. I'd sit down, he'd ask if I was done "yes", he'd ask if I'd tested it, "yes", then he'd run the program (this was in a copper refinery) and I swear it'd take him about 5 key clicks to have my program crashing all over the place.

This guy would not have been able to school me the way he did were he not able to walk the walk.

toastie

So we are not very far apart after all :)

Sticking with golf, take putting:

1. I can show how the club needs to strike the ball for a pure stroke that sets the ball off in the desired direction - I do not need the skill to do it myself.

2. The pro can demonstrate proven (by him) techniques to help that happening consistently - he needs the experience and skill to do that.

But this is only a small part of it

There is also the crucial questions of how much the slope of the green is going to cause the ball to deviate and how hard the ball needs to be hit to go the desired distance. These are questions of judgement and feel which cannot be taught and which develop from personal experience and (for most) many hours of practice.

All much like trading maybe.

Perhaps he's learnt a lesson since then but the fact is at the time he was writing those award winning threads, he was teaching something as he was learning it and it wasn't really making anyone any money. Just blind leading the blind.

You have to admit it was funny whilst it lasted :LOL:

For some strange reason Tom doesn't invoke the same feelings of contempt and distrust that I generally feel for other vendors.

It's not really toms fault that a bunch of clueless t2w members voted for his thread, if anyone should be held accountable its t2w's management for encouraging this ridiculous charade.

On the other hand, his pin bar thread was quite lulzy, so a bit of a close call really

Reading this thread I conclude that analogies are like @zzholes, everybody has one.

Peter

Reading this thread I conclude that analogies are like @zzholes, everybody has one.

Peter

Turkeys voting for Christmas is an analogy that springs to mind :LOL:

Before the t2w pedants point it out, i know Its a metaphor rather than an analogy, but in the spirit of lulz, its close enough

Peter

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women merely players." is an example of a famous metaphor. William Shakespeare is directly comparing the world to a stage, with the people playing " roles" as they go about their daily lives. A comparable analogy would be "Players are to stage as figure skaters are to ice rink."

P.S you look like you are going to jump on that Parrot - poor little birdy.

Still waiting for numbers to back the Trader Dante statements......................