Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Jack, apologies. Your wording was not as misleading as the blinkers i was obviously wearing when i looked at the chart!
I've taken another look and I'd say " yes". The rules would be me,t with the counter-trend running out of stream. I'll keep an eye on this pair.

Good trading.

Anyone else like to comment?

Hello Duck Hunters and Happy Halloween,

Some currency pairs are a bit "directionless" lately so I'm sitting on my hands and not getting suckered into taking any 50/50 gambles with the market. We need an edge in the market to make a profit otherwise we are just gambling. The trend gives us an edge because in an uptrend price has a higher probability of going up at certain points and vice-versa for a down trend. You will often hear the trading cliché "price is KING!" That trading cliché is a load of BS. I would say that the TRADER who can correctly observe price is KING!. A dummy observing price is still a dummy. :mad: Rant over :mad:, stay safe in the market.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Method;

Eur.Usd – a bit 50/50 and I'm not interested in this pair for the moment :rolleyes:

Gbp.Usd - a bit 50/50 and I'm not interested in this pair for the moment :rolleyes:

Eur.Gbp - a bit 50/50 and I'm not interested in this pair for the moment :rolleyes:

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Aud.Usd - a bit 50/50 and I'm not interested in this pair for the moment :(

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Aud.Cad - I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Aud - Same as last week, a bit 50/50. Not interested in this pair at the moment :eek:

Eur.Cad - I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :sneaky:

Usd.Jpy - Dollar coming back but I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :sneaky:

Hope that helps you, keep it simple, keep it logical!

Best wishes,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Method is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Well, I kept an eye on EUR/USD as per Jack's post above and opened a short at 13782. Now moving the right way and in profit.
Jack, did you get in?
CD

Jack, Afraid not! The 4H sma is negative. So is the 1H. The 5mins ma has crossed but the first two conditions have not been met ( your ducks are NOT in a row!).

Apologies to CC for answering questions on his method.

All the best with your trading.

CD

What do you mean not in a row?

I think I've missed this criteria

Ofcourse, but maybe I missed something. There's something more than the standard rule ( price being above the ma @1h,4h,5m ) ? Or is that the duck row he was describing about and I thought of something else?

Ofcourse, but maybe I missed something. There's something more than the standard rule ( price being above the ma @1h,4h,5m ) ? Or is that the duck row he was describing about and I thought of something else?

The 3 ducks are the 4h,1h, and 5m all lined up and ready in whichever direction at the time. However, it is a guide, so use a bit of discretion. Check support and resistance on the higher time-frames before pulling the trigger. Good trading. (y)

Hey all, got my pdf in the mail this morning (thanks!) and have taken the first trade on demo. I went long GBPUSD when it broke 1.60475. It's hovering around a bit and at this time of the day I'm not expecting landslides but imho it looks ok. Regardless of whether it'll end up winning or losing it'd be interesting to hear of any thoughts.

My stop is at 340 and profit at 817 for now which is a RR of 2:1.

I think I concur with Andy, cable is a wait and see pair at the moment. I am thinking it is going to be headed short very soon, or has already made that turn. Only time will tell
kent

Hey all, got my pdf in the mail this morning (thanks!) and have taken the first trade on demo. I went long GBPUSD when it broke 1.60475. It's hovering around a bit and at this time of the day I'm not expecting landslides but imho it looks ok. Regardless of whether it'll end up winning or losing it'd be interesting to hear of any thoughts.

My stop is at 340 and profit at 817 for now which is a RR of 2:1.

Yes that was probably not the wisest play. I assumed it would give the latest highs at least one more try which was my reason for taking profit just below those.. never reached to my initial profit taking area but ok still. I'll look at safer plays from now on, thanks for the feedback.

Good Morning All,

Some currency pairs are a still a bit "directionless" and 50/50 at the moment. So stay safe in these market conditions and don't get suckered into a 50/50 gamble. Remember; No Trend, No Trade!

Eur.Usd – currently a bit 50/50, I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :confused:

Gbp.Usd - slightly better than Eur.Usd at the moment, I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :cool:

Usd.Chf - retracement finished? I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :sneaky:

Aud.Usd - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up ;)

Aud.Cad - I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up (y)

Usd.Jpy - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up (y)

Best wishes,
Andy

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Method is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Greetings all,

Happy Thanksgiving to you if you celebrate it. A few traders have asked me if I will trade on Thanksgiving, the simple answer is "show me the charts" if there is a decent 3 ducks trade lining up I will take it, if not I will sit on my hands.

