Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

Hi John - need to do a bit housekeeping first then I'll make an announcement tomorrow. Hope you're well. It's freezzz'n here!

Doing well, thanks.

Might be cold there, but toss in a big helping of snow and you'll know what it's like here in Boston. Wow! It came down hard and fast this afternoon.

* Every image attachment posted on the forum now has a corresponding thumbnail preview image. This goes back all the way to the very first post on T2W in 2000! (Gosh - has it really been 7 years :eek: )

* Smilies and post icons updated with new style. An extended set of smilies to complement the existing ones will go live shortly.

* Every image attachment posted on the forum now has a corresponding thumbnail preview image. This goes back all the way to the very first post on T2W in 2000! (Gosh - has it really been 7 years :eek: )

There seems to be a problem with JPG/JPEG files thumbnails though.

Yesterday I posted JPG files and they showed up fine:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/378035-post9244.html

But I've noticed earlier posts with attached JPG's giving a blurry black&white view:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/320449-post14.html

GIF's from earlier posts seem to work fine:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/270299-post153.html

Any reason for this? I think it' started couple of days ago.

PS: Don't mean to keep you busy Sharky, I guess I just take notice of these things more than others :)

Last edited:
I see what you mean - we rebuilt the thumbnails last week and there must have been a problem. I'm rebuilding them again now, using an improved graphics engine and making the thumbnails a bit bigger and better quality so that they fit neatly three on a row.

* You can now download entire threads as pdfs, just click "Download as Thread" from the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of every forum thread. :D

Very useful Sharky, if only I could find the "Download as Thread" from the "Thread Tools" button :(

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 319
I see what you mean - we rebuilt the thumbnails last week and there must have been a problem. I'm rebuilding them again now, using an improved graphics engine and making the thumbnails a bit bigger and better quality so that they fit neatly three on a row.

Thanks. I noticed the recent posts work fine, but almost all of the older posts (even from about a week ago) have problems. Strange that some would show up nice and others don't... Anyway, what is the recommended format for posting images/charts?

* Two new forums added covering the Asian-Pacific Makets:
- Asia-Pacific Indices - Trade2Win Boards
- Asia-Pacific Stocks - Trade2Win Boards

....Thanks Sharky....

....Would it be possible to have a link to BRIC country specific thread ? Goldman Sachs paper of 2003 was to argue that the economies of the BRICs are rapidly developing and by the year 2050 will eclipse most of the current richest countries of the world.

Allianz Global Investors - BRIC Stars Fund

Goldman Sachs releases their new BRIC analysis

FT.com / World - Record level of ‘Bric’ IPOs offsets fall

Last edited:
another bug!

should I be getting paid or what? :p:cheesy:

see attachment

Attachments

• label.JPG
    label.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 271
should I be getting paid or what? :p:cheesy:
I was just about to post with same, FW but you pipped me to the post! I notice Arb' doesn't have the little glitch under his name, so it's not a universal problem!
Tim.

I was just about to post with same, FW but you pipped me to the post! I notice Arb' doesn't have the little glitch under his name, so it's not a universal problem!
Tim.

That seems to be because you can't click on his "T2W Advisor" label! Well noticed :)

The group title bug is now fixed. I had to manually update each user, so if I've missed anyone in any of the groups then just let me know. We did a forum upgrade this afternoon to the latest version and this caused a few problems (this and also the pdf download not showing up). These will all be fixed tomorrow.

* Added, extended reputation display. Now when you view your User CP, you'll see now see the last 20 rep received AND given, and a link to an archive of ALL rep received and given, filterable by positive/negative/balanced and specific users.

Zambuck: I'm not sure there's sufficient interest at the moment to have a separate BRIC forum (am reluctant to add new ones, when we have so many), but possibly we could extend the asia-pacific to south america as well, thereby covering the BRIC countries?

* After you rate a thread, your rating shows up when you next click the rate thread button, in case you want to change it (before would simply show you the rating options even if you've rated itit wouldn't show what you previously rate the thread as)
* We now indicate if you're subscribed to a thread by displaying a small icon
subscribe.gif
when viewing the list of threads in a forum and in the search results. Also we change the "Subscribe to this thread" option to "Unsubscribe from this thread" in the thread itself when you're subscribed.

* Added, extended reputation display. Now when you view your User CP, you'll see now see the last 20 rep received AND given, and a link to an archive of ALL rep received and given, filterable by positive/negative/balanced and specific users.

I didn't realize they were all archived. Now that you are expanding those options, perhaps a "subtotal" could be added when you filter on a username. Or a "top 10" members where you gained most reps from and a "top 10" where you gave most to. Ofcourse, all of this is more a niche than a must-have :)

Zambuck: I'm not sure there's sufficient interest at the moment to have a separate BRIC forum (am reluctant to add new ones, when we have so many), but possibly we could extend the asia-pacific to south america as well, thereby covering the BRIC countries?

....OK I see....Asia Pacific covers all countries except Brazil....the rest are in the same 'zone'.....But with the great interest in BRIC generally there are funds that are available with great growth potential and knowledge of which could be useful.....

....If possible it could be....Asia Pacific and BRIC Stocks.....as a title..?

Thanks for considering it anyway....