The Internet Link/Info Police are around again

From your link:

"Si [sic] I am now looking for people to train to trade the markets with me using my 'Mac Daddy' price behaviour trading software...and fund them to follow my rule-based trading strategy that saw me win the Live Trading World Championship in Frankfurt last year."

So he does appear to be selling "Mac Daddy" software.

He also repeats the false claim that he won a world championship.

What a guy! Can you imagine a man who looks like this being anything but honest?

LpEnNMcdPEi-zQTiRk7sOw2.jpg

Hi Ok a few people messaged me to ask what do all the order flow events on the chart mean heres a direct copy from the software companys website

I know that Dionyus that you are an expert in this field too as well as Carl Weiss the owner of the company and hopefully will agree..I guess with the point of starting the post in order to want to tell people about the software and how its changed........see if you agree ..traders look for momentum to trade ...... you can't get a change in momentum unless you get a change in price so momentum lags price....you also can't cant a change in price until order flow changes... so order flows preceed all price and momentum indicators.

It's no black box trading system...it has algos written in real time that monitor the order flows and hft programs to alert a person quicker than price or momentum can .

Dionyus also I respect the fact that you know all about order flows too and were one of the first a while back to try and teach people about it so I respectfully again do ask you to at least wade into the argument as to whether I not I may be a liar.

i am stubborn I admit but sometimes you get nowhere without being stubborn...but point taken.

Below is the definition of the events that are surfaced anyways :
Order Flow 'Events'...
High Frequency Trading (HFT) Events:
Long Reversal in Equities HFT – The footprints from High Frequency Trading (HFT) have quickly gone from an aggregated Short posture to an aggregated Long posture.

Short Reversal in Equities HFT – The footprints from High Frequency Trading (HFT) have quickly gone from an aggregated Long posture to an aggregated Short posture.

HFT Buy Surge – The level of High Frequency Trading (HFT) Buying has increased rapidly enough to potentially displace the current Supply & Demand equilibrium.

HFT Sell Surge – The level of High Frequency Trading (HFT) Selling has increased rapidly enough to potentially displace the current Supply & Demand equilibrium.

Market Depth Events:
Bids Swept – The price ladder of Bids within the CME\GLOBEX’s order book were cleared out in a rapid fashion by an imbalance of trades.

Offers Swept – The price ladder of Offers within CME\GLOBEX’s order book were cleared out in a rapid fashion by an imbalance of trades.

Sell Stops Swept | Likely Exhaustion – The pattern of transaction execution is consistent with the footprints of prior trends that have terminated in exhaustion due to the elimination of protective sell stops.

Buy Stops Swept | Likely Exhaustion – The pattern of transaction execution is consistent with the footprints of prior trends that have terminated in exhaustion due to the elimination of protective buy stops.

Bids Replenished – The Bids within CME\GLOBEX’s order book are being replenished at a strong enough rate to imply that the supply of Bids can likely absorb any additional selling momentum.

Offers Replenished – The Offers within CME\GLOBEX’s order book are being replenished at a strong enough rate to imply that the supply of Offers can likely absorb any additional selling momentum.

Buyer vs. Seller Events
Sell Programs Waning – Occurs when the Sell Program’s Order Flow Momentum and Price Micro-Momentum ("Price Micro-Momentum" …sceeto’s proprietary algos that track very small changes in price momentum) are initially congruent but evolve to a state where Order Flow Momentum is no longer keeping pace with Price Micro Momentum.

In this situation one of two things must occur:

1. Either Order Flow Momentum has to resume and sustain the move in Price.

- or -

2. Price has to stall and possibly reverse.

Buy Programs Waning – Occurs when the Buy Program’s Order Flow Momentum and Price Micro-Momentum (Price Micro-Momentum – …sceeto’s proprietary algos that track very small changes in price momentum) are initially congruent but evolve to a state where Order Flow Momentum is no longer keeping pace with Price Micro Momentum.

- or -

Sellers May Be Trapped – A concentration of Sellers have recently entered the market and found themselves immediately fighting the tape. This particular population of Buyers is likely made up of emotional traders.

Buyers May Be Trapped – A concentration of Buyers have recently entered the market and found themselves immediately fighting the tape. This particular population of Buyers is likely made up of emotional traders.

Hi Ok a few people messaged me to ask what do all the order flow events on the chart mean heres a direct copy from the software companys website

I know that Dionyus that you are an expert in this field too as well as Carl Weiss the owner of the company and hopefully will agree..I guess with the point of starting the post in order to want to tell people about the software and how its changed........see if you agree ..traders look for momentum to trade ...... you can't get a change in momentum unless you get a change in price so momentum lags price....you also can't cant a change in price until order flow changes... so order flows preceed all price and momentum indicators.

