Trade hasnt shown on chart

So it would appear then that all our charts are not 100% accurate?

No, though it is not as bad as it sounds: you just have to be aware, that during fast moves the chart might be off and that usually there is a lot of stop-gunning, which might result in the chart not showing the real highs/lows. Depending on your time-frame this might not matter.

Christ!!! no wonder I never made any money when spread betting. If the charts arnt 100% and the bias from SB companies what chance have you got.

I do not know anything about spread betting.

I think I'll use mental stops from now on.

Depends upon what you are trading: when you trade futures, I suggest to always use a (wide) "catastrophe" stop, just in case your connection drops etc.. Your mental stop then is tighter.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

OM
" used to feed Ftse Futures from Tenfore Satellite into Indexia and Updata"
You may like to bear in mind that a charting software package will be tailored to run with the feed(s) it is primarliy designed for. Updata ran mainlyon prestel broadcast while I believe indexia was designed fora wide range of feeds. The present Updata package (which you complained of) was created by personnel from both organisations and was designed primarily for the S+P Comstock data vendor feed (DIY configure) version which I suspect gives a lower "resolution" than the tenfore feeding into a package designed for it
I hold no brief for UD and regard myself as a former customer for their data and charting package on the basis that they will not provide rt feeds to international futures exchanges and do not separate their charges by feed and software. Also they aim imho mainly at medium term traders sweeping the market for equities -not at intraday futures traders

Bernd,

From what you are saying (and you seem to have the inside info) for charting purposes it would be better to have a 'data vendor feed' rather than a 'member data feed' because the 'data vendor feed' is a 2 second consolidated feed (i.e. it will contain everything within the 2 second period including high and low 'blips') whereas the 'member data feed', although faster, will miss data between its 0.7 second 'snapshots'.

Is this correct?

Thanks

mmillar

Rog, you're right there, but Updata did claim to be compliant with any DDE feed.

mmillar said:
Bernd,

From what you are saying (and you seem to have the inside info) for charting purposes it would be better to have a 'data vendor feed' rather than a 'member data feed' because the 'data vendor feed' is a 2 second consolidated feed (i.e. it will contain everything within the 2 second period including high and low 'blips') whereas the 'member data feed', although faster, will miss data between its 0.7 second 'snapshots'.

Is this correct?

I would not call this insider info: "they" do not keep it secret, it is the other way round, noone seems to ask.

Yes, the consolidated feed shows definitely more "blips" than the TWS, but not all. I have seen stop losses triggered by trades which did not show in the chart.

Have a nice day.

Bernd Kuerbs