T2W Upgrade Feedback Thread - Please post comments here

So, in the immortal words of Ms. Palin, "how's that hopey changey thing working out for ya?"

My mother gave birth to twins on an unheated wash house floor - and still got up and finished the mangling, So think on !! We don't like change here but we soldier on !

Did she tell you where she got pregnant?

No wonder we're all upset about t2w's changes. We all replied to this thread without reading it first.

Peter

Attachments

• No Views.JPG
    No Views.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 133
Please post comments, bugs and any other issues here relating to the new upgrade. I did try to merge the existing threads and in doing this they have both disappeared which I apologise for and may also be a bug as well.

Paul

I'm baffled.

Regarding the site re-vamp, I am non-plussed. However, there is something else that seems to be an act of stupidity of darwinian proportions... a Trade 2 Win "Book".

So....

1) No content of any interest to experienced traders
2) No incentive for experienced traders to contribute (i.e. LULZ)

leaving

3) a website aimed at newbies, with the expressed purpose of making money for the proprietors by

4i) exxcessive ads, and
4ii) an eBook.

it follows that the trade 2 win forum is then

5) a tool for generating revenue via internet traffic.

So no LULZ for me but profits for you? Get a grip!

1) Remove the vertical centering (who uses this since 1995?).
2) Make reply text in the Message box the same size, not smaller.

At the risk of being banned, did you pay a YTS school leaver to re-design this site?

They have introduced some changes and have been greeted with a sh1t-storm in return about one in particular. This appears to have been withdrawn very promptly, so full credit for doing that, and thank you.

I might be wrong, but I very much doubt that the withdrawal of the ads within minute of a very public threat being made by their largest advertiser was coincidence.

They .............. have been greeted with a sh1t-storm ......

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Mr Sharky doesn't trade as a rule. So why shouldn't he have the occasional sh1t day like the rest of us? :LOL:

I might be wrong, but I very much doubt that the withdrawal of the ads within minute of a very public threat being made by their largest advertiser was coincidence.

Quite possibly, but nonetheless the wrong has been righted. Let us be as magnanimous in victory as we were resolute in combat.

I reckon Sharkey got all Alan Sugar tyrannical and thought he'd impose this on us for a nice windefall and then he went of for a celebratory buggering or whatever it is he does for most of the day (as suggested in other threads) to be called back into the office re CMC. Then he had a nightmare! Then he was shouting at everyone "GET IT THE F*CK OFF! GET IT THE F*CK OFF! NOW!" and he was sweating and that. Then they got it off and he was all fuming and that and you could see all the blood rising to his head where his hair is receding and he just stormed off for a bit. Then he came back and now he's sitting there reading the blogs with shorts on and a short sleeve shirt trying to cool off and thinking about banning a few of us. Then PC called him a TW@.

The ads will probably be back except on certain vendor/advertiser threads as soon as they figure out how to do it.

Peter

I reckon Sharkey got all Alan Sugar tyrannical and thought he'd impose this on us for a nice windefall and then he went of for a celebratory buggering or whatever it is he does for most of the day (as suggested in other threads) to be called back into the office re CMC. Then he had a nightmare! Then he was shouting at everyone "GET IT THE F*CK OFF! GET IT THE F*CK OFF! NOW!" and he was sweating and that. Then they got it off and he was all fuming and that and you could see all the blood rising to his head where his hair is receding and he just stormed off for a bit. Then he came back and now he's sitting there reading the blogs with shorts on and a short sleeve shirt trying to cool off and thinking about banning a few of us. Then PC called him a TW@.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I had a good laugh at that!

Peter

The ads will probably be back except on certain vendor/advertiser threads as soon as they figure out how to do it.

As I suggested, if he'd thought about it first he could have charged them for an ad free thread, or bundled it as an added feature into their current advertising package.

Its not the ads that people are objecting too, its the association of those ads with their posts. Ironically thats what killed moneytecs business within days of them pulling a similarly stupid stunt.

nobody cares about the book?

Ads are one thing, but using the whole site as a front for the sale of their book?

No posts from the t2w staff?
Maybe something like "Thanks for the feedback guys, we're working on some of the suggestions. The bug where the ads appeared in individual posts has now been fixed."

Peter

The book was written or compiled by some of t2w's vendors. You can figure out how that works.

Peter

Including none other than Guy Cohen, remember him? He was the guy that decoded the secret box that had been smuggled out from beneath the noses of the Nazis during WW2. Now that will be a quality read. I hope I didnt make a bad day worse.

Flag-Trader System, Guy Cohen

It's my belief that this site has been for sale for many years but no takers ...ie big registered user base but compare page impressions to say ff.com (where, shock horror, breaking news - most threads are actually dedicated to trading discussion and very little Lulz) and it's clear that the actual user base is small as a % and most are 'regulars ..My view was compounded when that forex thingy was launched recentlly can't remember what it is called but they have compo's running every 2 weeks and people fight to the death over a Kindle !

Anyways,

G/L