The fate of a trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to work on longer time frames, to lesson screen times, she still complains.

what is she complaining about exactly? that you have an interest outside of your relationship with her?

I work full time, any suggestions, or tips on this balancing act?

carry on trading on the longer time frames, but unfortunately every person on this earth only has 24hrs each day to work with, get rid of other responsibilities which carry less importance to you to free up time to do other things with your wife and child.

By the way she is first the first to complain if we do not have enough money to do something. What am I trying to do, I am trying to find a way of generating xtra income for her and our son.

that is admirable, women are just emotionaly driven creatures that will say whatever feels right at the time, ask her if she has any suggestions as to what you both can do about it, unless she has something you can both work with, tell her you are on the case and working towards something. you have already thought about this and you are working towards making it happen.

Do you find yourself in a similar situation, how is this situation affecting you?

thank god no, i am not willing to bring anyone into my life until I am willing to share my awesomness with her, selfish i know, but what is more selfish commiting to a relationship that i am not 100% commited to or what?. anyone coming into my life knows, that for now and the foreseable future, i trade, it is what i do, it is a passion of mine and it can be time consuming, make her understand, get her involved, even better teach her what you are doing.

I felt like she was about to to go down the of route of its trading or me.

ultimatums and relationships dont work, unless you can see that it is an area of your life she is right about and that you want to change as well.

my responses are highlighted.

Wow, it seems a very mixed bag of emotion out there in the trading world, I have being trading "full time", or put differently as my only source on income for over a decade now, I do feel ( and I have tried on numerous occasions) to get away from all the BB's I visit, why, because on reflection I do not think they offer a clear vision on the way to behave / perform as a trader.

I find trading does not have to be difficult, it really is the trader who makes life difficult for themselves, together with forums on sites like these, with so many opinions freely available, contradictions on opinions and system etc etc.

I have always being transparent and open on my trading with my wife, its my job, I go to work (home office) at 5:30 in the morning and am generally finished trading for the day by 11:30, rarely, do I trade beyond 12:00, if anything, I will use that time to visit these types of sites if I wish or perhaps go and do something more interesting completely away from trading, its about getting that work/home/life balance correct and should not be difficult. She is very understanding of this and we share the rewards accordingly.

I look upon trading as a means to end, its a job, nothing else, its pays handsomely and I'm not bought by the greed some appear to have, or the need to work endlessly at the expense at the more important things in my life, my wife, kids and my own life away from from job.

If you have got your trading right, you don't need people to tell you, praise you, nor do you need to come on forums to tell all of your success, if you have got it right, you can do you job, turn off your computer , walk away and go and enjoy life, if want to be here or other sites, trading all day and most of the night, I'd maybe question whether you have got it right in the first place.

Just find a market or markets your happy with to fit your own limited time, if your working full time and your trading part time, I assume your working through the day, then maybe, select the FX markets, and I disagree with an earlier poster, cant remember who said it, to keep away from the GBP/USD or trade using less than the hour charts. For me I trade using nothing more than the 10 min chart, whilst its nice to know how the daily, 4 hr, and 1 hr are doing, as a short term trader, there are (to me anyway) irrelevant. Today, the GBP/USD off the 10 min chart delivered 4 clear cut trades (easy set ups, without any stress) each giving +25 today, trades were long and short, had I used the higher charts for direction I would not have got those point, the point is don't make it complicated or over elaborated, or take anybody's opinions to heart (including me), make your decisions:-

a) The hours you can (want) to trade
b) The market you want to trade
c) The points you want to gain

go away, do it, and then close down for the day and enjoy your time away from trading

Wow, it seems a very mixed bag of emotion out there in the trading world, I have being trading "full time", or put differently as my only source on income for over a decade now, I do feel ( and I have tried on numerous occasions) to get away from all the BB's I visit, why, because on reflection I do not think they offer a clear vision on the way to behave / perform as a trader.

I find trading does not have to be difficult, it really is the trader who makes life difficult for themselves, together with forums on sites like these, with so many opinions freely available, contradictions on opinions and system etc etc.

I have always being transparent and open on my trading with my wife, its my job, I go to work (home office) at 5:30 in the morning and am generally finished trading for the day by 11:30, rarely, do I trade beyond 12:00, if anything, I will use that time to visit these types of sites if I wish or perhaps go and do something more interesting completely away from trading, its about getting that work/home/life balance correct and should not be difficult. She is very understanding of this and we share the rewards accordingly.

