The Internet Link/Info Police are around again

Alex can you do us a favour and tell us your IQ

you have either lost your mind; or you are Sagbooby

Hi,
No still around. Will post charts later on today etc. As regards other news for anyone intersted reading the forum posts. The software company has realeased the beta of the software for crude and 6e as well. Be interesting to see how it does.

They are also nearly ready to launch a demo site to give free live demos of some of the algos although I think it's geared more towards binaries but I don't know yet as I got what was probably a group email about it. For any one that wants details on when that launchs message me. I do know it's not all of them though that still requires signing up for a full free trial but it may be interesting to people to watch in real time.

I did get an explanation about Macdaddy though from Carl......
here is what he says in his blog post about the name .....

"MacDaddy is an Order Flow Momentum algorithm.

MacDaddy will always offer earlier and faster signals than price momentum indicators for a few simple, timeless reasons:

For a Price Momentum indicator's output to be updated there must first be a change in Price since Momentum is a function of Price.

Hence, Momentum is categorized as a 'Lagging' indicator since it lags changes in Price.

As MacDaddy deduces changes in the momentum of Order Flow, which occur prior to changes in Price, it is categorized as a 'Leading' indicator.

The name MacDaddy is a spoof on MACD. Urban Dictionary defines a MacDaddy "a term used to describe a man with an unusual power over women, and is derived from the French and later Louisiana Creole patois term "maqereau", which means "pimp". Adding "daddy" makes it mean "top pimp".

You can trade MacDaddy in a similar fashion to MACD. For instance, you can use higher highs in MacDaddy to show increasing momentum in an uptrend, or as a divergence indicator when a market is making new highs but MacDaddy is making lower highs.

Another killer use of MacDaddy is when there is a significant downtrend and MacDaddy makes massive BUY prints. Uptrends that begin with massive MacDaddy explosions are usually sustained and very easy to trade. "

Hi,
No still around. Will post charts later on today etc. As regards other news for anyone intersted reading the forum posts. The software company has realeased the beta of the software for crude and 6e as well. Be interesting to see how it does.

They are also nearly ready to launch a demo site to give free live demos of some of the algos although I think it's geared more towards binaries but I don't know yet as I got what was probably a group email about it. For any one that wants details on when that launchs message me. I do know it's not all of them though that still requires signing up for a full free trial but it may be interesting to people to watch in real time.

I did get an explanation about Macdaddy though from Carl......
here is what he says in his blog post about the name .....

"MacDaddy is an Order Flow Momentum algorithm.

MacDaddy will always offer earlier and faster signals than price momentum indicators for a few simple, timeless reasons:

For a Price Momentum indicator's output to be updated there must first be a change in Price since Momentum is a function of Price.

Hence, Momentum is categorized as a 'Lagging' indicator since it lags changes in Price.

As MacDaddy deduces changes in the momentum of Order Flow, which occur prior to changes in Price, it is categorized as a 'Leading' indicator.

The name MacDaddy is a spoof on MACD. Urban Dictionary defines a MacDaddy "a term used to describe a man with an unusual power over women, and is derived from the French and later Louisiana Creole patois term "maqereau", which means "pimp". Adding "daddy" makes it mean "top pimp".

You can trade MacDaddy in a similar fashion to MACD. For instance, you can use higher highs in MacDaddy to show increasing momentum in an uptrend, or as a divergence indicator when a market is making new highs but MacDaddy is making lower highs.

Another killer use of MacDaddy is when there is a significant downtrend and MacDaddy makes massive BUY prints. Uptrends that begin with massive MacDaddy explosions are usually sustained and very easy to trade. "

What about the the following indicators; where are they spoofed from;?
- Sagbooby
- World champion trader
- Millionnaire trader
- World champion employees puncher
- Mummy companies director

Todays chart only one TR signal but good overall.
The live site is being worked on and looking good...anyone want the link when it's ready please message me.Will post the live site results as they come along.
Also monitoring their crude oil and Euro/USD futures 6E algos which has just been launched will let you know if it looks promising or not.

Attachments

• 23rdaprilSceeto.JPG
    23rdaprilSceeto.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 174
What about the the following indicators; where are they spoofed from;?
- Sagbooby
- World champion trader
- Millionnaire trader
- World champion employees puncher
- Mummy companies director

:LOL:

Attachments

• keysersoze.jpg
    keysersoze.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 174
two true reckoning signals today both good. The true reckoning on CL seems to be quite good also no real results from the 6e (EurUsd futures) yet as such but it's only been launched. They are also finalishing other indexs and commodities as well I believe to include some of the European ones such as Dax etc

The real time free site for monitoring the algos live has been launched...it's mainly aimed at binarys but good for overall indication of the trend.... they are demo-ing it with just one of their algos wind at the moment which is an order flow algo feel free to message me for the link.
I'd hope they might add more but i guess they still would rather people try out the entire software in the free trial.

I should add charts are GMT = EST +5

Attachments

• 24thaprilsceeto.JPG
    24thaprilsceeto.JPG
    154.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Hi apoligies that i didn't post the charts yet as i have been busy testing the new 6e and Crude Oil...the cude oil is doing well 6e still needs to be tweaked a little bit as it's only still in beta but its coming along nicely.
There again as always was some very good signals from True Reckoning and Wind. The live test site showing wind in action is up and running so again pm me if you want the url..
thanks

Attachments

• 27thapril2012.JPG
    27thapril2012.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 26thapril2012.JPG
    26thapril2012.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 25thapril2012.JPG
    25thapril2012.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 183
Alex

Why not stop insulting everybodies intelligence and own up to being a part of this outfit.

It pretty fncking dull all this pretence.

DT

Hi apoligies that i didn't post the charts yet as i have been busy testing the new 6e and Crude Oil...the cude oil is doing well 6e still needs to be tweaked a little bit as it's only still in beta but its coming along nicely.
There again as always was some very good signals from True Reckoning and Wind. The live test site showing wind in action is up and running so again pm me if you want the url..
thanks

Announce your relationships/Connections........

T2WV
(Trade2Win Vigilantes)

Attachments

• T2WV.jpg
    T2WV.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 192
Alex

Why not stop insulting everybodies intelligence and own up to being a part of this outfit.

It pretty fncking dull all this pretence.

DT

I've already stated more than once that I signed up as an affiliate as well before....in order to get a commision I'd have to post my link or code which I'm not doing...whats dull is that some people are happy with the results from this and have said so. Theres no pretence I thought we were past that I could name a bunch of stuff i bet people have not even heard off that i tried and spent money on that had there own merits but didn't overall did not deliver as good and consistent as this or give a direction as to where the market was going.
For example one piece of software used fire off alerts when program trading was going on...useful but it didn't give a general direction of order flows etc as well.
Even the prems are a simple way to grab a point or two here or there but again no overall direction.
I get to beta test the other stuff before it's fully released because i signed up as an affiliate which to me is great as it doesn't cost me anything extra.

A lot of people on the board want to see for themselves the results without signing up. Some other people probably signed up for trials already as they know from the results it's atleast worth trying and seeing whether the true signals are being posted. You are right in your comment about an indicator to "dumb" it down for people thats it. It's a tool to help people know where the market is going with a higher degree of certainty without them having to already be expert traders. And for more experienced traders it's there to add to confidence of the trades they are involved in.

You don't believe me nor do you have to thats you're choice and I respect that but my only connection with them is as an affiliate (which I stated from day one) and also lucky for me beta testing all their new algos and giving them feedback. I say them/ Carl Weiss as i don't even know how many people work for the company my only contact has been emailing him.

Anway here is todays chart....interestingly enough no True Reckoning signals. I follow some other patterns as well personally and notice that today is an NR4 day for the S&p Futures and the Dow/Ym is an NR7day so it will be interesting to see if theydo both break out to the up or downside in the next 2 days with large point moves and also whether True reckoning and the other indicators catch it .

Thats case in point I think for any one that follows those days as i do, sometimes it's very hard to define which way it might break and the indicator is a great help in this..at least i think so.

Attachments

• 30thaprilsceeto.JPG
    30thaprilsceeto.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 162
ok - so you are plugging their service, you are an affiliate but a click of your vendor badge takes you straight to their site, therefore bypassing any chance to get paid as an affiliate, right?

Basically, there is actually no way for you to get your affiliate percentage from this thread.

Very charitable of you.

As you seem to have a link straight into development, perhaps you could clarify something.

On your... I mean THEIR site, it contains the following:

"Data that was once accessible only to hedge funds, quant shops and proprietary trading desks who have gigantic budgets for software development and system administration, is now available to anyone who has an internet connection and either a TradeStation or NinjaTrader license."

Could you tell us exactly what data that is? You know the stuff that was only accessible to hedge funds, quant shops & prop desks?

Also - could you tell us what your underlying infrastructure is?

"...sceeto Generates This Algorithmic Output By Crunching Massive Amounts Of Market Data In The ...sceeto Cloud."

I presume the Sceeto Cloud is co-located at the exchange and is quite a hefty set of servers considering the massive amounts of market data being.. errrr... crunched.

ok - so you are plugging their service, you are an affiliate but a click of your vendor badge takes you straight to their site, therefore bypassing any chance to get paid as an affiliate, right?

Basically, there is actually no way for you to get your affiliate percentage from this thread.

Very charitable of you.

As you seem to have a link straight into development, perhaps you could clarify something.

"Data that was once accessible only to hedge funds, quant shops and proprietary trading desks who have gigantic budgets for software development and system administration, is now available to anyone who has an internet connection and either a TradeStation or NinjaTrader license."

Could you tell us exactly what data that is? You know the stuff that was only accessible to hedge funds, quant shops & prop desks?

"...sceeto Generates This Algorithmic Output By Crunching Massive Amounts Of Market Data In The ...sceeto Cloud."

I presume the Sceeto Cloud is co-located at the exchange and is quite a hefty set of servers considering the massive amounts of market data being.. errrr... crunched.

I will happily ask Carl Weiss those questions and get back to you if and when he wants to answer .

And yes my main thing is I want to let people know how good the software is ..... i have my own blog for affiliate links but i'm doing ok out of the software signals themselves trading wise.

will try and get answers a.s.a.p
regards
Alex

Very charitable of you.

Hi,
I got a response from Carl and before anyone starts....don't shoot the messenger here !!!! and any further questions I'd say ask him you can email him through his site and check his credentials by googling him I am sure. I also don't want to get in the middle of any argument you may have with his views. I think personally what he has said is fair enough and I know the development has taken a lot of years and money to be fair....beyond that heres todays chart and Carls answer below ..... oh and ya...I am one of the fans of this great software..for once I'mmaking money . The software nailed it today !

"...sceeto is an outgrowth of the algorithms that I have written within within Algo Futures. The first order flow algorithms were written in December of 2003 when I was migrating my trading from SPY to ES and I found that my understanding of how to trade Time & Sales within SPY did not correlate to how to trade Time & Sales with ES.

To get to the bottom of the difference between these two markets I started writing some code to analyze ES time and sales data.

That was in 2003 and the journey has been continually evolving since then.

I have tried to use many 'off-the-shelf' packages to research market technicals but always found them lacking.

To quench my incessant curiosity I simply kept building software to look deeper and deeper into the tape.

Over the course of almost a decade, I have built an extensive library of order flow algorithms for many markets. What we can see in the tape, at least in my opinion, cannot be garnered by any off-the-shelf package.

Much of what is cool about our algos is that they not only monitor transactions, they go one step further by analyzing the data, and have enough evolved logic that our algorithms can harvest actionable information from this data.

This is where our secret sauce(s) come in.

As we have spent quite a bit of money and time building up our algos, we do not see any upside to us to publish 'how' they do what they do.

We feel that the data that we output (in real-time) speaks for itself.

If folks want to know exactly how we do what we do they have a few choices.
•They can get hired onto the development team at Renaissance Capital or Goldman Sachs.
•They can take a stab at writing and financing the development of this code themselves.
•They can try to steal other folks Intellectual Property (we have had attacks aimed at our Intellectual Property so I know that folks do in fact try to steal other people's labor).
•They can take the approach, which you have done, which is to start asking questions.
As a policy, we don't publish 'how' we do what we do as we do not see any upside to even starting a conversation along these lines.

If folks want to take our output for a test drive, they are welcome to a free-trial and determine for themselves whether it is valuable. I think that this is a pretty fair offer.

If people want our source code for free, well, then they aren't working to improve their trading, they are simply looking to take a short-cut at our expense.

If you think that there are other offerings available out there that come close to our offerings I would be curious to know what they are.

I know that there are offerings such as MarketDelta, and others, that offer visualizations of bid\ask data, but this is a far cry from offering real-time interrogation and analysis of this data.

It's one thing to say, 'hey all of these trades just happened'. It is quite another thing to say, 'Hey, you know what this means in terms of the immediate consequences of this particular temporary Supply & Demand imbalance?'.

Besides, most traders that I know, not only do not care how we do what we do, they don't want to get involved in all of the details that it takes to know how we know what we know. They just want to trade.

They do not want to be hampered with all of the technical tasks. They just want to know when there is a temporary Supply Imbalance that they can capitalize on.

I think that anyone with a browser knows how to find me. My posts, my calls, my algorithmic output, and musings are regularly published.

If you think that we are charlatans, there is nothing that I can do about that, nor do I have the inclination to turn you into a supporter, or fan, of us.

If you do not like our approach of publishing the insights that we harvest, then I am sorry that we have not fulfilled your expectations...but it ends there.

I, along with a lot of our fans, are going ape sh*t over the quality of data output that we provide.

I think that our approach is a sea change in trading. What we are doing today may be pedantic in 5 years. But for now, its pretty cool stuff.

Again, if you know of another vendor who is putting out stuff like ours, I would be curious to know who they are, and furthermore, I applaud them as I know firsthand just how difficult it is to build this extensive and mature a library of Order Flow Algorithms. I am sure that they, and I are kindred souls, and I am sure that we would get along.

I hope that this answers your questions...I am very happy to shed more light as it seems sensible.

All the best,
Carl Weiss "

end of message

Attachments

• 01-MAY-12.png
    01-MAY-12.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 160
Actually, that doesn't answer the question at all.

You claim to be utilising data that is only available to hedge funds, quants and prop shops. That's a lofty claim. I am asking what that data is.

I am also asking about your 'cloud' - where is it and what is the hardware infrastructure?

Actually, that doesn't answer the question at all.

You claim to be utilising data that is only available to hedge funds, quants and prop shops. That's a lofty claim. I am asking what that data is.

I am also asking about your 'cloud' - where is it and what is the hardware infrastructure?

You asked a question I emailed Carl as busy as he is and he answered it. No one said you'd have to like the answer!!! I'd suggest you email Carl directly then and see if he wants to bother with you or indulge you any further.
I find I have to repeat myself a lot on this forum so to be clear you have been to his website you can contact him by email himself I'd suggest you do that so if you are unhappy with what he wrote.

Personally I think the question was answered in the sense that it's probably none of your business,that is what he seemed to be saying from what he wrote.....
I don't think after spending millions on development he feels the need to tell you everything just because you want free info . Try asking any other software company exactly how they do something and just watch the answers you get ! The method of doing things sometimes needs to be kept to the developer themselves..... and I agree with Carls comments who cares as long as it does what it says.

I have watched the development of this over many years so yes he has spent huge amounts of time and resources over a decade at least to get it to where it is.
As regards lofty claims the proof is in the performance of the software plain and simple as that.
As I have stated and many people are happy with it and theres a free no obligation trial at the end of the day.

From messages I have gotten from people they are very happy with the results and signed up and again proof is being posted as many many people in this forum want it to be and are interested in seeing the performance before deciding to even try it even though you might not be and have made that clear.

I'm on this forum to show the results of the software in order to help some people that want it .

Alex, I would like to believe that the software can give us an edge,but so far it doesn't seem to offer anything above what other software does. I asked you to demonstrate by way of trades etc.Can the software be used with esignal so that I can try it out,thanks

Alex, I would like to believe that the software can give us an edge,but so far it doesn't seem to offer anything above what other software does. I asked you to demonstrate by way of trades etc.Can the software be used with esignal so that I can try it out,thanks

hi,
I only use in on ninja.. i know they definetly have tradestation but will find out later about esignal. Won't be for a while as I'm away from pc for a bit .
it would be great if it does as the input would be most welcomed.

Hi Lord Flasheart the answer I got was it's in the pipeline but no timeline yet as the majority of users were using Ninja and tradestation so they are concentrating on those and since they are developing the algos constantly and rolling out new ones thats where they are concentrating their efforts right now.

You wouldn't have to run a live trading account with Ninja you can just have a live data feed with the indicators would work. If you have confidence in the signals then you could always place them through your normal channels/ platform.... just a thought.

One main point about the software is it's live a lot of moves are caught either before they happen or exactly at the split second...it's worth watching . Thats why it's worth trying as everyone can see for themselves how useful it will be or not be to their own style of trading as obviously thats a factor always.

Also I'd say shoot them an email through their site to be alerted whenever they do a esignal version if you don't want to try the Ninja one.

Heres todays chart.

Attachments

• ES 02-MAY-12.png
    ES 02-MAY-12.png
    84 KB · Views: 153