Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Let The 3 Ducks tell you If The Bulls or The Bears are in control.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;

Eur.Usd – Bulls look like they want control! A break and hold above 1.3505 would get me bullish and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up ;)

Gbp.Usd – No confusion here, I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Eur.Gbp - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Usd.Chf - Cautious with this pair for the moment so sitting on my hands is the safest approach :sneaky:

Aud.Usd – I like it when the Aussie Bulls have control and they look like they are fighting for control at the moment. I would be looking for buying opportunities when if/my 3 ducks line up :cool:

Usd.Cad – I’m still would be looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :whistling

Usd.Jpy – A bit 50/50 at the moment so a wait and see approach is the safest bet :confused:

Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus!

Best wishes,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Thanks for the update Andy. Just a couple of questions though (or for anyone else):

While GBP/USD is in an undeniable uptrend - on daily & 4 hourly charts - do you not consider the major Support/Resistance level sitting just above at 1.60? After 9 consecutive up-days I would be surprised to see price blast straight through the 1.6 level and continue skywards. History would suggest it quite unlikely for further up-days without some sort of correction, or at least consolidation, which would likely stop you out.

I am all for buying high and selling higher, but it just looks a bit over-extended at the mo. It is also possible that a 'right-shoulder' (head & shoulders) is forming on the weekly charts if you want to go there....

I like the simplicity of this system, and don't like to over-analyse, but surely if you are looking purely at trends, USD/JPY would also be a 'sell'?
- In MAJOR down trend
- Has had 9 down-days in last 10 (edit: could be 8 out of 10 depending on feed/closing time)
- 3 ducks currently lined up
There is certainly some choppiness but that’s just the nature of the beast…

For all you guys, who have been trying, and trying, and trying and at the end found no results at all let me tell you these system really works.....
I dont know where have you been taking your triggers from, but long before finding these method i was using something like these, i found it and it is a holly grail, because it made clear some things that was weak in my past method.
I will not lie, i made some adjustments, i use it with an eye on bloomberg tv, on the news that come, but basically i follow it, no robots, just discipline and psicology, just being sure the system works and being aware that if the trend change suddenly - many times it can happen - i have the skills to avoid losses.
- I go small - the best way to make money is not to be ambicious -
- I hold my positions to the last beathe of the trend
- it does not matter what i think migth happen, what matters is what is happening.
These week i made a mistake, i was extremelly tired and i had about 15 positions, all of them winning so i simply decided to close them all, yes i made about 500 pips that day but it was sad next morning when i realized i could made over 3,000 pips with the positions i closed with only 500 pips.
In the above paragraph you can read something really important, you can not make enough income following just one pair, get rid of that silly idea, the same technique, indicators, conclussions and modus operandii of one pair aplies to any pair, so try to follow the method with just one pair untill you become familiar with it, untill you have understood the way to operate it and then go for another, and another and another.....
it will take time but it works and it will pay back your effort.
You have one valuable advantage, Captain currency is telling where to go, the rest depend on you.

well put fayalac (y) , and although I have in the last few years developed and refined my own particular approach regarding trading, this system is an absolute GEM

CC's system works because in its own unique way it is identifying where the strongest-Weakest individual Currencies are ( on higher trends) ....then when they trigger on the lower Timeframe, trade with as many pairs as are triggered - as multiple trades are where the true profitability is.

you are always positioned where the best chance of making money is (y)

N

Good Trading to you for the rest of the week.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System;

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Gbp.Usd – I would prefer to be looking for the buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Gbp – Euro is stronger than GBP and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :cheesy:

Usd.Chf – I would be looking for selling opportunities /when my 3 ducks line up :)

Aud.Usd – A bit 50/50 at the moment, it really needs to get above 1.0075 to get me interested and looking for the buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :whistling

Usd.Cad – A bit 50/50 at the moment and if you’re guessing you’re gambling! so no trade for me :devilish:

Usd.Jpy – I would be looking for selling opportunities /when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Jpy - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Best wishes,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

I took a trade off this system last night. Went long EUR/USD last night around 1.3690 as it was coming back over the moving average of the 5 min chart. This morning I took the trade off at 1.3730 for a 40 pip profit, not bad but now that the market is at around 1.3830 it could have been 140 pips and I feel a little short changed. Need some tips on how not to short change ones self on this type of system.

Two attempts at a long trade this morning. Looking at a break of 65.6

First Long 16168.1 Stop 16152 Closed shortly after at 16158.3 as it dipped below the MA.
Second Long 16170.0 Stop 16154. Didn't feel so comfortable trading before the London open however things seemed to go well. Target 16210.

Broke 16190 and moved my stop to B/E I wanted to scale out slightly at this point but couldn't pull the trigger and watched it fall right back. Closed 16171.9

Down 8 pips on the morning and a little disappointed. Does anyone else have the same concern pre London open.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-02-02 at 08.53.56.png
    Screen shot 2011-02-02 at 08.53.56.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 163
Good Morning Duck Hunters,

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for the buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Chf – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Cad – A bit 50/50 at the moment. No Trend, No Trade! and if you’re guessing you’re gambling! :devilish:

Best wishes,
Andy

My guess is that anybody trading the 3 Ducks will be getting a very low win rate, made up for by massive avg win compared to avg loss. So in the short term between winning trades, a little disappointment would be the order of the day.

Hi Captin,

Do you ever wait for a reversal, I think the EUR/USD might reverse? Or is it purely just to do with the moving average?

Also, do you have any tips for making sure the winning pips are bigger than the losers?

My guess is that anybody trading the 3 Ducks will be getting a very low win rate, made up for by massive avg win compared to avg loss. So in the short term between winning trades, a little disappointment would be the order of the day.

Yeah Adamus a little disappointment seems to be the trend. Strange I feel a lot more comfortable cutting a loser but annoyed at not better management of a winning trade. Vast change from starting out.

Hello all,

A few currency pairs are a bit 50/50 at the moment. So never ever, ever GUESS what the market is going to do next, if you're guessing, you're gambling and probably losing money or giving back your winnings in a choppy 50/50 market. Get control and use the 3Ducks to correctly observe trends, hold on to your winnings and avoid been suckered into a 50/50 gamble trade.

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Gbp.Usd – A bit 50/50 at the moment so a wait and see approach is the safest bet :whistling

Eur.Gbp - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Aud.Usd – A bit directionless over the past few weeks so a wait and see approach here. Let the 3 ducks tell you what it’s doing. Remember; If you’re guessing, you’re gambling! :devilish:

Usd.Cad – Another 50/50 currency pair at the moment so a wait and see approach :mad:

Usd.Jpy – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Best wishes,
Andy

Attachments

• guessing gambling.png
    guessing gambling.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 189
Greetings Traders,

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Gbp – 50/50 at the moment so a wait and see approach for me :|

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Aud.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Usd.Cad – Another 50/50 currency pair at the moment so a wait and see approach for me (n)

Usd.Jpy – I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up (y)

Best wishes,
Andy

Some nice moves out there :clap:

Eur.Usd – Bulls in control, I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :cheesy:

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Gbp – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Chf – Bears in control, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :cheesy:

Aud.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Cad – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Jpy – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Jpy – Two bullish currencies going head to head which makes it very 50/50, so no trading opportunities for me on this pair :eek:

Best wishes,
Andy

Hi all.
Just stumbled across this thread. Looks good, very simple, which is always best.
anyone wanting help with entry levels could maybe find this indicator helpful, it plots multi time frame fractals 15min, H1, H4 & daily onto the 5min charts, well any tf for that matter, which are much more useful for entries than the 5 min fractals as there are far too many.
Hope this helps someone.
I'll be keeping track of this thread from now on and investigate further :)

Attachments

• Ind-Fractals-1.ex4
    5.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Ind-Fractals-1.mq4
    5.2 KB · Views: 197
Hi all,

I'm brand new to Forex trading and using 3 Duck's as my first ever attempt! I've done a lot of reading and some practice (demo) trades. I've been having a bit of trouble working out where to take profits...so far the trades have been where the 4 hour chart has had a shaky trend (not a smooth long term SMA below or above current price) and I'm finding that they max out at around 20 pips...anyone else noticing this? I've yet to do a trade on a 4 hour chart that has been in a clean trend, so hope I can bank over 50 pips that way...