I look upon trading as a means to end, its a job, nothing else, its pays handsomely and I'm not bought by the greed some appear to have, or the need to work endlessly at the expense at the more important things in my life, my wife, kids and my own life away from from job.

If you have got your trading right, you don't need people to tell you, praise you, nor do you need to come on forums to tell all of your success, if you have got it right, you can do you job, turn off your computer , walk away and go and enjoy life, if want to be here or other sites, trading all day and most of the night, I'd maybe question whether you have got it right in the first place.

Just find a market or markets your happy with to fit your own limited time, if your working full time and your trading part time, I assume your working through the day, then maybe, select the FX markets, and I disagree with an earlier poster, cant remember who said it, to keep away from the GBP/USD or trade using less than the hour charts. For me I trade using nothing more than the 10 min chart, whilst its nice to know how the daily, 4 hr, and 1 hr are doing, as a short term trader, there are (to me anyway) irrelevant. Today, the GBP/USD off the 10 min chart delivered 4 clear cut trades (easy set ups, without any stress) each giving +25 today, trades were long and short, had I used the higher charts for direction I would not have got those point, the point is don't make it complicated or over elaborated, or take anybody's opinions to heart (including me), make your decisions:-

a) The hours you can (want) to trade
b) The market you want to trade
c) The points you want to gain

go away, do it, and then close down for the day and enjoy your time away from trading
"my only source on income for over a decade now,

For me I trade using nothing more than the 10 min chart, whilst its nice to know how the daily, 4 hr, and 1 hr are doing, as a short term trader, there are (to me anyway) irrelevant"

You may fool the wife, but we know your a liar!

For me I trade using nothing more than the 10 min chart, whilst its nice to know how the daily, 4 hr, and 1 hr are doing, as a short term trader, there are (to me anyway) irrelevant"

Why is he a liar?

Is it because he doesn't use a millio indicators of because he doesn't trade with a 200pt stoploss?

Why is he a liar?

Is it because he doesn't use a millio indicators of because he doesn't trade with a 200pt stoploss?
Because it's impossible to trade of a 10min chart only, that's why. Spread alone would take you out and if it was really possible, there would be 10s of thousands of traders doing it and that would then drown out the strategy.

Impossible, you will never see a trader making gains of a 10min chart. I dare anyone including Dino to prove me wrong.

Try this one, guy made $1.6m last year tradin off short term TF and he's been trading for years.

Don Miller Trading Journal

Just becasue you're choosing your entry from 10 min blocks doesn't mean your not looking at the bier picture.

Try this one, guy made $1.6m last year tradin off short term TF and he's been trading for years.

Don Miller Trading Journal

Just becasue you're choosing your entry from 10 min blocks doesn't mean your not looking at the bier picture.
Are you dumb enough to believe a blog that can be edited everyday or reality?

There's a 180k traders on this site, yet not one of them can make money using the same techniques or analysis.

Impossibe, if it was, we would see it playing out every day on here.

In his own blog he states he had a horrible year '07, but he's killing it now?

Are you dumb enough to believe a blog that can be edited everyday or reality?

There's a 180k traders on this site, yet not one of them can make money using the same techniques or analysis.

Impossibe, if it was, we would see it playing out every day on here.

In his own blog he states he had a horrible year '07, but he's killing it now?
Come on, your going to tell me this guy lost hard last year, then proceeded to make 1.6 mln?

Total BS, I don't have time for this crap.

Because it's impossible to trade of a 10min chart only, that's why. Spread alone would take you out and if it was really possible, there would be 10s of thousands of traders doing it and that would then drown out the strategy.

Impossible, you will never see a trader making gains of a 10min chart. I dare anyone including Dino to prove me wrong.
umm.. aren't 10s of thousands of traders working off the hour and daily charts? Why is that not drowning out their strategy? Your argument is plain stupid.

To add to my post, I do agree with you that the probability of success is greater on the longer timeframes if only because S+R is stronger due to the fact that this is what the big boys watch..but to say that it's quote "impossible" to trade off short time frames is just incorrect.

