Trade hasnt shown on chart

blash

111 0
I placed a sell stop on the Dax Dec futures at 3360 at 11.44am this morning.

The 1 min bar at 11.48 shows a low of 3360.5 yet my stop was executed via IB.

Does this mean that not all trades are displayed.?

Does it depend on the data supplier?

I'm using Tenfore for realtime data feed.

Last edited:

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
... can you get your data from ib into your charting package and you should have the same prices dsiplayed as you are trading

HTH

oatman

2,879 22
I'm running IB into Sierra and have had fills which didn't appear to trade. I think IB misses some input into Sierra but I'm surprised Tenfore didn't show the trade. I don't run DAX. I think you can get Time&Sales on Tenfore. I'll have a look.
Time and Sales is under "Screens"

blash

111 0
NB.

No I dont think that is possible with the Tenfore package

I was assuming that everybody's feed and charts would be the same as long as the feed is from the Eurex exchange.

mmillar

330 5
I have a low (from eSignal) of 3360.5 at 11.48am local.

blash

111 0
My chart shows a low of 3360.5 and my sell stop was at 3360 I'd
bought at 3364.

Thanks mmiller.

Maybe this highlights why people say you shouldnt use stops.

Last edited:

mmillar

330 5
I'm surprised by this. Stops are only supposed to trigger once the market has already traded at that price - and some companies require a few trades at a price before the stop is released into the market. Therefore, by definition, it can't be a 'blip'.

You should speak to IB.

Trader333

8,652 980
mmiller,

Stops on IB can be triggered in a number of ways and not just on last traded price although this is generally applied to stocks.

Paul

oatman

2,879 22
I used to feed Ftse Futures from Tenfore Satellite into Indexia and Updata, whilst trading live on Pats J-Trader. Tenfore also has its own charts. Regularly Updata would miss .5 point and occasionally up 1.5 points. The other 2 printed the correct trades. This was more easily detectable at highs and lows. Updata didn't like my complaints and never corrected their programme.
I would think that an electronic trading platform is more reliable than any chart package.

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
blash - have you looked at your settings on IB's TWS to see what makes your stops trigger? There are different criteria - it could be that yours is set to trigger on a bid/ask price, not a traded price. Just a thought. :D

Trader333

8,652 980
Based on what has been said and as an exercise I would run the IB feed into something like Quotetracker and see if the charts show those types of trade. You can also observe Time and Sales on QT so it should show up.

Paul

waqr

128 0
on friday at 17:23 eu time my bid at 3409.5 was filled despite the chart showing a low of 10.

recently I sold my longs into a spike and got filled 2 points [4 ticks] above the printed high. Obviously not every trade/tick is being reported.

BTW I am using Tenfore

Last edited:

oatman

2,879 22
Exactly what I'm saying. The trading platform is accurate, the charts are not. You can only shove so much info thru these things in one go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock