Sticky T2W Website Updates (New Features/Bug Fixes/Server Problems)

Fast response

Hi Sharky

Sorry to disagree but your site has serious problems right now for all. Could you maybe call in the mechanics and look under the bonnet?

Kind regards

Jonny

Thanks Sharky, I asked 5 mins ago for you to fettle the server and we're back to full speed. I wish I'd asked earlier!

Jonny

Hi folks,
Unfortunately, the issues from yesterday still appear to be with us. Paul (Sharky) is aware of the problem, but he's in a time zone behind the U.K., so it might be a while yet before he's able to deal with the problem. Many apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
(y)
Tim.

Hi folks,
Unfortunately, the issues from yesterday still appear to be with us. Paul (Sharky) is aware of the problem, but he's in a time zone behind the U.K., so it might be a while yet before he's able to deal with the problem. Many apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!
(y)
Tim.

Disgusting service considering the huge amount we pay for this site !:LOL:

Hey all, sorry for the current slowness on the site. After some investigation it appears we've been hit by a DDOS attack and we're doing our best to handle it, but because of the distributed nature, it makes it more complicated. We're working right now with our hosting provider, Softlayer, to resolve the situation. I'll post further updates when I have more news.

Yeah we blocked almost 600 ip addresses that we're hitting the site hard. Now we need to monitor to see if that was enough, or if 600 more will come out of the wood work. Fingers crossed.

Who knows, but it's not emails. It's basically an attempt to make the site unresponsive or even take the server offline. All it takes is sending a lot of data to the site from multiple servers, several times a second and overwhelming it, as we're simply not set up to handle that amount of traffic. Who gains from that? Maybe someone or some company isn't happy about getting a negative comment on the site, rather than spend money with a lawyer sending us a notice of defamation, with the right contacts might be easier just to try and bring the site to it's knees. Thankfully we've got an awesome tech team and Softlayer are one of the best hosting providers, so we're able to limit the damage.

Who knows, but it's not emails. It's basically an attempt to make the site unresponsive or even take the server offline. All it takes is sending a lot of data to the site from multiple servers, several times a second and overwhelming it, as we're simply not set up to handle that amount of traffic. Who gains from that? Maybe someone or some company isn't happy about getting a negative comment on the site, rather than spend money with a lawyer sending us a notice of defamation, with the right contacts might be easier just to try and bring the site to it's knees. Thankfully we've got an awesome tech team and Softlayer are one of the best hosting providers, so we're able to limit the damage.

which aspects of the forum were most dmaged by the attack. That may give clues as to the motives of the ddossers

Elitetrader was very slow (although not as bad as trade2win) yesterday, too.
Maybe it's an attack on trading forums!

Hi folks,
(y)
Tim.

Those pesky bucket shops will go to any lengths to shut my thread down :LOL:

Reactions: tar
Those pesky bucket shops will go to any lengths to shut my thread down :LOL:
I'd have thought the exact opposite c_v, as it's great advertising for them if you do well.

I saw a broker ad' earlier today which simply read: 'Mr. B from Dagenham deposited $25k with us in July 2013 and withdrew $1 million in September 2013' - or something to that effect.
;)

I'd have thought the exact opposite c_v, as it's great advertising for them if you do well.

I saw a broker ad' earlier today which simply read: 'Mr. B from Dagenham deposited $25k with us in July 2013 and withdrew $1 million in September 2013' - or something to that effect.
;)

Did you ask them for a statement ? :)

As long as its not just a screenshot ;)

Jees this is good. :LOL:

I'm one of the very few who is prepared to post stuff up. Not only that but have helped numerous people over the yrs with info and pointers.

Anyway, no matter......when I do the withdrawal, i'll be sure to plaster it all over t2w :)