Tibra Trading Europe - About

Sounds a decent company.

I have been reading a lot about tests and tests and tests. I just wonder if there is any official/ unofficial information about how exact the company is run, and more things about trading.

I have been doing my own spread betting. Have developed my own strategies which have helped me make some money. But I am thinking of migrating to a decent trading company to take off my career. Does anyone have or knows how to find more specific information about Tibra?

Many thanks.

Hey szheng,

As a co-founder and current director of Tibra, I probably have the specific information you're looking for ;)

Can you be a little more specific in your questions?

Sounds a decent company.

I have been reading a lot about tests and tests and tests. I just wonder if there is any official/ unofficial information about how exact the company is run, and more things about trading.

I have been doing my own spread betting. Have developed my own strategies which have helped me make some money. But I am thinking of migrating to a decent trading company to take off my career. Does anyone have or knows how to find more specific information about Tibra?

Many thanks.

Hey roohif

I sat the test in feb/march 2008, was unsucessful in getting asked back for an interview. Just wondering when I can re-apply for any open positions, would I need to wait a year or so before I was considered again

Thanks

I've submitted my application 2 weeks ago; still haven't had any feedback from em. Anyone knows the general feed back time?

Can anyone help - I've been offered a trainee job by both Tibra and Liquid, has anyone got any advice on which one I should accept?

Tibra sounds more fun and is much more ££ + quicker development - does this mean riskier?

Liquid has been around longer, better known and the training is longer so perhaps more detailed.

Does anyone know anything about the trading styles of the 2 companies, ie do they trade the same products/use the same derivatives etc.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hey Ya!

I am currently in the UK. Are you in NUS/ NTU? Or just Management U? If you are interested into trading, contact me.

My surname is Ooi.

S K

I'm glad i did a random search on Tibra Trading and found this forum page!

Sent in my resume and coverletter last week and i was impressed that i got an acknowledgment email.

I'm studying in Singapore and i will be graduating in a month's time. Keeping my fingers crossed that they invite me for the logic test.

Does anyone know if Tibra Trading is looking to open offices in Asia?
I'm open to relocating to Europe but the opportunity to work in Hong Kong or China will be great too.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me a few words about that interview after tests? What kind of questions should I expect? Do they ask about technical, financial issues or just check interpersonal abilities?

Cheers

Hi there,

I am new to this forum. But I'm looking for a job in derivatives trading in Amsterdam. I understood Tibra is opening a new office in the old workroom of Herman Brood. I am graduated in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Sciences and have 1 year experience with Optiver. I would like to get in contact with Tibra, but my emails, to the mailadress which is mentioned on the website, are bounced.

I also wonder when the office will open its doors. Any information would be useful.

Thanx in advance!

Hi, civilian

As far as my knowledge goes, Tibra is a company made up of ex-traders of an aussie-based trade company. It is an SME ( small to medium establishment ).

It is however, trying to get people who can relax ( as you know all kiwis and aussies are ) and at the same time do trades as well. So, those who are quite relaxed in attitude and have the professionalism for trade might wish to join in.

Their tests however are quite difficult - good for those MENSA chaps though. However, if you are lucky to pass the tests, you will get a job in Tibra Trading! Good luck!

If you have any queries regarding trading, feel free to correspond with myself privately as well as in this forum.

S K

Hi there,

I am new to this forum. But I'm looking for a job in derivatives trading in Amsterdam. I understood Tibra is opening a new office in the old workroom of Herman Brood. I am graduated in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Sciences and have 1 year experience with Optiver. I would like to get in contact with Tibra, but my emails, to the mailadress which is mentioned on the website, are bounced.

I also wonder when the office will open its doors. Any information would be useful.

Thanx in advance!

the math part is truly time pressing. logic part is cool, and easy.

but the english for both parts are horrible, full of slang and jargon.I think i still remain a tiny chance of passing..

Last edited:
The math is basic, in the form of word problems; quite similar to the numerical tests the big IBs use from shl - SHL psychometrics and aptitude tests improve people performance has some practice tests.

