place stop orders at a given time

skan

Hi

How can I place a stop that takes place at a given time?
For example I want to exit a position at 18:00 but I don't to calculate and send the order on that bar.
I prefer to place it with an stop in order to avoid data feed problems. That way I don't need to be connected to the market when it's executed.
Typical stops are placed at a given price, but I want mine to be placed at a gicen time.

Thanks

Hi

How can I place a stop that takes place at a given time?
For example I want to exit a position at 18:00 but I don't to calculate and send the order on that bar.
I prefer to place it with an stop in order to avoid data feed problems. That way I don't need to be connected to the market when it's executed.
Typical stops are placed at a given price, but I want mine to be placed at a gicen time.

Thanks
Stops submitted to the TS broker will trigger at a particular price.

To trigger a stop at a particular time may be done using a time-based strategy to be set up and running, which in turn means that you will need to be connected to the market, so that the strategy sends the order to the market at the time required

There is also an option to submit an order from the order bar that uses a time-based "activation rule". Look at the order bar and tick the activation rule box. Next to it is another box where you can enter a start time greater than or equal to either a local time or exchange time that you enter

Charlton

Last edited: