T2W Scotland Meeting

Airthrey Capital

I notice that there are a number of fellow Scottish traders on this site.

Would any of you be interested in meetring up for a social?...perhaps a couple of beers and a curry?...Open to suggestions.

If you would like to attend, let me know and we can arrange a date and a venue.

Please also state the best location for you, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Stirling....We'll then arrange to meet at the location most suitable to those who wish to attend.

(NB Fellow Englishmen, Welshmen, Irish men also most welcome!)

No,
they're checkered primarily.
Dave
(Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling? Why are you having it on the South coast? ;) )

OK..I'll add Inverness to the options.

Kilts not mandatory, but a sense of humour is. (and lets face it, you have to have a sense of humour to wear a kilt!)

sounds fine to me, let me know the location. If I can make it I shall. Edinburgh or Stirling the best for me.

Cheers

spreadbet

Bit of a disappointing result, guys..............

Need at least 8-10 people to make it worthwhile...

Any more takers?

Count me in; Edinburgh would be my preferred choice.

(I can also recommend some excellent Indian restaurants....) :LOL:

Yup, I'd probably be up for that (diary permitting).

I'm up in Dundee, so ideally Stirling or perhaps Edinburgh would be best for me.

I'm a complete newbie to trading but bags of experience in beer & curry ;)

Hi Blairlogie. How's it lookin ale/currywise? Maybe get some more takers this week. Judging by the post codes on members' list, there seems to be a lot of bairns aboot.

Good idea Blairlogie I am in for a Scottish meeting.

Anywhere between Aberdeen and Inverness would suit me best, but anywhere is considered.

If we decide that the Moray Firth Coast is suitable to everyone, I own a small hotel.

I know that this may sound like canvassing for business, but it's just an idea.

7 rooms, seaviews, popular restaurant, bar and a function room which could be used for presentations etc. if anyone would like to share or present anything.

If there is any interest and I am not criticised for this posting, I can share menus, rates etc.

Trading Shed,

Thanks for the offer...definitley to be considered if the location suits all those who are interested.

I must admit that I was considering more of a social gathering, but if there is anyone wishing to give presentations, let me know in order that the venue is suitable.

It does appear that most people showing interest seem to be from all over the place...Orkney to Edinburgh!

So far, people who have shown interest and have expressed a preferred venue are...

Trading Shed (His place!)
Tullibody (Stirling I presume)
BDT (Stirling / Edinburgh)
Taz (Edinburgh)
SpreadBet (Stirling/Edinburgh)
Gerard (Stirling / Edinburgh)
Blairlogie (Stirling / Edinburgh / Glasgow)

Ideally looking for more people......

Anyone else want to be added to the list?...If so just post below and state your preference of venue.

Sharky...???!!

Then we can decide final venue / date etc.

I'm considering a new facility that will act as perhaps an extension to the Trader Locator to make it as easy as possible for peeple in close proximity to arrange meet-ups. This won't be available for a while yet, but there does seem to be a growing interest in local get-togethers and anything that I ca ndo to facilitate that has got to be time and effort well spent.

Blairlogie, if you have any ideas about how I can help or need any sort of assistance don't hesiatate to ask. I'm adding the London meet-up to our events diary, so perhaps if you can decide on a date and location the extra publicity will generate a few extra attendees.

I'm Edinburgh based but would support any venue across central belt, would also consider Inverness etc. if day suitable i.e. a Friday say.

Cheers

OK......

The story so far......

We now have 10 people who have expressed an interest in attending a Scottish T2W social. The 10 are...

Blairlogie
Boy
MikeW
KNorrie
Trading Shed
Tullibody
BDT
Taz
SpreadBet
Gerard

I would still like to get the numbers up to 15-20..come on guys!

I think I will also need to make a decision on location, and it will be in Stirling. Most if not all of you seem to be happy with Stirling as an option.Good rail / road links from everywhere.

Next thing to decide is whether you wish to meet on a weekday or weekend....Afternoon or evening? I understand some of you will have work commitments during the week or family commitments during the weekend. Please post your preference.

I hope that the date for the meeting will be before end of March.

Sorry for all these questions, but after the first Scottish T2W social it will be easier for us to decide each time we meet where / when to hold the next meeting. I hope we can make this a monthly get-together.

So, please post your week/end..afternoon / evening preference.

Also looking for 5 more people....!!