Camarilla Equation + Calculator

Sorry peeps they are percentages added to each level I will edit post

In an upward trending market you add 0.3% to each in a downward trend you subtract 0.1% from each

Camarilla

Does the Camarilla equation actually work or not?? Ive been considering shelling out 99 quid for it.....And can I use it for swing trading?

John, if you click on the 'Discussion' tab at the top of the screen and then 'search for posts' and then enter 'camarilla' in the search string, you'll get all you need to know.

The short answer is, "NO" - don't shell out any money for Camarilla.

You can get it all for free and there are numerous offerings and approximations to it on these boards.

Camarilla is basically points of Support and Resistance.

camarilla equation and genesis

Hi - i normally trade ftse futures - anyone have any experience of either using the new genesis or camarilla ??
thanks

camarilla

delboy trotter said:
Anyone heard of or used the above calculator? Is it just a pivot calculator which produces similar results to many freely available on the net?

hi - i have jsut started using the camarilla equation a and b - good to compare notes? :LOL:
i usually trade futures ftse.
heard of genesis? heard a few good reports....

Dean,

Where are the good reports about Genesis? I haven't seen any from people using it yet.

camarilla

Bigbusiness said:
Dean,

Where are the good reports about Genesis? I haven't seen any from people using it yet.
ok then - rumours - what about camarilla - really would be grateful for some feedback - is the equation b good for even a beginner!1

My maiden post! The following formulae will replicate the Camarilla which is essentially a pivot based system with a little mathematical wiggle room.HL4=[(H-L)X1.1]DIVIDE BY 2 and add Close.HL3=[(H-L)X1.1]DIVIDE BY 4 and add Close.HL2=[(H-L)X1.1]DIVIDE BY 6 and add Close.HL1=[(H-L)X1.1]DIVIDE BY 12 and add Close.For the "lower" levels use the following:LL4=CLOSE-([H-L]X1.1DIVIDED BY 2).LL3 USES same formula but change divider to 4.LL2 change divider to 6.LL1 change divider to 12.Not exactly rocket science but some may find the idea of calculated s/r of interest.Best Regards to all:KARNAK.

I am astonished that there are people out there who still fall for the shiny track record that surefirething post on the camarilla website.

Every few months, a new thread surfaces here and on elite trader with people asking the same questions.

Are the cam levels similar to Floor Pivots? Yes. Are they just as arbitrary? Yes. Do they work? Not for me as I have not seen anything above the occassional support/resistance coincidence. Apart from the fact that the Cam website is trying to charge you $99 for something you can do in excel for free.

I posted the following info on ET, but I'll copy some of it here for anyone whos still looking longingly at all those profitable trades posted on the camarilla performance section - just in case anyone has failed to notice that they have NEVER posted a losing day, ever. Sounds too good to be true? it is:

They seem to operate similarly to some other services out there - the fine print tells you that they figure their P/L per trade on the largest favorable move from their signal. Example: A breakout occurs above their top resistance level and goes up 1 point before dropping 20 points the rest of the day. Result: Congratulations! You just made a one point profit! A monkey banging on a keyboard all day can have a near perfect trade record if that monkey is allowed to pick his exits in hindsight - which is what those monkeys at camarilla are trying to slip by you in their past performance reports.

I quizzed SureFireThing about how they work out their profits, and whether I or any trader could duplicate them exactly when trading realtime, heres what they said:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Profit Potential for any given day using the Camarilla Calculator (original version) is determined as the distance between the HL4 and the high for the maximum breakout upwards, plus the distance between the LL4 and the low for the maximum breakout downwards, plus, if appropriate, the distance between the HL3 / LL3 and the day's close for those traders trading within the 'chop zone'. While it is unlikely you will catch either the exact high or low of the day, often intraday trading gives several trades within the L3 zone, so in our opinion, any overstatement on breakouts is balanced by understatement of internal L3 trades. Points for the day are multiplied by $250 to represent a single S&P contract.
Different traders with different trading profiles will achieve results which are different to the profit portential.
Regards
SFT
Support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

