Tibra Trading Europe - About

Tibra office in USA?

hi au959,

do you also have any market-making operations in the US? I've not heard reference to your firm in any of the major markets in the US.
sounds like you guys are pretty ambitious, and have seemingly grown the business rapidly in Europe and Australia (at least from the reads of it).....keen to know of your operations in the US, if any? perhaps we can discuss a strategic business partnership offline

Hello,

I was shown this thread by a staff member and thought i'd make a quick comment.

I was one of the ex-optiver guys referred to and i founded the Tibra Group almost 2 years ago. It was not a 1 man start up though, we had a team of 17 on day 1 and significant capital.

We now have traders (predominantly in equity derivatives) across Asia, Europe and Australia as well as a technology company and a capital management company...

Our website has some info, but will probably still not satisfy gewdward3! We focus on trading and trading systems, so the website has lagged a little.

Basically, we look for the smartest, fastest, most disciplined and motivated people to trade for us across global markets.

We do have some testing but the real test is your first 6 months or so where you are given intensive training.

This is not arcade style trading, we trade serious volume with a large capital backing. We are big enough to compete globally but small enough to reward fairly.

We are generally non directional and rely on market making and arb strategies, along with cutting edge technology that we develop ourselves.

We have some of the best traders and developers in the markets, so if you think you have what it takes and want to know more, check out our website for contact details and apply to sit the testing

: Tibra Capital :

Got preliminary tests coming up next week. What are the logic questions like? What are the threshold percentages for both parts of the test? Would appreciate any type of help for the tests.

Has anyone on this site got an offer from Tibra? I am starting full time there soon and would be great to meet up with future colleagues! Send me a msg if you are in the same boat!

Hey there everyone.....
I received a confirmation that I have passed the preliminary test and would be called for an HR interview soon.....If anybody here has already taken the interview, I would appreciate any advice regarding it......also....If I clear the HR interview, would the technical interview follow immediately or later on.....how technical could I expect the interview to get?
Any help would be genuinely appreciated since I'm very keen on joining Tibra...
Thanks in advance

Hi sheyrmehta, I'm having the test soon; could you give me some tips about what I should focus on? And how did the HR interview go?
Cheers!

mensatrader, do you tips/examples about the kind of questions one faces at the Tibra test/interview?
Reactions from everyone are welcome..
Thanks in advance

Has anyone taken Tibra's 2 hours long C++ written coding test for programming position (not trading)? What's it like and what kinds of questions/ problems to expect? Thanks in advance.

Interview questions..

As people said the maths part is quite wordy, just skim the key words and work with the numbers. Do questions in any order and just do them quick, you won't finish but the closer you get the better but be accurate. Logic is brain teasers etc, look at mathbox problems, and make sure you use the scrap paper given don't try to do it in your head you will just get confused. Any questions about interview I can help you with, I had 3 interviews but unfortunately didn't get the job.

Hello Fredsmith,
I know you have posted this article a looong time ago,
but if you still see this, could you tell me a bit about the interviews?
What the HR interview is like... and especially the Technical one..
I would really appreciate it ;)

Last edited:
Congrats!

As people said the maths part is quite wordy, just skim the key words and work with the numbers. Do questions in any order and just do them quick, you won't finish but the closer you get the better but be accurate. Logic is brain teasers etc, look at mathbox problems, and make sure you use the scrap paper given don't try to do it in your head you will just get confused. Any questions about interview I can help you with, I had 3 interviews but unfortunately didn't get the job.

Has anyone on this site got an offer from Tibra? I am starting full time there soon and would be great to meet up with future colleagues! Send me a msg if you are in the same boat!

Congrats! when will you start?
What were the interviews like?
Was it very technical?
Should we just read up on Hull??
I will definitely contact you if I manage to pass the interviews ;)

yea i got called for that too. But uni is on right now and i'm located in Brissy.

Optiver is coming to UQ in April and they told me to take the test then.

Congrats! when will you start?
What were the interviews like?
Was it very technical?
Should we just read up on Hull??
I will definitely contact you if I manage to pass the interviews ;)

Hi xredlight, sounds like u've passed the math test. Congratulations, if I'm right. Could you tell me about the test? Like should I be prepared for? Do you have some examples of the questions you've been asked? Thanks in advance

hi guys I went through all the parts of Tibra recruitment but failed the very last stage... not a good experience :)

I will be happy to share my knowledge with anyone interested.

hi guys I went through all the parts of Tibra recruitment but failed the very last stage... not a good experience :)

I will be happy to share my knowledge with anyone interested.

Hi Pchaser, further to your message sent to my mailbox about 20 pounds something for interview questions, I would like to pay you for the information for technical interview with Tibra. But can you at least tell us your background? Or nobody would be likely to pay you.

Hi,

First, can i say that i am extremely dissapointed to see people trying to trade cash for interview questions or other assistance.

The general screening process involves numerical and logical reasoning testing to determine if you can think quickly and accurately enough to implement our trading strategies and develop trading skills as required by our firm.

The interviews are designed to determine whether you have the character and personality to do this consistently as well as work within a high pressure team oriented environment.

The 'technical' part of the interview is aimed more at your capacity to learn, not what technical knowledge you may already have (although this may be relevant also).

In any case, i doubt whether this is something you can pay for assistance with, and i certainly think it is unethical to try to offer specific questions for sale.