The Final Holy Grail Journal Discussion Thread

Re: The final Holy Grail!

How did I miss out the 'p' from numpty.

"I'd like a P, Bob" (as in Holness)

or the other favourite

"I'd like a continent, Carol"

spanish = "The Man With No Stops"
Someone who used to post here who was very confident he had found the holy grail.
He failed.

The usual form of advertising a wildly successful system is by pointing out the very high accuracy rate.

I still struggle to see what accuracy rate has to do with it. Now, if the ad said something like "Positive expectancy with statistically meaningful frequency of trade signals" I might take more notice.. but that's not very snappy is it?

Talking of numpties, I came across this snow bound lodge deep in the Rockies a couple of years ago whilst on an Atlantic to Pacific trip across Canada.

Attachments

• DSCN0239.JPG
    DSCN0239.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 140

in post #15 you claim you used "spanish stops"

now WE all know what that means....WHAT did YOU mean by that statement ?

When you give yourself the permission to criticize or judge other's journal or other's work, you have to be at least at the same level, otherwise, your judgment has no value.

Let's see...you sound like ODT there...

Who told you that I came yesterday, i'm subscribed here since Dec 2006, you Dec 2007

I'm a trader since 2005 and experience of 5 years and you're comparing yourself with me

The day you make 10% of what I'm making, then come here and start talking.

... and you sound like THE EXPERT here...

Peter

I think everyone should give medbs a break. Even if you think what he is doing is complete horsesh*t and he is destined to blow his account, there is no point trying to protect him or newbies reading his thread. The most powerful lesson is that which is learnt through doing not by being told.

Even the great Jesse Livermore recognised this:

"Nobody offered to point out the essential differences or set me right. If somebody had told me my method would not work I nevertheless would have tried it out to make sure for myself, for when I am wrong only one thing convinces me of it, and that is, to lose money. And I am only right when I make money. That is speculating."

With that in mind, medbs is so far, emphatically right.

He will remain right until he goes bankrupt and then he will be wrong.

What is more important is what happens when and if that occurs. For the true sucker does the same thing all the time and expects a different outcome. So medbs may blow his account using no stop and fighting a trend and then put this down to an outlier and be doomed to repeat the exercise hoping for a different outcome.

How fast you get ahead in this game is down to one thing: how quickly you learn from your mistakes. But for Gods sake, let's let him get on with learning.

Tom

Damn, didn't realise ODT had been banned. ODT if you're reading it's probably for the best that you move on...TBH I was surprised (after your last ban) that you swallowed your pride/dignity and came back, you obviously *needed* T2W as an outlet/touching stone whilst trading, but honestly some folk are just not suited to posting on forums and I'd put you in that category. You weren't; malicious, a bully, a troll...you were just a bit...well....odd...very odd at times...

Just wanted to add something else if I may, nothing wrong with a good toe to toe stand up on a one to one basis, but please lads let's not flock to the scene of a ruck and put the boot in whilst someone is getting battered eh? It's the kind of 5hit house behaviour you see on footy forums, we're better than that eh?... ;)

Yes, just look how much better 'we' are...:rolleyes:

Yes, just look how much better 'we' are...:rolleyes:

you may have missed this post;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91138-market-direction-47.html

LOl, I've been here long enough to recognise the main reactions when folk post up records like that; generally it follows the accepted 5 stages of grief according to Kubler-Ross:

denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance... we could add a sixth in the mix for traders, jealousy, but that's covered with denial and anger...

I could hear the bacon butties being dropped all over the WWW this morning when folk read the holy grail thread starter post up his last ten days trading record...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How fast you get ahead in this game is down to one thing: how quickly you learn from your mistakes. But for Gods sake, let's let him get on with learning.
Precious little evidence that I can see that medbs is interested in learning anything. Indeed, why would he be? After all, he's found the Holy Grail with a 100% winning strategy. By definition, he clearly thinks there's nothing more for him to learn - about trading at any rate. As for life, netiquette and showing a modicum of courtesy and respect to long standing and well respected members of a community he's only just joined, that's a very different story. On that front, clearly he's got a great deal to learn.
;)

Is he trying to sell something? Or just amaze us with his brilliance?

I just don't understand his motivation for posting, other than to fulfill some need of the ego??

I just don't understand his motivation for posting, other than to fulfill some need of the ego??

So far, no one single negative trade. :)

Probably going to sell something or it's just ego related.

Let's wait and see.

100 pct success rate .... well I've always maintained that success rate isn't that important, but expectancy is. HOWEVER if you're 100 pct right then expectancy doesn't matter.

I'd be interested in purchasing his system, is it for sale?

No, it's not for sale.