T2W Scotland Meeting

Just got a call to say it is was off - pity, but glad I got the call - before out the door! Could have been a bit emabrrassing wandering through the bar on me 'norman' carrying an FT, a right looking Del-boy.

Better luck next time Blairlogie!

Cheers, from a sober MikeW

Blairlogie

Well – looks like the only 3 who missed the cancellation notice were the three who could attend!! I was up North on business all day and drove straight to Stirling for the meeting. Two others had also missed the cancellation messages and arrived.

I don’t think you’ll be able to hold the next meeting in the Hogs Head. Convinced the rest of you were all in the pub hiding we went round for an hour flashing an FT at any likely looking punter and asking if he was a trader and did T2W mean anything to him. For some reason we got some very peculiar looks back until we retreated off for a pizza. I think the locals probably think T2W is some sort of secret society. I had noted down a telephone number which we called and asked if Blairlogie was there or if he was at the T2W meeting. Too late we realised it was the Hogs Head number and the guy at the other end of the phone was standing two feet away at the other side of the bar. I know communicating across a busy bar is difficult but I think he thought this was taking it a bit far.javascript:smilie(':eek:')

Anyway its shame it was cancelled as those that did turn up had a good evening and, judging from the replies to the cancellation message, it lookes like there could have been at least eight of us in the end. Next time it might be an idea if we give you our mobile numbers in case there are last minute changes.

Looking forward to the next meeting.

Gerard,

Huge apologies to you and the other 2 who did not receive the message in time.

I agree...contact phone numbers would have been a good idea to prevent poor communication.

Glad to hear that you had a good time anyway, and that it was not a wasted journey.

Perhaps we should arrange the next meeting now, with dates / venues AND CONTACT PHONE NUMBERS!.

How about Edinburgh next time?

End of April?

Any thoughts?

(and £10 fine for cancellations!)

Blairlogie

No need to apologise as not your fault and its really good of you to organise this anyway. Much appreciated.

End of April should be okay for me as would Edinburgh but am happy to travel to Stirling again if necessary.

I'll PM you with my mobile number at some stage.

Cheers

Gerard

Edinburgh sounds good to me

So long as the dates are ok i would like to come along and if possible would rather Edinburgh. However can make stirling if that is where its held.

Edinburgh would be great for me, flyerdave was going to come with me to the last one so I'm sure he'll be ok for this also. End of April OK too - I'll pm blairlogie my mob no.

Cheers.
MikeW

A meeting in Edinburgh at the end of April would suit me.

What about a venue ? There are some decent restaurants such as The Cavalry Club which would give us a private room at no extra cost. Save wandering around with a copy of the FT............

Taz,

Cavalry Club in Edinburgh is an excellent choice!...I know it well.

How about we make it a Saturday this time?

Perhaps Saturday 1st May 7.30pm at the Cavalry Club (Indian Restaurant)?

If this is suitable let me know and we could book a private room.

Cheers.

Cavalry club gets my vote

Been there a few times and the food is good and with a private room it would be ideal.

Location and a saturday looks good, got an exact address and is there a car park for my rather large van?

Exact address is...

3 Atholl Place
Edinburgh
EH3 8HP.

There should be parking available nearby.

Alternatively, take the train as it is relatively close to Haymarket station.

Like any other hick, I unknow the Cavalry Club but plaudits sound fine so see you there. Well done Blairlogie.

Nice to see it's "game on" again......but Edinburgh?? (smiling from the west coast)

nice work Blairlogie

in the diary

The end of April is too far away yet for me to confirm, but if I can get to the meeting I shall.

cheers

spreadbet

Saturday May 1st sounds good; we will need to check if there is a minumum number required for the private room.

Also we will need to book soon - I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was very busy.