As for the logic there were a variety of brainteasers, e.g. rearranging matches to change a shape as well as riddles. This is not from the Tibra exam but is similar to some of what they asked:

Your sock drawer contains 8 red socks and 11 blue socks that are otherwise identical. The light is broken and you must choose your socks in the dark - what is the minimum number of socks you need to take into your well-lit living room to guarantee that you have at least one matching pair?

Hi guys,

I have got the test next week, can you please confirm that the test is multiple choice and can you please recommend any books/website for maths and logical reasoning as well please.

Thanks.

its not MC, u will need to fill the blank.
Test's not hard. Make sure u select the shortest Qs in maths part and do em first.
Logical is pretty easy; I finished in bout 45 min; but that's nothing u can really practice for.

its not MC, u will need to fill the blank.
Test's not hard. Make sure u select the shortest Qs in maths part and do em first.
Logical is pretty easy; I finished in bout 45 min; but that's nothing u can really practice for.

Thanks for the reply, but i didnt understand what is meant by shortest Q?

The question length. Some are a few words and some are quite complicated which bout 3 lines. So make sure u do the easier ones first. It's not like Optiver's test which u get marks deducted for skipped answer.

As people said the maths part is quite wordy, just skim the key words and work with the numbers. Do questions in any order and just do them quick, you won't finish but the closer you get the better but be accurate. Logic is brain teasers etc, look at mathbox problems, and make sure you use the scrap paper given don't try to do it in your head you will just get confused. Any questions about interview I can help you with, I had 3 interviews but unfortunately didn't get the job.

yeah, for the math just move on. the questions are not ranked in orders of difficulty, so spending more time on an earlier question could deprive you 2 easy questions at the back. don't bother to double check your working, or you probably will run out of time . i did =(

logic is not too bad. rearranging puzzles etc. some true/false statement contradiction problems - like find out who's lying etc. or your A lives in house 2, B owns a dog. C likes red. Then you have to work out what the missing values are. Not hard to do, but time consuming if you're not used to it. they had only one sequence and series question in my paper ... which was a bit disappointing cos I thought they would focus more on the math ... and that sequence wasnt even really mathematical ... =P

just had my test a week ago ... fingers crossed ... hope i didnt screw up ... i'm better with the derivatives knowledge etc ... my calculator has been doing my math for the last 10 years of my life ... i would probably have been faster at the math bits when i was in high school then after uni ... lol

Hi Roohif,

Thanks for your reply. I just checked your reply and sorry to get back to you only after such a long time. It has been a tough time in the market and I am feeling ever more pressing to talk to you about any opportunities in the company.

I myself is very interested and have experience in commodities trading. I believe that the same model I have built for crude oil trading could be extended to study and trade any other products like Gold and FX. I am not saying it is a perfect model but I am constantly trying to improve the model, increase the quality of correct trade signals and aim for better reward:risk ratio. I believe with your expertise in the trading area, and my enthusiasm and persistence in trading, we would work something out even in this uncertain period.

I would love to have an opportunity to meet you or your colleagues and discuss possible contributions to your firm.

Many thanks.

Szheng

Hi! I am new to this forum and was invited to take the math and logical test...Does anyone knows if they look a like the GRE/GMAT exams (math and logical parts)??
Many thanks!

Hello all!
Have just been reading this thread from the beginning. I have the test this week.
Did anyone actually get offered a position after having passed the tests/interviews? If so how are you getting on at Tibra?
How does Tibra compare to another company like Futex who also have challenging maths and reasoning tests on application?
Thanks!

As people said the maths part is quite wordy, just skim the key words and work with the numbers. Do questions in any order and just do them quick, you won't finish but the closer you get the better but be accurate. Logic is brain teasers etc, look at mathbox problems, and make sure you use the scrap paper given don't try to do it in your head you will just get confused. Any questions about interview I can help you with, I had 3 interviews but unfortunately didn't get the job.

Fredsmith, Wow 3 interviews?! Why so many? What were the interviews and the interview questions like?
Thanks!