Not a happy chappy.. LIAR!!, I think not

I take extreme offence at being called a liar, I don't have to prove anything to you, perhaps your a tadge jealous as you do not have the trading ability to trade the 10 min chart, and your way of admitting your failings is to try and berate others who can, (for the record, I have being in quite a few skype trading rooms and posted hundreds of live calls, with traders from T2W), thats why I have survived in this game so long, I'm successful. I have nothong to prove to anybody but me, whats the problem, can't you trade the 10 chart, or even read a chart, clealry you can't, to come on here accuse somebody of being a liar, you make a mockery and a fool of yourself.

I won't fall into the trap and post a copy of my chart set up for you replicate and actually make some money from trading, but I will post the times of the trades, you can them go away, syudy them (and maybe learn something), and eat humble pie and then come back and apologise for the inapproariate allegation, although I doubt you will have the bottle to pubically admit you were wrong.

Trade 1 7:00 am, open price 1.6475, max stop required 15 pips beyond the candle open (actual drawback) (0), low of the candle 1.6443. A VALID TRADE, LIMIT OF +25 MADE.

Trade 2 8:00 am, open price 1.6450, max stop required 15 pips beyond the candle open price (actual drawback) (-9), A VALIOD TRADE, LIMIT OF + 25 made

Trade 3 9:30am, open price 1.6500, max stop required 15 pips beyonf the candle open, (actual drawback) (0), Again, LIMIT OF +25 PIPS made

Trade 4 10:40 am, open price 1.6483, max stop required 15 pips beyond candle open (actual drawback) (0).

So unless I can add up, none of the trades were lost in the spread, very simple trading set up, but obviously you probably find trading hard, to criticise. Perhaps you want me to get those fellow traders in my skype room to confirm the live trades were posted and what I put above was a true and accurate reflection on my trades from yesterday, but to be honest, I cannot be arsed with idiots like you who come on sites likes and offer no constructiver advice but appear happy to try and belittle others.

Now you have the trade times posted here, perhaps you would like to explain to me and every body here, how the trading the 10 min chart alone is not possible, when the evidence (trades posted) tells you otherwise, I await in anticipation for you apology.

Last edited:
Its not rocket science, and just because "the big boys" work off S&R, doen't mean thats the holy grail way of trading, there are many ways to skin a cat so to speak, you just need to know how to intrepret whats in front of you.

Ah-ha! I get it now...you mean you make money off 3-5 minute charts...or one minute?? :p

Ah-ha! I get it now...you mean you make money off 3-5 minute charts...or one minute?? :p
I make money off your mom!

Jokes aside, I make money off traders foolish enough to attempt to scalp FX off time frames.

Dino says he's using 15 pip stops, using 15 pips stops with a 5 pip spread would put you out -33% before the trade even moved.

One would almost have to have 100% win probability just to cover that.

So there, I win :p

Attachments

• edgerisk.gif
    edgerisk.gif
    39.3 KB · Views: 319
  • spreadrisk.gif
    spreadrisk.gif
    52.2 KB · Views: 329
Check out the trades posted, each trade was buying into a new confirmed short term trend trade, -15 set as a disaster stop, I dont enter a trade on the hope it will be good, but trades are taken on an informed basis in a newly established trend, v easy to do if you get it right, not often does the -15 stop get hit,. the company I use do not use a spread of 5, to big imho.

Your quote suggests I would be put out, why then wasn't I, and why did the trades cash in, pissed on your fire there then, still waiting to hear your responce, I assume you have looked at the trades on a chart clear as day the move was there (if you can see it), please explain to us all without the use of your excel spreadsheets why the trades I posted came in and why you feel the need to barate

Waiting, but not expecting a reponse

Last edited:
if it was really possible, there would be 10s of thousands of traders doing it and that would then drown out the strategy.

Suppose then 10's of thousands are trading S&R and FIB lines, the favoured method, suppose that drowns their stategy doesn't it.

I don't need to prove myself to you, think the trades I posted did that, can't be arsed to prove this anymore, you have your opnions, I have my facts and rewards for a system, that has enabled me to survive in this business for many years.

Off to earn some pips of the 10 min charts only, hehe

I make money off your mom!

Jokes aside, I make money off traders foolish enough to attempt to scalp FX off time frames.

Dino says he's using 15 pip stops, using 15 pips stops with a 5 pip spread would put you out -33% before the trade even moved.

One would almost have to have 100% win probability just to cover that.

So there, I win :p

I find your sample data (on the attachments you provided) and its interpretation highly suspect...

Status
Not open for further replies.