firewalker99

Legendary member
6,655 603
CYOF said:
Just in case some traders did not find my last post humorous :LOL: - here is something a bit more serious that some may find interesting?

Hmm... That would make me a visionary.
Unfortunately I can't really say that has helped me in trading so far.
 

MattF

Newbie
5 0
CYOF said:
It is something that also makes me wonder about traders - if a trader is so good at what he/she does, then why would he/she need to sell information.

Is it Greed or Failure?

Both; the leftover/rare few are being smart and making something while actually having an integral desire to teach what they know...on their own basis, not someone else's...
 

SOCRATES

Veteren member
4,966 136
starspacer said:
Fact of course, but not in the sense you mean it. There is good application of wise concealment and the most practical knowledge consists in knowing these false idols. But of course therein lies the contradiction which the masses sadly never understand.
What is more, is that they do not understand that they do not understand, like a moth trying to fly its way out through the impenetrable glass of a closed window pane...:cheesy:....but persist and persist and argue and argue if and when they are told...:cheesy:
 

starspacer

Well-known member
270 17
SOCRATES said:
What is more, is that they do not understand that they do not understand, like a moth trying to fly its way out through the impenetrable glass of a closed window pane...:cheesy:....but persist and persist and argue and argue if and when they are told...:cheesy:
Yes, precisely Socrates. Furthermore the Master attains applause by either of two opposite paths.

The masses drift towards the succor of a happy exit rather than the (more difficult) search for the ultimate truth.

Still, that is why they are the onlookers rather than the Masters. Or, in trading parlance, they are the 'dumb' money.

Sad really :cheesy:
 

SOCRATES

Veteren member
4,966 136
starspacer said:
Yes, precisely Socrates. Furthermore the Master attains applause by either of two opposite paths.

The masses drift towards the succor of a happy exit rather than the (more difficult) search for the ultimate truth.

Still, that is why they are the onlookers rather than the Masters. Or, in trading parlance, they are the 'dumb' money.

Sad really :cheesy: [/QUOTE]...But necessary...we need liquidity...we need cannon fodder...we need lots of it to be on the opposite side of the trade...and we need a constant stream of cannon fodder ...and the more the better...Sad...but funny and necessary also:cheesy:
 

andycan

Established member
630 28
SOCRATES said:
starspacer said:
Yes, precisely Socrates. Furthermore the Master attains applause by either of two opposite paths.

The masses drift towards the succor of a happy exit rather than the (more difficult) search for the ultimate truth.

Still, that is why they are the onlookers rather than the Masters. Or, in trading parlance, they are the 'dumb' money.

Sad really :cheesy: [/QUOTE]...But necessary...we need liquidity...we need cannon fodder...we need lots of it to be on the opposite side of the trade...and we need a constant stream of cannon fodder ...and the more the better...Sad...but funny and necessary also:cheesy:
Spot on, A necessary evil

But even the masters end up being on the wrong side, sometimes

And the 'dumb' money gain, but lose by gaining a false sense of security

And around it goes again
 

starspacer

Well-known member
270 17
In this matter the piquant paradox holds true. The masses futilely search for the Grail, whilst seeking to gain time either to evade mishaps or to excuse them. The Masters know with absolute certainty that trading events occur not by chance. However, they are sufficiently enlightened to know that even in cases of obvious certainty there exists digression from rational conduct.

And yet, the Enlightened will seek to cast off the fool's cap from the Masses. Therein lies the paradox since, to use your analogy, the moths enter into an unequal conflict against the glass. This is the consolation of fools, being ‘cannon fodder’, so on the one hand they are relieved of their enslavement, but on the other they are providing the necessary profits for the Grail Holder.
 

SOCRATES

Veteren member
4,966 136
starspacer said:
In this matter the piquant paradox holds true. The masses futilely search for the Grail, whilst seeking to gain time either to evade mishaps or to excuse them. The Masters know with absolute certainty that trading events occur not by chance. However, they are sufficiently enlightened to know that even in cases of obvious certainty there exists digression from rational conduct.

And yet, the Enlightened will seek to cast off the fool's cap from the Masses. Therein lies the paradox since, to use your analogy, the moths enter into an unequal conflict against the glass. This is the consolation of fools, being ‘cannon fodder’, so on the one hand they are relieved of their enslavement, but on the other they are providing the necessary profits for the Grail Holder.
Yes exactly, and what reliief it is to encounter at least one member who is as truly clued up as you are.

