Best Thread The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi,

Read up on 3ducks a while back and am now becoming more interested in trying it out.

Do you need to be an active intra day trader for this method? I currently trade after NYC close UK time due to work comitments. I presume you need to have an active approach to the charts waiting for a 5 min cross over? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Daytrading's not my field but how do you do anything after the US Close?

Apologies, I mean I wait until the daily candles close at the NYC close and then put trades on, then review next evening. What I'm getting at with the 3 ducks method, do you need to be actively sitting in front of the PC during a session to wait for the 5 min cross over? From my brief understanding, i'd guess so?

Ben

Apologies, I mean I wait until the daily candles close at the NYC close and then put trades on, then review next evening. What I'm getting at with the 3 ducks method, do you need to be actively sitting in front of the PC during a session to wait for the 5 min cross over? From my brief understanding, i'd guess so?

Ben

on most trading platforms you can set up a alarm to tell you,

3 Ducks | 8th July '15

Like a hot knife through butter! Usd.Jpy keeping some trend traders happy over the last session.

4hr
Easy to spot that we're trading on the Bearish side (below) the sma on the 4 hour chart and our First Duck (H4) continues to favour the selling set-ups. 90 pips is the average daily pip variation figure for this pair based on the last 4 weeks of data.

No doubt some trend traders who missed today's move will be hankering to sell into possible rallies on the 1 hour chart or sell the breakouts when the Ducks line up.

8th%20July%202015.jpg

Target: with momentum heading south on this pair, ¥118.85 (the May low) is where you'd like to see Bears take the current price down to over the coming sessions. I'd fancy scaling out of short positions before that level, bank some profit on the way down if you can!

Watch list, certainly one to keep in your watch list for the coming sessions, will be interesting to see if Eur.Jpy heads further south too ...

Good trading to you all,

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks | 22nd July '15

Saints and Sinners ... Aud.Usd just sitting in the middle of a range, current price (0.7410) getting tempted to either run north up to 0.7500 or run south down to 0.7325.

Near-term it looks like there is potential for strength but seen as the long term down trend is still play, I'd be backing the Bears if/when our Duck line up for a sell.

july%2022%202015.jpg

Chat soon,

Andy
Captain Currency

Saints and Sinners ... Aud.Usd just sitting in the middle of a range, current price (0.7410) getting tempted to either run north up to 0.7500 or run south down to 0.7325.

Near-term it looks like there is potential for strength but seen as the long term down trend is still play, I'd be backing the Bears if/when our Duck line up for a sell.

july%2022%202015.jpg

Chat soon,

Andy
Captain Currency

Aud/Usd is still trading in the range.

3 Ducks | 12th Aug '15

t2w%20aug%2012%202015.jpg

So far trying to trade in August (catch a decent swing) sure does feel like a holiday month, what are your thoughts?

I think I might book myself a hollier now!

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks | 28th Sept '15

A few traders are looking for Cable to swing higher this week but I dunno about that!

Technically, I'm happy to stick with the main downtrend, price is below the sma on the 4hr chart and our first Duck would currently only favours the short set-ups.

Gut feeling, I'd be thinking the risk of another move to the south-side (this week) is more likely given that the US Dollar is fairly strong.

28th%20sept%202015.jpg

113 pips is the average daily pip variation figure for Gbp.Usd based on the last 4 weeks of data. If the Bears keep control I'd love to see them push price down to the May low in around $1.5090ish, a decent profit target!

Good trading for the week ahead trend traders,

Andy
Captain Currency

Last edited:
3 Ducks | 7th Oct '15

Ahoy there Trend Traders,

Wasn't expecting to see Aud.Usd go up that fast! I'd be interest to see if it can stay up (said the actress to the bishop).

For now you'd have to be bullish while the price is above the SMA on the 4hr chart. Any pull-backs lower in the coming sessions would be very tempting for buyers to jump on board.

If you do go long this pair, keep an eye on the resistance up at 0.7280, might be a decent spot to bank some profits.

Aud.Usd%207%20Oct%202015.jpg

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks | 19th Oct '15

Good auld China and their GDP numbers helped the Aussie Dollar stay up.

Now all us trend traders want is for the Bulls to maintain this October up-trend and run back up to the highs at: $0.7363 or even $0.7380.

On the flip side, a strong Bearish move below that last swing low on the 4 hr chart ($0.7237) would get me a tad neutral!

Aud.Usd%2019%20Oct%2015.jpg

A quick Monday market scan and overall it looks like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

Buying set-ups on:
Aud.Usd
Gbp.Usd

Selling set-ups on:
Usd.Cad

Good trading for this week Duck Hunters,

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks | 2nd Nov '15

Give'em another punch for me, yep I wouldn't mind seeing the Euro get beat-up even more in the coming sessions.

In fairness the Euro has caught a breather since Draghi knocked it lower against the US Dollar. If the Euro can get back above that area of resistance up at 1.1100 (highlighted) I'd be thinking it has survived the recent Bearish attack.

From a technical point of view I'm bearish and I'd be looking for the selling set-ups on Eur.Usd when all 3 Ducks line up in the same direction. I'd really love to see a move lower this week, down through the sub 1.0900 low (highlighted) and even lower ...

t2w%20nov%202%202015.jpg

At a quick glance it looks like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

Selling set-ups on:
Eur.Usd
Eur.Gbp
Eur.Jpy

Keep hunting for those winners!

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks | 16th Nov '15

Howdy Duck Hunters,

Cable looks a wee bit heavy up at the 1.5200 area, has it topped out?

This week I'd really like to see price falling below that 1.5172 area of support (highlighted) on the 4 hour chart and then dropping further south, otherwise we could see a bit more consolidating, yuk!

16th%20Nov%202015.jpg

A quick Monday market scan and it looking like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

Selling set-ups on:
Eur.Usd
Gbp.Usd
Eur.Jpy
Eur.Gbp

Buying set-ups on:
Usd.Jpy
Usd.Cad

Good trading for the week ahead Duck Hunters,

Andy
Captain Currency

3 Ducks | 30th Nov '15

Thursday is the new Friday ... I couldn't give a hoot about this Fridays Non Farm Payrolls, the main event for the week could be the ECB shindig this Thursday!

Like most trend traders (me tongue is hanging-out) I'd love to see Eur.Usd hit 1.0500 this week, wouldn't be a bad spot to take some profit if you're short this pair.

30%20Nov%202015%20t2w.jpg

A quick Monday market scan and it looking like our First Duck (H4) would favor:

Selling set-ups on:
Eur.Usd
Gbp.Usd
Eur.Jpy

Have a great week Duck Hunters,

Andy
Captain Currency

Oh Dear is right Stephen.

A knee-jerk reaction would be putting it mildly.

Draghi spoiled my Christmas, would have loved to see Eur.Usd continuing to slide lower ...

Andy
Captain Currency