The best system for the Dow and not an indicator in site.

Will you go long or short on 4/2 ?

Hi Hoggums,

It depends what the market does on the 4/2 as the time of the trade is after the phsical 22.32pm to be exact. If it is positive I will be short, If negitive I will be long.

Regards Steel :)

I can't really get my head around this, it would seem that you could toss a coin and get the same result. Which could still be a profitable system as long as you used correct money management and had a good system for exiting your trades. After all, entry is only a small part of any trade.

Seems that you missed a profitable trade this week, as the Dow did bounce up to 8160. So your long position could have turned profitable if you had a bigger stop loss. But how do you calculate a stop loss based on yor system? 100 points just seems arbitrary.

I can't really get my head around this, it would seem that you could toss a coin and get the same result. Which could still be a profitable system as long as you used correct money management and had a good system for exiting your trades. After all, entry is only a small part of any trade.

Seems that you missed a profitable trade this week, as the Dow did bounce up to 8160. So your long position could have turned profitable if you had a bigger stop loss. But how do you calculate a stop loss based on yor system? 100 points just seems arbitrary.

Hi PokerBrat
I think if you toss a coin over a long period you should get 50/50 in theory and then there is the direction and what day do you trade or just trade every day. With all the testing that I have done 70% over time is the results that I'm seeing for a change in direction.
I used a 120point stop when I started and that worked when the market was at 14000-11000, I believed 100 points would be OK with the market at 8000 but may have to reconsider, as i was stopped last night before the move up.

Regards Steel:)

Hi

The second date has past and I got the direction correct but was stoped at 100 points. So as we go forward 200 points down at the moment.

Looking to the next date on the 11/2/09

Regards Steel

Next Date

Hi
We have my next date coming up on the 11/02/09 at 13.00 this can cause a spike reversal as it is in the middle of the session. So I will advise direction as we go.

The last date was successful in the direction but I was stoped by about 10 points. No fun in that.

Regards Steel

:confused: Not looking good at the moment DJI futures are making new lows since Nov.

So I guess you were stopped out again before the market rallied +200 pts to 7930?

You might wish to take a look at the Dow 2009 thread. People there are picking up 100s of points a day riding the current volatility between support and resistance levels.

I don't think your system is doing you any favours at the moment.

Hi

These are the dates and times for the next month, All in NEW YORK USA Time

31/01/09 3.46am

04/02/09 22.32pm

11/02/09 13.02pm

17/02/09 3.24am

25/02/09 16.09pm

01/03/09 17.00pm

Happy to answer questions that you may have. :)

This is not trading advice for education only

Regards Steel

is this thread still running?

400 points

DOH! -400 points here we come.....

Hi Hoggums,

Someone said it is impossible to tell the furture in an earlier post on this thread,
well you have done it. :clap:
We are 400 points down and I think you were about 2 hours ahead of time in you forecast.

Steel

I actually think your long is correct today - however I believe this is just a technical bounce which will falter around 7700.

The DJI transportation index is looking very bearish and this is often a leading indicator.