Best Thread Trade2Win's 10 Year Anniversary - Day 5 (Anatomy of a Trade)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 191
Hi Timsk
My use of fibs and the extensions is related to harmonic patterns and gartley patterns / wolfe waves, etc and probably way too out there for most readers. Gartley wrote his book in 1934 and at the time it cost the equivalent of a couple of luxury cars. Today you can learn them if you are just willing to do the study. The last guy that started a thread on fibs and harmonic patterns got a bit of a drubbing and so I am a bit wary of going into the mystical juju aspect of it.

I mainly use support and resistance like a lot of the people here but there are times when price is in uncharted territory or you want to know which level price will go to and I find fibs helps me add weight to that.

I've seen some of your more fractal voodoo stuff. You should thread it, it's quite interesting. I doubt you will get flamed as much as you have a good rep. Also I'm sure you could persuade barjon and that to keep an eye :)

Hi elitejets,
Well done, superb video: eloquent, clear and measured. I could listen to you all day! If you haven't already, bung it on YouTube and you are assured a cult following.

One issue that I hope you might clarify is your use of fibs. I've been struck by just how many of the entrants to this comp' use fibs. Even DT (much to my surprise) said he used them. Can you expand on why you use them and why you have faith in them? To my way of thinking, this is the only 'hole' in an otherwise excellent explanation of your trade.
Thanks,
Tim.

Sod youtube.:) Already suggested Nicola could start a vid journal here on T2W. We could make winning the kindle conditional :LOL::whistling

Maybe there are others would like to do vid journals(y)

i will look at elitejets trade tomorrow but I just wanted to say well done to both of you for posting new trades :)

judged when is the deadline for voting?

Can you load video-size files here (the average member, that is)?

well it does say that we can upload avi's up to a max size of 57.22 MB, i tried this ages ago and failed to get anything uploaded at all. i'd recommend uploading to jing or youtube, then just post the link.

Hi elitejets,
Well done, superb video: eloquent, clear and measured. I could listen to you all day! If you haven't already, bung it on YouTube and you are assured a cult following.

One issue that I hope you might clarify is your use of fibs. I've been struck by just how many of the entrants to this comp' use fibs. Even DT (much to my surprise) said he used them. Can you expand on why you use them and why you have faith in them? To my way of thinking, this is the only 'hole' in an otherwise excellent explanation of your trade.
Thanks,
Tim.

Wash your mouth out Tim.

I don't use fibs. I just mark off 50% and 70% of a move because that's generally where I'll be looking for a pullback to end. If you look at the image you can see 50 & 70 - it's not clear at it's white on grey but it's just those two points market out. I like it to pullback more than half way. I'd prefer it not to pull back too far. I could change these percentages to 48% and 73% and it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Anyway - on the ES - if an initial move down has been 4 points & you mark off the common fib levels - you'd be marking off 5 levels in a 16 tick range. You'd have a reason to do something everywhere.

I am not looking for numbers that occur in nature and snail shells etc. Just that a pullback of 50%-70% is quite a nice area to get in.

The only relationship to fibs is I use a fib drawing tool customised with all the fib levels removed and the 50 % 70% added in

Last edited:
Sod youtube.:) Already suggested Nicola could start a vid journal here on T2W. We could make winning the kindle conditional :LOL::whistling

Actually - I was half expecting something like this.

Another draw & then get Nic & DT to jump through hoops for a while.

Nic wins... :)

Actually - I was half expecting something like this.

Another draw & then get Nic & DT to jump through hoops for a while.

Nic wins... :)

C'mon DT.
I just hope they postpone the next round til next week, the setups this week are not good.

to be honest i think you should all give up and give elitejets the kindle and close it all off.

of course really i think that you both should have been disqualified for tactical voting and I would have won the kindle by being the next highest placed person but nevermind ill live.

but in my heart i am sorry that it came to this because eleitejets it doesnt matter if i am for your type of trading or not but i think whether you liked it or not your friends got others to vote for you that werent part of the competition and that is a shame

not a shame because i think your trade was rubbish but a shame because there were loads of trades from graphs (I already said i thought another one was better but that doesnt matter) but DinoToast made something that is different to nearly every other trades here and wass real time and posted from his journal and looking at things that i KNOW professional traders look at and nobody i think could post a trade like he could.

so sorry im not slagging you off elitejets but i think most people voted for the familiar trade because they didn't get DinoToasts. in my heart i can say his was the better example of posting a trade.

:)

Why not a penalty shootout?

Admittedly, this would give one of them a natural advantage....

Not me - I couldn't hit a cow up the arrse with a banjo.

Actually - I want a new comp. Serious this time. Winner gets the swear word block taken off their ****ing posts.

I have been waiting for someone to comment on the exit & stop strategies here. Not just on mine but on all the posted trades.

Are people mostly interested in the entry and think that what you do once you are in the trade is less important ? You know - scaling in, scaling out, analysis once in a trade, set & forget etc?

Nic - I noticed just all in/all out on your crude change - any reason for the scale out on the Forex trade?

to be honest i think you should all give up and give elitejets the kindle and close it all off.

of course really i think that you both should have been disqualified for tactical voting and I would have won the kindle by being the next highest placed person but nevermind ill live.

but in my heart i am sorry that it came to this because eleitejets it doesnt matter if i am for your type of trading or not but i think whether you liked it or not your friends got others to vote for you that werent part of the competition and that is a shame

not a shame because i think your trade was rubbish but a shame because there were loads of trades from graphs (I already said i thought another one was better but that doesnt matter) but DinoToast made something that is different to nearly every other trades here and wass real time and posted from his journal and looking at things that i KNOW professional traders look at and nobody i think could post a trade like he could.

so sorry im not slagging you off elitejets but i think most people voted for the familiar trade because they didn't get DinoToasts. in my heart i can say his was the better example of posting a trade.

:)

ungracious loser :LOL:

see what compos do? people forget its lulz and take it seriously.

its only a kindle.

i thought fading TD was what 'the pros' did? if not i want my money back from the vendor.