The best system for the Dow and not an indicator in site.

steel12358

Hi
I have a system on the Dow that I would like to put out they’re for some traders to scrutinize. It is based on mathematics to project future turn dates. It generally takes about 400-500 points net out of the Dow each month.

If you would be interested in me supplying the dates and times and you giving me your opinion please reply.

Regards Steel

:confused:
Do you intend to post something for scrutiny on this thread or are we supposed to give you dates and times in the future and you tell us where price will likely be ?

cheers

cv

Hi
I have a system on the Dow that I would like to put out they’re for some traders to scrutinize. It is based on mathematics to project future turn dates. It generally takes about 400-500 points net out of the Dow each month.

If you would be interested in me supplying the dates and times and you giving me your opinion please reply.

Regards Steel

it may be simpler if you showed your projections for next 30 days or so, NOW, so we can see if you're any good.
intersting idea, turn-dates, and ultimately, the interest will be in the concept behind it rather than as a signal-service.

good luck with it.

Hi

These are the rules for this system,

1 If the daily bar is negative before the trade time I will go long, If it is positive I will go short

There is only 1 exception to this rule, and that is when the open and the close of that bar are closer than 50 points, but I don’t see these too offend.

2 These turns work on average about 70% of the time taken over a year

3 These are 1,2 & 3 day trades

4 100 point stop

5 Money management is required as in all systems, but we will just be looking at the turns for the moment.

6 All dates & times will be in New York time.

I will post the coming dates and times in my next reply.

This is not trading advice it is for research only.

Regards Steel

Hi

These are the rules for this system,

1 If the daily bar is negative before the trade time I will go long, If it is positive I will go short

There is only 1 exception to this rule, and that is when the open and the close of that bar are closer than 50 points, but I don’t see these too offend.

2 These turns work on average about 70% of the time taken over a year

3 These are 1,2 & 3 day trades

4 100 point stop

5 Money management is required as in all systems, but we will just be looking at the turns for the moment.

6 All dates & times will be in New York time.

I will post the coming dates and times in my next reply.

This is not trading advice it is for research only.

Regards Steel

in dont understand how this would have worked over the past week, can you illustrate on a graph. id never employ a 100 point stop.

in dont understand how this would have worked over the past week, can you illustrate on a graph. id never employ a 100 point stop.

Hi Francis

I have attached a chart for you with the last 3 trades on it :D

Regards steel

Attachments

• Dow example.jpg
    Dow example.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 528
DATES & Times

Hi

These are the dates and times for the next month, All in NEW YORK USA Time

31/01/09 3.46am

04/02/09 22.32pm

11/02/09 13.02pm

17/02/09 3.24am

25/02/09 16.09pm

01/03/09 17.00pm

Happy to answer questions that you may have. :)

This is not trading advice for education only

Regards Steel

So on Jan 31st at 3.46am you expect the Dow to turn? And if the Jan 31st daily bar is negative you go long and if positive you go short? Are you entering your trade at that time, or waiting til market open?

To be honest, I have no idea how you work out the dates and times, and even if you explained it to me, I probably wouldn't get it. But I shall be watching with interest to see if they work out.

Oh, and what is your exit strategy? 1-3 days seems a bit vague.

So on Jan 31st at 3.46am you expect the Dow to turn? And if the Jan 31st daily bar is negative you go long and if positive you go short? Are you entering your trade at that time, or waiting til market open?

To be honest, I have no idea how you work out the dates and times, and even if you explained it to me, I probably wouldn't get it. But I shall be watching with interest to see if they work out.

Oh, and what is your exit strategy? 1-3 days seems a bit vague.

Hi pokerBrat

The 31st at 3.46am is this Saturday so i will be looking at Fridays session to see which direction that I will go Monday at open, So yes if friday is positive i will be looking to got short.

1- 3 days is not an exit strategy, It is just the time that i'm in most trades.

My exit depends on how far the next date is away from my last entry as to how long I will stay in the trade and how fast it moves. After the first session my stop is moved up to entry.

Feel free to ask any more questions that you my have.:D

Regards Steel

Hi All
My first date has come in on saturday, So on monday I would be looking to go long as we had a negtive session on Friday. I will post my entry and stop price Monday. And we can see how it plays out from there.

Regards Steel

apart from a possible breif rally from short covering the dow is going no where but down

apart from a possible breif rally from short covering the dow is going no where but down

LOL, good post.

Genics is right, what kind of BS is this?!

I hate to break it to you, but the Dow is going down from here.

This is going to be interesting - however he didn't say that 400-500 points per month was either positive or negative!

Have to concur with TD and co. I think this could be a spectacular failure from trade 1

Hi

These are the dates and times for the next month, All in NEW YORK USA Time

31/01/09 3.46am

04/02/09 22.32pm

11/02/09 13.02pm

17/02/09 3.24am

25/02/09 16.09pm

01/03/09 17.00pm

Happy to answer questions that you may have. :)

Regards Steel

Are you using Gann, Elliot, Astrophysics, Bible Cycles, the movements of Jupiter, Holography or the Astro-Harmonic Nature of Retrograde Motion by any chance?

Another question.

What fool would risk real money on the above 'trade signals' when you have no track record and no verifiable method?

A large and slightly amusing conceit on the part of the poster perhaps.:)

LOL, good post.

Genics is right, what kind of BS is this?!

I hate to break it to you, but the Dow is going down from here.

Yes it is BS of unmeasurable size and stench.

Yet your compelling certainty urges my contrarian side to offer a small wager.

Death and taxes....:D

Yes it is BS of unmeasurable size and stench.

Yet your compelling certainty urges my contrarian side to offer a small wager.

Death and taxes....:D

There is only one thing more certain than death and taxes...

And that's that when I put my a*se on the line and call the market direction beyond all shadow of a doubt...

It will go the other way!

LOL

But no, seriously, all jokes aside now, perhaps Monday we will get a bounce at this support. I (and no one else for that matter) can predict the future. But I do feel wholeheartedly that we are going down in the Dow - at least to attempt to test that 7436 bottom and unlike some that merely call it, I am willing to put a decent amount of money on the line (for me).

So here's hoping ;)

Trade

Hi All

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :D

I believe that the Dow does have further to go down, BUT for today I will be long at 7973 with a 100 point stop.

In the end I may get stoped today but I will be trading everyone of these dates for the month of Febuary and we will see if the results are good or not.:)

Regards Steel

Results of first trade

Hi

The first date has past and I was stoped at 100 points. I will keep a running total as we go.

Looking to the next date on the 4/2/09 :)

Regards Steel