camarilla

karnak said:
My maiden post! The following formulae will replicate the Camarilla which is essentially a pivot based system with a little mathematical wiggle room.HL4=[(H-L)X1.1]DIVIDE BY 2 and add Close.HL3=[(H-L)X1.1]DIVIDE BY 4 and add Close.HL2=[(H-L)X1.1]DIVIDE BY 6 and add Close.HL1=[(H-L)X1.1]DIVIDE BY 12 and add Close.For the "lower" levels use the following:LL4=CLOSE-([H-L]X1.1DIVIDED BY 2).LL3 USES same formula but change divider to 4.LL2 change divider to 6.LL1 change divider to 12.Not exactly rocket science but some may find the idea of calculated s/r of interest.Best Regards to all:KARNAK.

hi and welcome

isnt this for the original - i was looking at B- which does seem to gain results?

Is the B version not just a "stripped down" version of the original?Has anyone compared trades inspired by Camarilla with trades based on traditional pivot points?

Firstly hello to everyone, I'm not new to the board but this is my first post - I think.

I've been researching the camarilla formula for some time now and came across this formula which is supposed to work in Metastock. It doesn't in my version (9) but I have included it here in case anyone finds it useful.

I think it's only the way the formula is composed rather than the actual values, that are preventing it from working. So, if there are any metastock formula guru's out there, perhaps you could fix the problem :)

{---------------------------BEGIN---------------------}
Prd:=Input("Points From Nearest Pivot",.1,200,45);
D:=DayOfMonth()<>ValueWhen(2,1,DayOfMonth());
HighPd:=If(D OR Cum(1)=2,H,Max(H,PREV));
LowPd:=If(D OR Cum(1)=2,L,Min(L,PREV));
LastH:=ValueWhen(1,D,ValueWhen(2,1,HighPd));
LastL:=ValueWhen(1,D,ValueWhen(2,1,LowPd));
LastC:=ValueWhen(1,D,ValueWhen(2,1,C));
Pivot:=(LastH+LastL+LastC)/3;
R1:=((LastH/LastL))*LastC;
S1:=LastC-(R1-LastC);
R2:=(((LastH/LastL)+0.83)/1.83)*LastC;
S2:=LastC-(R2-LastC);
R3:=(((LastH/LastL)+2.66)/3.66)*LastC;
S3:=LastC-(R3-LastC);
If(R3-HHV(H,30)0,R3)ValueWhen(1,Pivot>0,Pivot));
If(R2-HHV(H,30)0,R2)ValueWhen(1,Pivot>0,Pivot));
If(R1-HHV(H,30)0,R1)ValueWhen(1,Pivot>0,Pivot));
ValueWhen(1,Pivot>0,Pivot);
If(LLV(L,30)-S10,S1)ValueWhen(1,Pivot>0,Pivot));
If(LLV(L,30)-S20,S2)ValueWhen(1,Pivot>0,Pivot));
If(LLV(L,30)-S30,S3)ValueWhen(1,Pivot>0,Pivot));
{--------------------------END---------------------}

Hope this is useful.

Dear friends,
I have a formula which I found really works well. I trade from India. If anyone is interested, can mail me, mentioning the stock for which the levels are required. I can mail back the levels. I take pleasure in sharing what I know. So, I don't charge anything for this. My mail ID is [email protected]

happy trading
ajaykumar

Why do you not just mail the formula to this board and save yourself a lot of trouble?

I would be interested as as far as I am concerned these Camarilla Equations are a load of b*ll*cks.

dear twalker,
first let me have the feel of positive response from the forum. I will continue to be a member here and we all collectively learn and advance our knowledge.
thanks
ajaykumar

More pivot points

Here is another pivot point calculator with a couple of extras it is free. here is the link.
http://www.pivotpoints.co.uk/
:| sorry about all the google crap on the page, but the calculator seems to have some merit.

Last edited:
traderjuk said:
Does the Camarilla equation actually work or not?? Ive been considering shelling out 99 quid for it.....And can I use it for swing trading?

I've used it for two day now, and it's working.