It's no black box trading system...it has algos written in real time that monitor the order flows and hft programs to alert a person quicker than price or momentum can .

Dionyus also I respect the fact that you know all about order flows too and were one of the first a while back to try and teach people about it so I respectfully again do ask you to at least wade into the argument as to whether I not I may be a liar.

i am stubborn I admit but sometimes you get nowhere without being stubborn...but point taken.

Below is the definition of the events that are surfaced anyways :
Order Flow 'Events'...
High Frequency Trading (HFT) Events:
Long Reversal in Equities HFT – The footprints from High Frequency Trading (HFT) have quickly gone from an aggregated Short posture to an aggregated Long posture.

Short Reversal in Equities HFT – The footprints from High Frequency Trading (HFT) have quickly gone from an aggregated Long posture to an aggregated Short posture.

HFT Buy Surge – The level of High Frequency Trading (HFT) Buying has increased rapidly enough to potentially displace the current Supply & Demand equilibrium.

HFT Sell Surge – The level of High Frequency Trading (HFT) Selling has increased rapidly enough to potentially displace the current Supply & Demand equilibrium.

Market Depth Events:
Bids Swept – The price ladder of Bids within the CME\GLOBEX’s order book were cleared out in a rapid fashion by an imbalance of trades.

Offers Swept – The price ladder of Offers within CME\GLOBEX’s order book were cleared out in a rapid fashion by an imbalance of trades.

Sell Stops Swept | Likely Exhaustion – The pattern of transaction execution is consistent with the footprints of prior trends that have terminated in exhaustion due to the elimination of protective sell stops.

Buy Stops Swept | Likely Exhaustion – The pattern of transaction execution is consistent with the footprints of prior trends that have terminated in exhaustion due to the elimination of protective buy stops.

Bids Replenished – The Bids within CME\GLOBEX’s order book are being replenished at a strong enough rate to imply that the supply of Bids can likely absorb any additional selling momentum.

Offers Replenished – The Offers within CME\GLOBEX’s order book are being replenished at a strong enough rate to imply that the supply of Offers can likely absorb any additional selling momentum.

Buyer vs. Seller Events
Sell Programs Waning – Occurs when the Sell Program’s Order Flow Momentum and Price Micro-Momentum ("Price Micro-Momentum" …sceeto’s proprietary algos that track very small changes in price momentum) are initially congruent but evolve to a state where Order Flow Momentum is no longer keeping pace with Price Micro Momentum.

- or -

Buy Programs Waning – Occurs when the Buy Program’s Order Flow Momentum and Price Micro-Momentum (Price Micro-Momentum – …sceeto’s proprietary algos that track very small changes in price momentum) are initially congruent but evolve to a state where Order Flow Momentum is no longer keeping pace with Price Micro Momentum.

- or -

Sellers May Be Trapped – A concentration of Sellers have recently entered the market and found themselves immediately fighting the tape. This particular population of Buyers is likely made up of emotional traders.

Buyers May Be Trapped – A concentration of Buyers have recently entered the market and found themselves immediately fighting the tape. This particular population of Buyers is likely made up of emotional traders.

Well how can it fail when you're using the fake world champions indicators?

Interesting I just googled Macdaddy...see what you mean...why Carl called it that ? Don't know but I know that it's based on order flows and not the price or momentum....from what he has said before it's a real time version as with his description (not mine) of his other algos .

Does look like an unfortunate pick for the name after googling it though but again not for me to say ..his choice

Well how can it fail when you're using the fake world champions indicators?

I don't know what you mean...I haven't come across a lot of the stuff you mention please explain what was that world champion indicators thing you are referring to?

I don't know what you mean...I haven't come across a lot of the stuff you mention please explain what was that world champion indicators thing you are referring to?

Come on - every serious trader knows THE SAGHBOOBY! By his own admission, he's probably trained traders in every major bank in the world.

I'd just like to make on thing clear...

"Dionyus also I respect the fact that you know all about order flows too and were one of the first a while back to try and teach people about it so I respectfully again do ask you to at least wade into the argument as to whether I not I may be a liar."

This is not true - I'm doing nothing that hasn't been around for ever. This has been discussed a lot on various forums. I just keep banging the drum.

In terms of your signals, well - interesting but nothing to do with HFT at all. Coincidentally, most of your signals are things that have been in the Jigsaw software for 12 months. They are configurable alerts I put in ages ago. :rolleyes:

They are there without such lofty names though because they are just alerts and anyone focused on the book doesn't need them. Where such things help is in running them for a few days and seeing where these events occur and what the typical reaction is. Then you keep that in your head and focus on the book. I go to great pains to tell people NOT to trade these alerts. It is merely additional information to aid the discretionary decision making process.

