T2W Forex Contest - Mar 2012 - Win iPads & iPods!

re: T2W Forex Contest - Mar 2012 - Win iPads & iPods!

cant see whats happening so i will re register another march account, I still havent heard about last months and and if other accounts were checked

Last months are being checked and we will be in contact soon.

Paul

Hi,

I'm seeing the leader board on the contest and it seems messed up. The contest starts this week but seem like there're still some members who haven't been got their balance reseted back to 0.

OK I will discuss this with Tech support later today.

Paul

I think there's some confusion - we asked whether we should start over this week or continue as was. I mentioned that unless the overall feedback was to reset things we'd keep things as they were. The consensus was to keep things as they were, hence there's no resetting of accounts and the leaderboard is correct as it is.

Just registered for the contest, hope not to lose again in trading LMAO

Has anyone got an explanation why positions get closed automatically in this contest/'platform'. I just had 7 long contracts of the AUSUSD closed which I never instructed? It was also closed at a price 20 pips below the market price at the time.

Has anyone got an explanation why positions get closed automatically in this contest/'platform'. I just had 7 long contracts of the AUSUSD closed which I never instructed? It was also closed at a price 20 pips below the market price at the time.

positions were closed because you look to have run out of margin, and had a margin call.

I had that thought, however you would expect to have a warning notice especially since it happened at the instant I placed a new buy order. Thanks

i guess the best way to avoid such instances is keep an eye on your usable margin window, when opening multiple positions. leave enough in there to cope with spread and moves against you.

good luck in the comp btw, your equity curve going in the right direction (y)

I am of the view that the forexdesk 'platform' is crappy as a tool for this contest. Orders get rejected, not filled, prices freeze for long periods etc. The link to forexdesk/FXCM is too slow/non-functional, is anyone else experiencing this or am I in my own vortexing black hole...

Lapa we're experiencing some technical problems right now, should be fixed shorty.

Got you...just as my karmic frustrations got me...I am uuummminggg and breathing in/out slowly.

This really is getting annoying. Been trying to close a position 15 times with no joy.Yesterday I closed a position and didnt think it had been closed,only to find I had closed all of my position instead of 1/2 off it. why dont we use the demo accounts of the company sponsoring the prize.

Sorry to hear that. We've got some scaling issues with the amount of traders using the platform that we're in the process of resolving. Orders are always executed exactly when made, the problem is the amount of trades being processed means that sometimes when there's a heavy load, there's a delay in displaying confirmation to the trader. The order will always be executed though. So you end up with someone retrying and ending up opening or closing multiple lots. We hope to have this fixed soon, and in the meantime, I suggestion you assume the trade is executed as 99% of the time it will be.

Using the demo accounts of the company sponsoring the prize is a definite possibility. We already have the ability to do this with FXCM accounts, and all the info feeds into the forexdesk platform so we can still use the leaderboard and people can view other people's accounts in realtime. Adding support for other brokers can be complex, and with a different sponsor each month it's impossible to add support quick enough before the start of the contest.

Congratulations to POPPJOBB for winning the March contest and recipient of the iPad 2. Well done also to minch who wins an iPod touch and temporarilylight who wins an iPod Nano

Congratulations to POPPJOBB for winning the March contest and recipient of the iPad 2. Well done also to minch who wins an iPod touch and temporarilylight who wins an iPod Nano

Thanks Guys,
This is a great contest and very competitive.
It was very tight through the end of the contest.
I am in like 900th place in the April contest