Tibra Trading Europe - About

Hi,

First, can i say that i am extremely dissapointed to see people trying to trade cash for interview questions or other assistance.

The general screening process involves numerical and logical reasoning testing to determine if you can think quickly and accurately enough to implement our trading strategies and develop trading skills as required by our firm.

The interviews are designed to determine whether you have the character and personality to do this consistently as well as work within a high pressure team oriented environment.

The 'technical' part of the interview is aimed more at your capacity to learn, not what technical knowledge you may already have (although this may be relevant also).

In any case, i doubt whether this is something you can pay for assistance with, and i certainly think it is unethical to try to offer specific questions for sale.

But honestly, those HR don't even know trading themselves, how can they decide whether trading is suitable to the candidate or not??? The HR interview always become very personal...

Hi,

First, can i say that i am extremely dissapointed to see people trying to trade cash for interview questions or other assistance.

The general screening process involves numerical and logical reasoning testing to determine if you can think quickly and accurately enough to implement our trading strategies and develop trading skills as required by our firm.

The interviews are designed to determine whether you have the character and personality to do this consistently as well as work within a high pressure team oriented environment.

The 'technical' part of the interview is aimed more at your capacity to learn, not what technical knowledge you may already have (although this may be relevant also).

In any case, i doubt whether this is something you can pay for assistance with, and i certainly think it is unethical to try to offer specific questions for sale.

One could say, at least they have a natural trading spirit. ;)

does anyone know if they are still testing/interviewing or when the next group of sessions will begin... i was invited to one last month but was sick and unable to attend & when I emailed to inform them I got no response or offer to take it at a later date.
any ideas when they'll be next testing?

Algorithmic Trading Software

Hi,

Would we be able to have a further discussion around your IT infrastructure. We have a number of market making clients who have deployed our core technology for rapid algo development and signal generation, including a couple of groups base in Amsterdam that I am sure that you are aware of.

Kind regards,
Daniel.
[email protected]
+442077880137.

Hello,

I was shown this thread by a staff member and thought i'd make a quick comment.

I was one of the ex-optiver guys referred to and i founded the Tibra Group almost 2 years ago. It was not a 1 man start up though, we had a team of 17 on day 1 and significant capital.

We now have traders (predominantly in equity derivatives) across Asia, Europe and Australia as well as a technology company and a capital management company...

Our website has some info, but will probably still not satisfy gewdward3! We focus on trading and trading systems, so the website has lagged a little.

Basically, we look for the smartest, fastest, most disciplined and motivated people to trade for us across global markets.

We do have some testing but the real test is your first 6 months or so where you are given intensive training.

This is not arcade style trading, we trade serious volume with a large capital backing. We are big enough to compete globally but small enough to reward fairly.

We are generally non directional and rely on market making and arb strategies, along with cutting edge technology that we develop ourselves.

We have some of the best traders and developers in the markets, so if you think you have what it takes and want to know more, check out our website for contact details and apply to sit the testing

: Tibra Capital :

Just sent you an email!

Hi,

Would we be able to have a further discussion around your IT infrastructure. We have a number of market making clients who have deployed our core technology for rapid algo development and signal generation, including a couple of groups base in Amsterdam that I am sure that you are aware of.

Kind regards,
Daniel.
[email protected]
+442077880137.

Its not just SHL. You have the std 1hr, 30 mins after after you get through both the SHL's. Makes you wonder how many tests you need to do before you even reach the interview stage!

this is the funniest thing i have ever read, i work at a top tier commodities hedge fund, none of us did anything like this to get into trading and more importantly no one needs to be able to do this amount of tests to get into trading.
If they want traders they should employ traders not some random guy just because he is brilliant at maths.
I bet half these guys couldnt trade there way out of a wet paper bag.

i've got to do an online test with tibra in the next few days. i've done one before with exxonmobil for finance scheme. i'm expecting this to be more difficult. any clues as to what kind of questions will come up. also how many questions are there?

Its not just SHL. You have the std 1hr, 30 mins after after you get through both the SHL's. Makes you wonder how many tests you need to do before you even reach the interview stage!

Can you shed more light on those 1h30m tests please? Got them coming up in two weeks. Thanks.

hi guys,

final round interview with a senior trader coming up VERY soon

any advice/tips?

thanks

If they want traders they should employ traders not some random guy just because he is brilliant at maths.

I agree that just because a guy is good at maths does not mean he will make a good trader, so I think your comment is really a matter of "different horses for different courses". Market making firms require people with excellent mathematical skills; while I imagine hedge funds focus more on the other end of the spectrum - people who are "market savvy".

My opinion is that both skills are required to be an excellent market maker, and hopefully :)?:) this is reflected in the relative remuneration levels and/or the risk/return profiles of the two industries.

My point is that your average market maker would have far fewer grey hairs than your average hedge fund trader, and possibly more cash :p

this is the funniest thing i have ever read, i work at a top tier commodities hedge fund, none of us did anything like this to get into trading and more importantly no one needs to be able to do this amount of tests to get into trading.

people who are brilliant and good at maths may not be guaranteed to be good traders, but those who are slow at maths can never stand a chance to make a fortune from trading

Last edited:
I am literally getting depressed coz i have graduated, working for a big 4 firm but my passion lies in trading. No1 ever gets back to me from efinancialcareers.com...:(

Rant over..

I am literally getting depressed coz i have graduated, working for a big 4 firm but my passion lies in trading. No1 ever gets back to me from efinancialcareers.com...:(

Rant over..

for how many years?
im afraid they prefer to hire very sharp graduates rather than someone that is not a white paper anymore...

Did anyone receive job offer from tibra for 2010 intake? I went through the last stage of assessment in march and interviews and was told trainee traders start to work from september. They also told me in late April that i was among their top 10 candidates but no update was given since then.

The same thing happened to one of my friend who applied at tibra too last year, received no updates for months and finally gave up. There are rumour that tibra management think they have a tight budget so they can not afford for new traders.

this corp Tibra Trading Europe is collecting Curriculum Vitae

there is no detailed information, no impressum no name on their website

Did anyone receive job offer from tibra for 2010 intake? I went through the last stage of assessment in march and interviews and was told trainee traders start to work from september. They also told me in late April that i was among their top 10 candidates but no update was given since then.

The same thing happened to one of my friend who applied at tibra too last year, received no updates for months and finally gave up. There are rumour that tibra management think they have a tight budget so they can not afford for new traders.

The rumours are unfounded. We continue to hire - and have hired - several trainees in 2010.

Have you contacted our HR department to check on the progress? Feel free to send me a PM with the details ...

Cheers!