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Gbp.Usd - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Eur.Gbp - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Aud.Usd - I always prefer to be buying the Aussie Dollar but the chart never lies! I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :sneaky:

Usd.Cad - A break and hold above 1.0264 would be nice! I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :smart:

Usd.Jpy - I would still prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up ;)

Best wishes,
Andy

Top of the morning all,

The Irish people have today announced that they want to change the Irish emblem from a shamrock to a condom because they believe it accurately reflects their government political stance. A condom allows for inflation, halts production destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of dicks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed :D

The whole Irish financial situation and bailout from Europe is not helping the Euro against some pairs. But it's not all bad news as there are some nice trading opportunities to sell the Eur.Usd or Eur.Gbp when our 3 ducks line up.

Eur.Usd – same as last week, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Gbp.Usd - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Eur.Gbp - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Aud.Usd - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :)

Usd.Jpy - I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up :)

Best wishes,
Andy

PS Don't forget this Friday is The Non-Farm Employment Change, stay safe in the market.

Morning all,

It looks like the major news last Friday has buckled and potentially broke some of the 240 min trends out there. That's OK, large fundamentals are allowed to break the 240 min trends. The 240 chart always gives us a good indication of what the currency pair is really doing, is the currency pair going up, going down or going sideways? and that's a reason why we look at the 240 min chart on step number one of The 3 Ducks Trading System. We want to get the direction CORRECT! (y)

Eur.Usd – I would still prefer to be looking for selling opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up (y)

Gbp.Usd - The pound is currently stronger than the Eur but I would still prefer to be looking for selling opportunities against the Usd if/when my 3 ducks line up :)

Eur.Gbp - Pound is stronger, price has been below the 240min sma and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up ;)

Usd.Chf - The big sell off in the last few sessions has pushed the price below the 240min sma. I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :cool:

Aud.Usd - Good to see the Aussie going up again and back above the 240min sma. I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :confused:

Usd.Cad - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :sneaky:

Usd.Jpy - With the big sell off last Friday I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :sneaky:

Eur.Aud - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up :D

Best wishes,
Andy

Hello all,

It's that time of year again and I just wanted to say :cheers: I Hope you and your family have wonderful Holiday and A Happy New Year.

Speak soon,
Andy

PS: the holiday period is a good time for reading trading material. If you would like to get your free copy of The 3 Ducks Trading System e-book just send me an email to [email protected] Subject: ebook

thanks Andy for the work you've done.
i am a pretty washed up trader(prev. using cci/rsi divergences to pick tops and bottoms and using multiple timeframes to confirm). and the simplicity of this has helped, as i implimented it on friday on the eurusd(;) i guess beginners luck too.
i'm new to this system but i guess having your 3 ducks as the definitive base has helped very much. in my opinion, better than cci/rsi/macd divergences. not even gonna bother with discussing %k.

erm i've nothing to share yet except i've read your work and about 70% of the 200 pages and try to extract as much free stuff from your blog ;) because you are definitely a very generous soul and for that a very big thank you.

(compared to what's out there on the web, the forecasting software/charts, the trading rooms, the proprietary AI indicators, FRS cycle analysis, Fib trading, live tips, candlesticks pattern recognition, astro-trading, various EMA crossovers and etc.)

i hope to do your system justice in the new year. :)

keep it up Andy. :)

oh yes. and the fact it's around this long is proof enough.

i think alot of people who ask questions here - this is like their first or second stop to the wild big world of trading. i guess its best they go through the 40 years in the desert first to appreciate what's going on here. go through the emotional rollercoaster, revenge/vengence trading, doubling down, shorting an up market, picking a bottom but its the beginning of the next leg down, picking a top before its the beginning of the next leg up, getting stopped out and seeing it reverse, widening your stop only to keep widening it until the account goes bust, cutting your winners too early for 1/12th the full profit again and again and again, trading when you're tired sleepy or just woke up and getting owned, paying over the top for a new system new subscription but getting nothing better. watching countless training videos of other products. returning them because they didn't fulfill the proper function.

3 ducks it will not "massage" your trading ego.(compared to hooplah of the techniques i've listed above). but i guess for me...being washed up.(multiple busts) you could say this is also my last stop. before i change careers. i've run dry my bank account and am in quite mouth deep water in cc debt.

in fact i had prepared and sent out the resumes and prepared to go back to a middle office job then i had a last swing with the 3 ducks.

like i said first day. beginners luck. eurusd was flowing well too(which is not a daily thing i can tell you).

erm sorry for being so long winded and abit emotional. but in short i just wanted to say thank you Andy.

this stay of execution delays my wide embrace of a middle office job.