Best Thread Trade2Win's 10 Year Anniversary - Day 5 (Anatomy of a Trade)

I agree - let's make them both wear swimwear and see who looks best. Nothing to do with intellect, ability, clarity of thought or explanation. Winner based purely on admiration of physical form.

Come on DT - you first...........

I dunno...we've already seen "Elvis" Toast. That was hard enough on the eyes :LOL:

Peter

Jeeezus.

OK - NQ today for me. Not that I ever traded it before. I just planned to play with it today anyway. News at 10:00am and 11:00am and the 11:00am is pretty big. I finish at 12pm/Midnight here. On inspection this AM, I would hope for a sell off into 2265 and then a move up from there. Plan would be to attempt to get into a trade before the 10:00am news and have enough leeway into the news. Needs lots of leeway into 11:00am. There may be no trade though.

You have been warned...

Well, it was an incredible photo finish, with some last minute strategic votes, and both elitejets and DionysusToast finished up with precisely 22 recommendations.

Both entrants will now be invited to submit a new trade by 12pm midnight tomorrow. If either entrant prefers not to participate, then the other entrant will be declared the winner.

Voting will commence from the time the entries are posted and the winner will be announced at 6pm GMT Thurs 28th Jan. If there's another tied result then this time the T2W Judges will decide on the winner. :clover:

The final results (Top 5) were:

1. elitejets (Post #92 - Crude Oil) - 22 RECOMMENDATIONS
1. DionysusToast (Post #61 - S&P E-Mini Futures) - 22 RECOMMENDATIONS

3. DashRiprock (Posts #48, #54, #58 - T-Note Futures) - 10 RECOMMENDATIONS

4. bbmac Post #31 - GBP/USD) - 8 RECOMMENDATIONS
4. Hotch (Post #82 - EUR/USD) - 8 RECOMMENDATIONS

:party:

everybody watch DT's post (can I call you DT because your proper name is long?) it will be an lesson in how most of the pros trade!

(well all of the pros i know anyway)

Are they going to open a 10k trading account for the winner as well if I'm not mistaken?

Maybe I didn't understand properly.

Nobody disputed it so I would assume it's true.(y)

PS It's a demo account.

Last edited:
Duh - just noticed Forex Factory calendar is an hour out. Make that news at 9am & 10am - which is better.

Nothing for me today - 10:30, 59k contracts traded, delta is roughly -300 contracts and we are pretty much back to the open. Not worth staying up for in my opinion.

All yours Nicole !

I'm not out, trade either works or it fails and my stop is 8190 and target 8450
If it doesn't work then it doesn't - that's real trading and I will find another one before end of tomorrow.

If it doesn't work then it doesn't - that's real trading and I will find another one before end of tomorrow.

elitelets will please you put up your trade when it is over or by the deadline?

:)

Hi the hare,
Thanks for this.
I've read your post several times and I'm still undecided as to whether or not it's a complete pi$$ take or whether you're actually being serious! (I'm referring to the random component of your system - as opposed to the profitability of it.) Either way, it's way more interesting and in the spirit of things than a largely meaningless set of numbers.
Tim.

I'm pretty sure he's taking the p1ss LOL.

I sold some AUDUSD and some Cable this morning. I will post an anatomy of one of those two trades later on for my competition entry.

I am still long USDJPY.

Sorry, I didn't realise.

I lost it a bit - I've been short time trader for some time and haven't left a trade open overnight for a long time.

PS Fed interest rate decision etc. at 19:15 GMT - I prefer to stay out round that time.

I am yet to make a trade.... will be in the saddle tonight though. Will post first trade of the day.

bored now. i think we now need a more imaginative prize like a kiss from maid marion or a 'golden mouse'.