Captain I have some questions for you please!

Firstly where are you finding your views on currency pairs that you have been posting, is that your general knowledge of the current market and recent trends?

Also I am based in the UK and really have no idea what currency pairs I should be looking to trade and at what times. I can't possibly have 15 odd currency pairs with 3 screens each on MT4, so could you or anyone else please list out what times in GMT we should be looking at what currency pairs. Not just London session (8am-4pm) but also evenings as well... Should I just stick to the common EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY and USD/CHF, or any other pairs a beginner can trade at any time during the day or night?

hope someone can help me out here.

I'm also just starting out for real and using this system and it would seem it's gone from 80% success rate to 80% failure since switching from the demo! I'm hoping it's just a bad week, has anybody else found this?

I realised today I made a mistake this morning in trading both EURGBP and EURJPY at the same time and both stopped me out (no surprise). From here on I am only going to trade on AUSUSD, CHFJPY, EURGBP, EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF, USDJPY and I will be more careful when opening multiple positions where pairs correlate. These give the best spreads on the platform I used - Ladbrokes. AUSUSD, USDJPY and EURUSD all have a 1pip spread between 0800-1600, EURGBP (and EURCHF) has a 2 pip spread at all times, the intial 3 outside of those times and the others mentioned above have a 3 pip spread at all times. They also offer a £300 cashback on any losses incurred in your first 8 weeks....which I may end up taking full advantage of if this pattern continues.

I would recommend only trading this system on low spread pairs such as those above whilst only looking for quick, low returns (and risk). I go for 20pips profit or loss, taking the spread into account.

I've also added additional rules as listed below;

1. Once the 5min 50EMA is crossed s.t the 5min, 1h, 4h AND Daily charts are all trading in the correct place, it must first close the right side of the line, then the following candle must also close even higher.
2. The 'trigger' and 'momentum' candles' main body mentioned in 1 must be >=3pips and neither of them can be unfavourable 'pinbar' candles.
3. Price must have closed the 'wrong' side of the 5min 50EMA for at least 4 candles bfore considering 1 & 2.
4. No trading after 1800 (UK time)
5. Current candles of all 4 time frames must lie FULLY (body and wick) the 'right' side of the 50EMA.
6. 'Trigger' and 'momentum' candles must not be overstretched,i.e. total pip delta < 25pips.
7. Exceptions on 1-6 can be made if the 200EMA is also crossed and trading in the correct place on all 4 charts.

Does anybody have any other rules they employ whilst trading this system? Or any general warnings or advice about the system or about my rules?

Thanks
Andy

Great to see some more activity on this thread. Andy are you running a 1:1 RR? I prefer the morning Euro session and a reverse on a S/R. Cable and EU mostly.

Great to see some more activity on this threat. Andy are you running a 1:1 RR? I prefer the morning Euro session and a reverse on a S/R. Cable and EU mostly.

Hi p-lab,

Yes I'm running 1:1....I ran tests on a demo account for 2 months before christmas and won roughly 80% of trades so I figured 1:1 would get me a good return without being overly greedy. Would you suggest bringing in the stop loss to 10 pips? - this only gives me a 7 pip movement before I'm stopped out on some pairs, but I guess it could be a good idea...especially 0800-1600 on the big pairs.

Do you use any calculations when plotting S/R or is it just by eye on the chart? If by eye, how far back do you look?

Thanks
Andy

PS, If anybody is interested, I recorded all of the trades I observed during those 2 months before christmas, and the trades I've made over the last week on separate spreadsheets - complete with formulas and graphs.

Andybissell,

I'm new to Forex so correct me if I'm making a mistake here, but you are talking about 50 EMA whereas 3 Duck's only used 60 SMA on 3 time frames, so is that where your mistake is?? also could you explain steps 1-3 in more detail, I don't know what you mean about the candles, maybe upload example pics?

ta