Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

thanks Andy for the work you've done.
i am a pretty washed up trader(prev. using cci/rsi divergences to pick tops and bottoms and using multiple timeframes to confirm). and the simplicity of this has helped, as i implimented it on friday on the eurusd(;) i guess beginners luck too.
i'm new to this system but i guess having your 3 ducks as the definitive base has helped very much. in my opinion, better than cci/rsi/macd divergences. not even gonna bother with discussing %k.

erm i've nothing to share yet except i've read your work and about 70% of the 200 pages and try to extract as much free stuff from your blog ;) because you are definitely a very generous soul and for that a very big thank you.

(compared to what's out there on the web, the forecasting software/charts, the trading rooms, the proprietary AI indicators, FRS cycle analysis, Fib trading, live tips, candlesticks pattern recognition, astro-trading, various EMA crossovers and etc.)

i hope to do your system justice in the new year. :)

keep it up Andy. :)

oh yes. and the fact it's around this long is proof enough.

i think alot of people who ask questions here - this is like their first or second stop to the wild big world of trading. i guess its best they go through the 40 years in the desert first to appreciate what's going on here. go through the emotional rollercoaster, revenge/vengence trading, doubling down, shorting an up market, picking a bottom but its the beginning of the next leg down, picking a top before its the beginning of the next leg up, getting stopped out and seeing it reverse, widening your stop only to keep widening it until the account goes bust, trading when you're tired sleepy or just woke up and getting owned, paying over the top for a new system new subscription but getting nothing better. watching countless training videos of other products. returning them because they didn't fulfill the proper function.

3 ducks it will not "massage" your trading ego.(compared to hooplah of the techniques i've listed above). but i guess for me...being washed up.(multiple busts) you could say this is also my last stop. before i change careers. i've run dry my bank account and am in quite mouth deep water in cc debt.

in fact i had prepared and sent out the resumes and prepared to go back to a middle office job then i had a last swing with the 3 ducks.

like i said first day. beginners luck. eurusd was flowing well too(which is not a daily thing i can tell you).

erm sorry for being so long winded and abit emotional. but in short i just wanted to say thank you Andy.

this stay of execution delays my wide embrace of a middle office job.

hey mate

I agree - the 3 ducks is a superb and simple system that stands the test of time (y)

with respect - it sounds like you are in debt..... so personally from the mindset front you are currently programmed to lose even if the holy grail appeared on your doorstep :cool:

trade Andys system on a paper account whilst in parrallel you work your way back into solvency

dont start trading until you can afford to lose it ..however long it takes
sorry but seen to many situations like this to be kind......its one way traffic south

good luck - you will be sucessful in the end when the time is right
NVP

thanks mate for the concern. i do know however that technically in my mind i'm already a statistic(hence the resumes sent out already). and i am numb to the debt actually.

meanwhile on a saturday night i'm still researching andy's inputs on the charts, it's always purest at the source. he does cover a mighty amount of pairs!

well i will post results if it becomes good. if not then this will be my last post as a statistic. ;)

and anyway i posted just to thank Andy. so don't PM me or try to sell me stuff or anything etc. i won't respond.

nicoacademia pls check your msg-es...no sells, just seeking advice, brother in arms :)

i've recognised myself in your post totally...

I too will be demoing this system for a few months. I need a system to trade that has no discretionary element. this seems simple enough

I too will be demoing this system for a few months. I need a system to trade that has no discretionary element. this seems simple enough

eh, this has a load of descretionary about it. If you want a simple method with an exact entry point then you need to look at something like the big dog strategy or a london breakout

Hi,

Ive automated this for ninjatrader however after testing from 1998 - 2010 it ends up been a loser!

Now no doubt i probably have 1 / 2 bugs to iron out and that could be causing the issue with it been a losing strategy however im not so sure.

For instance im using rollover periods daily etc but it seems to be more useful during london opening.

Does anyone have an example automated script for it so i can just read the code and confirm my automation is okay (in another language doesnt matter). Id be willing to post back the ninja one afterwards for all to use.

As per instructions in case 5 min crossesbelow relevant SMA close out trade.

Take trades with only a certain sized ATR on market.

Wait til all timeframes lineup and dont trade in event it doesnt.

AUD / JPY for testing on.

tried it over 12 years and yes tried chfjpy eurusd gbpusd and another 5/6.

dont know if its something wrong with the logic or not but it aint working well at all.

am i missing something silly ?

Hello to All. Am thinking of doing the '3 ducks' 1 on 1. So far have not traded the standard version but am thinkin that the AUD/USD is about to line up...is this correct?
Thanx

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Gbp.Usd - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Gbp - Euro has been stronger against the pound and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Usd.Chf - I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Aud.Usd - A couple of hundred pips sell off over the last few days. Using caution here so a wait and see approach for the moment until I see a bit more movement and to see if the recent uptrend has changed to a downtrend :confused:

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Jpy - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus!

Best wishes,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

I'm surprised the results were so bad as indeed I've had better results on other systems I have made and are active.. Captain currency do u see anything wrong with my logic...

I'm surprised the results were so bad as indeed I've had better results on other systems I have made and are active.. Captain currency do u see anything wrong with my logic...

Not sure you can realistically back test it,a lot of it is dicretionary.
A few things off the top of my head you may not have considered.
Stop loss levels
Trading only the London/New York session(and in that mostly finishing by London end)
Levels where your signal took place,ie if the pair had already move 100 pts that day before your signal would you still take the trade.

I dont actually follow the system anymore but I learnt a fair bit from it.

nothings perfect guys............just make sure you are as tight as a drum and proficient in all other aspects of your trading and then ride the signals when they come

you'll make money

N

As per instructions in case 5 min crossesbelow relevant SMA close out trade.

Take trades with only a certain sized ATR on market.

Wait til all timeframes lineup and dont trade in event it doesnt.

AUD / JPY for testing on.

Take trades with only a certain sized ATR? I don't remember that in the PDF.

I coded it up in NinjaTrader too and it is now on my backburner awaiting time for me to work on it.

I implemented most of the little tips - e.g. which hours of the day to avoid.

Where did you get your data? I was using 3 different data sets. Disk Trading back to 2000 (not my most reliable), FXCM back to 2006 and IB back one year.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Gbp.Usd – A wee bit choppy lately, cautious - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :|

Eur.Gbp - Pound has been stronger against the Euro since the start of 2011. I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Aud.Usd - Cautious with this pair for the moment so a wait and see approach is the safest bet for me :confused:

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Jpy - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus!

Best wishes,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Method is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

For all you guys, who have been trying, and trying, and trying and at the end found no results at all let me tell you these system really works.....
I dont know where have you been taking your triggers from, but long before finding these method i was using something like these, i found it and it is a holly grail, because it made clear some things that was weak in my past method.
I will not lie, i made some adjustments, i use it with an eye on bloomberg tv, on the news that come, but basically i follow it, no robots, just discipline and psicology, just being sure the system works and being aware that if the trend change suddenly - many times it can happen - i have the skills to avoid losses.
- I go small - the best way to make money is not to be ambicious -
- I hold my positions to the last beathe of the trend
- it does not matter what i think migth happen, what matters is what is happening.
These week i made a mistake, i was extremelly tired and i had about 15 positions, all of them winning so i simply decided to close them all, yes i made about 500 pips that day but it was sad next morning when i realized i could made over 3,000 pips with the positions i closed with only 500 pips.
In the above paragraph you can read something really important, you can not make enough income following just one pair, get rid of that silly idea, the same technique, indicators, conclussions and modus operandii of one pair aplies to any pair, so try to follow the method with just one pair untill you become familiar with it, untill you have understood the way to operate it and then go for another, and another and another.....
it will take time but it works and it will pay back your effort.
You have one valuable advantage, Captain currency is telling where to go, the rest depend on you.