There's nothing really new in trading. I still think that reading order flow is best done by reading the order flow. If outfits like Futex are still funding traders to sit in front of XTrader all day, then that's good enough for me.

If your software adds value for people - that's great. If your software makes XTrader and other DOMs obsolete - that's great too.

But please - I respectfully ask one thing. Don't sell signals painted on a chart and then associate what you do with what I do. I do not believe in red light/green light systems and I do not want too be associated with them.

Que Leopard & CD to call for a vendor fight...

Ok I googled that guy Mike Baghdady: 'They call me the Mac Daddy'

Aha now I see what you guys are getting at but honestly you got to try at least to read whats said....that guy talks about a rule based system for trading his blah blah blah......
Sceeto uses real time algos to determine order flows etc etc

Not the same thing at all !!!

I'll give another quick example of something I came across before finding sceeto it s a program called HFT alert ...... that alerts you when hfts are buying or selling and the general strength of the trades ..... so do monitoring the prems etc but it never gives you an overall view of where the market is really going.

When I traded points I found monitoring the prem levels on the emini good for short trades but no good for the whole days trend.

Theres a lot of new stuff coming out that can crunch the numbers in real time and trading is definetly changing.
Cloud computing is a great help in that for sure.

I am delighted i found out about this software as it does what it says on the tin !

by the way i stopped usingh the hft alert thing as it didn't give any indication of the direction was interesting though

Last edited:
WTF you talking about Cloud Computing being a great help?

Do you even know what Cloud Computing is?

You are a veritable bag of random buzzwords...

Not this time, you're so far out of this guy's league it's not even funny. He'd be on the canvas before I'd had time to light my cigar. He'd be in the ambulance by the time Round Two was scheduled to start.

I'd buy tickets to see you pwn Trader Dante again though. :)

WTF you talking about Cloud Computing being a great help?

Do you even know what Cloud Computing is?

You are a veritable bag of random buzzwords...

Yes I do know what cloud computing is...thank you.... the applications it opens up are probably endless due to the sheer amount of processing power that you can harness now as opposed to a few years ago.

Different applications are utilizing it to backtest systems create systems etc for lot's of different industries without having to have millions upon millions of dollars in computer infrastructure
deos that answer your question ?

I'd just like to make on thing clear...

"Dionyus also I respect the fact that you know all about order flows too and were one of the first a while back to try and teach people about it so I respectfully again do ask you to at least wade into the argument as to whether I not I may be a liar."

This is not true - I'm doing nothing that hasn't been around for ever. This has been discussed a lot on various forums. I just keep banging the drum.

In terms of your signals, well - interesting but nothing to do with HFT at all. Coincidentally, most of your signals are things that have been in the Jigsaw software for 12 months. They are configurable alerts I put in ages ago. :rolleyes:

They are there without such lofty names though because they are just alerts and anyone focused on the book doesn't need them. Where such things help is in running them for a few days and seeing where these events occur and what the typical reaction is. Then you keep that in your head and focus on the book. I go to great pains to tell people NOT to trade these alerts. It is merely additional information to aid the discretionary decision making process.

There's nothing really new in trading. I still think that reading order flow is best done by reading the order flow. If outfits like Futex are still funding traders to sit in front of XTrader all day, then that's good enough for me.

If your software adds value for people - that's great. If your software makes XTrader and other DOMs obsolete - that's great too.

But please - I respectfully ask one thing. Don't sell signals painted on a chart and then associate what you do with what I do. I do not believe in red light/green light systems and I do not want too be associated with them.

Ok but thank you and I mean it at least for saying if it adds value to people that would be good. Thats the point here I think it does.
it's one of a new breed of indicators if you like at least they are real time signals.
How to interpret them is up to everyone....as I have stated previously I use them only for binaries as I have worked out my own little thing as regards the % of winners versus losers but I can see the merits of such a system for other types of trading especially when there isn't a huge choice of real time stuff out there.

The problem with order flow is that it's a niche market.

It's very hard to read the order flow. It takes a long time and a lot of hard work.

Of course, I am aware that my IT teacher in 1986 told me that "Speech recognition was too complex to be done by computers" and now there's an iPhone app you can ask silly questions all day and get reasonable responses.

With this in mind, I have to say that of course, reading order flow may be possible without reading order flow and by following red/green lights on NinjaTrader.

Still, I tend to suspect that this is an attempt to bring a niche to the mainstream. To dumb it down for the masses so that everyone and his dog can trade order flow mechanically just like an MA crossover.

It will sell because it has the thing that all newbies want - something to make the decisions for them.