My Compliments to you Starspacer.

:cheesy:
 

nkruger

Established member
855 76
Good post

:LOL:
I rated this an 8.

Why?

Not because it had some very good points in relation to how trading may be approached - but it got the 8 mostly because it mentioned what I consider as the most important point of all - that is, your success / failure at trading (or anything in life for that matter) is largely dependant on YOU - and to add to that, the way YOU think.

In order to keep at it, as this is the only way we learn anything in life, YOU must have a commitment to what you are doing or trying to achieve.

To have a commitment, YOU must have a PURPOSE.

Your PURPOSE in life is the driving force that keeps you going no matter what.

But, a PURPOSE is no good on its own.

YOU, must also have a VISION so that you can see where you are going. This is very important, otherwise you may wander and never get anywhere or achieve anything.

But, a VISION on its own is also no good.

YOU, must also set yourself GOALS and TARGETS.

Your GOALS in life make it tangible, the difference between dreaming about something and actually making something happen.

BUT, having GOALS on their own is also no good.

YOU, must have a PLAN that breaks your MAIN GOALS down into manageable SMALL GOALS so that you can actually show results.

FAIL TO PLAN <> PLAN TO FAIL

So, before YOU even start on the road to finding the HOLY GRAIL for trading, unless you have a definite PURPOSE in life YOU may find it very difficult to achieve any real success.

IMHO, it is more important to be aware of the above more so than any TOOL that will be used for trading.

Once YOU fully understand the concepts of PURPOSE > VISION > GOALS > PLAN, then YOU will begin to realise that your success is 100% dependant on how YOU think.

Once YOU start this process, YOU will then discover additional details as to how YOU think can affect your desired GOALS.

It is not always necessary to have an ANSWER to a PROBLEM - and once YOU begin to understand how YOU think CORRECTLY, you will realise that the answer to every problem lies within - the SUB CONSCIOUS will automatically find the solution to any problem -providing of course we take the time to learn how this actually works.

BUT - this is all dependant on YOU having a definite PURPOSE in life - the real HOLY GRAIL.



Cheers for that CYOF, a very good post - although I do realise it was posted a while ago. It's just taking me a long time to read through all the T2W threads (there must be millions !!)
 

Lightning McQueen

Moderator
4,935 788
Cheers for that CYOF, a very good post - although I do realise it was posted a while ago. It's just taking me a long time to read through all the T2W threads (there must be millions !!)

Hi nk

CYOF may not be able to see your post as he was banned a while back, perhaps one of his chums may convey your kind words back to him, providing he actually still frequents t'other place of course.

Lightning
 

nkruger

Established member
855 76
Hi nk

CYOF may not be able to see your post as he was banned a while back, perhaps one of his chums may convey your kind words back to him, providing he actually still frequents t'other place of course.

Lightning

So, how long does the 'Ban' last then ?
 

Lightning McQueen

Moderator
4,935 788
Last edited:

Rhody Trader

Senior member
2,620 266
The Masters know with absolute certainty that trading events occur not by chance. However, they are sufficiently enlightened to know that even in cases of obvious certainty there exists digression from rational conduct.

This quote needs sharing with all the Wall Street PhD types and academic advocates of Efficient Market Theory.
 

rols

Experienced member
1,621 336
Hi nk

CYOF may not be able to see your post as he was banned a while back, perhaps one of his chums may convey your kind words back to him, providing he actually still frequents t'other place of course.

Lightning

CYOF is quite correct in his post. For many this may be the eureka moment in their trading careers.

The lucky ones amongst us find the traders road to Damascus by reading the map. The unfortunate ones blow one or two accounts before the light appears. The losers give up and go on to probably fail at something else, enjoying the state of perpetual journeymen.

This may help, good resource;

http://www.mypivots.com/articles/articles.aspx?artnum=13

http://www.mypivots.com/articles/articles.aspx?artnum=12

Once the plan is planned, tested and traded without deviation then look at the numbers.

Makes yer fink?

http://www.mypivots.com/articles/articles.aspx?artnum=21
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lightning McQueen
 
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock