The Free Thread

The pound is turning its direction. Healing slowly. Forming upside channel and the next stop would be 1.3200.

EUR/USD: Yesterday's rate hike wasn't a big surprise - it was almost fully calculated in the price of the pair. But, today's 2,3 German inflation is another thing - I wonder how would markets intrpret the data...

GBP/USD: The pair fell sharply as the dollar rose against all majors. The next level to look for is 1.3050.

The US dollar was up against the Japanese yen on Friday. By the close of US trading, USD/JPY was trading at 113.70, gaining 0.28%. I believe that support is now at 112.28, Monday's low, and resistance is likely at 113.70, the high of Friday's trading.

EUR/USD had a bearish momentum last week, making the bottom at 1.1569. The downward rally was triggered by the bearish pin bar at the daily EMA 200, formed on September 24, but stopped at the trendline. The outlook is descending to test 1.1530 in a near perspective. A clear breakthrough and daily closure below this zone could open the doors to 1.1430 before the target in the 1.1300 area this week. The first resistance is 1.1650, whose breakthrough may interrupt the bear phase. But the longer the couple stays below 1.1725, I prefer the bearish scenario.

GBP/USD continued the move down yesterday, making a bottom at 1.3011. The outlook remains bearish in the short term, but I recall the need for a clear break below the psychological level of 1.3000 for the restoration of the descending rally for the 1.2935 test. Immediate resistance is seen at 1.3090. A clear breakthrough over it may take the price to a neutral zone, but while it remains below 1.3175, I still prefer the bearish scenario at this stage. And any upward pressure should be considered as a good opportunity for short positions.

USD/JPY is approaching the strong level of 114.00. There is a big chance for downwards correction.

The US dollar fell against the Japanese yen on Friday. By the close of US trading, USD / JPY is trading at 113.72, losing 0.15%. I believe that support is now at around 113.51, Tuesday’s low, and resistance is likely at 114.56, high on Thursday.

GBP/USD: The pair is forming an interesting figure, for the start of the week.

GBP/USD: The Brexit talks and the renewed interest to the greenback pushed the pair below 1.3100.