The drugs problem

the problem with the hospital visits are due to people consuming edibles and too much of it. They have admitted lessons learned and used to do things like sell a bar when the people should only be eating a small block. The problem is made worse by the effects of edibles taking longer. So they would eat a muffin, not feel anything, eat another 2 or more and end up in hospital. What needs to happen and is underway is selling edibles packaged as a single dose instead of a slab that contains several doses. Sorry to lash out at you split, you caught me on the wrong side of bed this morning.

here is an informed video with a DR talking about it @Split can i suggest you set aside 13 minutes to watch it

Last edited:
here is an informed video with a DR talking about it @Split can i suggest you set aside 13 minutes to watch it

I'll read it to-morrow, on a better computer.

My impression, though, is that those who use drugs, or are toying with the idea of trying it, want it legalised.

Those that have no time for it don't want it legalised.

Both sides will seek to justify their arguments with media reports.

However, my opinion is that society is getting more and more permissive, as time goes by, and I don't see much attraction in it, to tell the truth.

In that second article that I posted, where kids are poisoning themselves, the stuff must be lying around the house for them to do that, so it doesn't matter whether they are eating it, or not. They think that they are sweets. You may say that it is an accident but I say that it is the case of an adult drug taker who is a parent, too.

I wonder how many times they go home and find their parents stoned? As if things aren't bad enough, already.

I'll read it to-morrow, on a better computer.

My impression, though, is that those who use drugs, or are toying with the idea of trying it, want it legalised.

Those that have no time for it don't want it legalised.

Both sides will seek to justify their arguments with media reports.

However, my opinion is that society is getting more and more permissive, as time goes by, and I don't see much attraction in it, to tell the truth.

In that second article that I posted, where kids are poisoning themselves, the stuff must be lying around the house for them to do that, so it doesn't matter whether they are eating it, or not. They think that they are sweets. You may say that it is an accident but I say that it is the case of an adult drug taker who is a parent, too.

I wonder how many times they go home and find their parents stoned? As if things aren't bad enough, already.
I'm not talking about drugs in general, I'm referring specifically to cannabis. If your concern are kids then here is something for you to chew on. One of the biggest surprises in legalised States is that usage amongst the population didn't increase and specifically referencing kids through programmes across schools and universities. They were expecting increased use and it has shown not to be the case.

There appears to be no mention of alcohol in this thread. Has anyone yet explained why marijuana is so awful but alcohol is perfectly okay?

There appears to be no mention of alcohol in this thread. Has anyone yet explained why marijuana is so awful but alcohol is perfectly okay?

Because Jesus turned water into wine - part of our culture for 2000 years. Mohammed didn't so it Haram

Some people feel superior because they don't smoke or booze etc. That's ok. It's when they start telling others what they should do the -problems start.

I touched on it in a different thread re alzheimers.

The bottom line is...it's all bad for you and even worse for those in society who have to deal with everyones anti-social issues, not to mention family members who have to pick up the pieces.

There's nothing big and clever about drugs and alcohol.

I touched on it in a different thread re alzheimers.

The bottom line is...it's all bad for you and even worse for those in society who have to deal with everyones anti-social issues, not to mention family members who have to pick up the pieces.

There's nothing big and clever about drugs and alcohol.

What percentage of your prison population is there solely due to drug convictions?

Attachments

• US-prison-population.PNG
    US-prison-population.PNG
    53 KB · Views: 243
I asked because it makes no sense to many Americans to incarcerate so many people for drug offenses when those who abuse alcohol get off with what amounts to a slap on the wrist. Whatever one thinks of pot, how are the prejudices justified when those same prejudices aren't applied to alcohol?