T2W Forex Contest - Mar 2012 - Win iPads & iPods!

re: T2W Forex Contest - Mar 2012 - Win iPads & iPods!

Well, I guess the 350 trades I made mean not much, lol.. Im not up a ton, like $1,500 but was down $3,000 and worked back in the positive, Had some issues early with the interface.

Its cool tho, I will just start another account, seeing its 2 days in, no problem,

Going to try hard this month,

Good Luck all,:eek:

OK we will start the contest officially on Sunday and I adjust the settings to do this.

Paul

Sunday coming up, or Sunday gone?

I am just in conversation with a few people with regard to this as we have to cater for technical limitations and my apologies for it not being sorted out fully yet but we will get back to you all.

Paul

A monthly March competition that starts on the 11th? Seems slightly crazy. Does that mean the April comp will start just before May? Can't wait for the Christmas comp next February. :)

Okay, so I just spoke with Paul. Sorry about the confusion this month. I think you'll agree the prizes are pretty awesome, but we we're waiting on confirmation so we were a bit later starting off, and then didn't do a great job in confirming that the contest started last Sunday, as has happened in the past, when the contest is announced a few days late.

So to be fair to everyone, we have two choices. Either we say that all entries from Sunday onwards are valid OR we start a brand new contest with a different tag that only runs 3 weeks and starts this Sunday. Unfortunately the only two options we have, as technically we can't reset the existing accounts.

On the one hand we already have 30 accounts using the #T2W-MAR12 tag, on the other we've got one player who's already got a $20K lead, but as we all know, things can change quickly. So, either way, some people aren't going to be too happy. What do you all think is the fairest way to proceed?

Okay, so I just spoke with Paul. Sorry about the confusion this month. I think you'll agree the prizes are pretty awesome, but we we're waiting on confirmation so we were a bit later starting off, and then didn't do a great job in confirming that the contest started last Sunday, as has happened in the past, when the contest is announced a few days late.

Confirmation of what?

So to be fair to everyone, we have two choices. Either we say that all entries from Sunday onwards are valid OR we start a brand new contest with a different tag that only runs 3 weeks and starts this Sunday. Unfortunately the only two options we have, as technically we can't reset the existing accounts.

Perhaps the devs need to write a fix for this.

On the one hand we already have 30 accounts using the #T2W-MAR12 tag, on the other we've got one player who's already got a $20K lead, but as we all know, things can change quickly. So, either way, some people aren't going to be too happy. What do you all think is the fairest way to proceed?

I can't say what I want to say but i'm not best pleased. I think if we are running comps with clear start and end times and dates, then we ought to be good and ready to roll.

Last edited:

I vote for a start over this sunday. I think over all that would be the most fair.
That being said I encourage you to work things out so that things of this nature do not happen again. I realise you don't have to do the contests or offer the nice prizes, but it seems to me that it should be possible to have all worked out by the time a contest starts.

I do have faith that things will be much smoother in the very near future:)

Yeah totally agree, in future we'll make sure things run a lot smoother. We screwed up this time, but the lesson's been learnt and it won't happen again. On the plus side, getting sponsors for the prizes means bigger prizes, and multiple prizes, which can only be a good thing to attract more players, and conversely attract bigger prizes. 10x the players, 10x the prizes!

So for now, any more comments? If it's more or less evenly split then we'll probably just continue as is, just because it's simpler that way.

I've been late to some of the comps and hadn't put in much (or any:)) effort recently, so this time I tried to stay awake and open an account near to the start of the month. Several others were already up and running by then, so it would seem odd to cancel all that and start again almost two weeks into March.

If every other monthly contest has started on the first Sunday, why should this month be any different.

It would'nt be fair on the leaders, who have already put the effort in, to be up
10k +.....

Mind you, I think CORNELIU might be a bit premature, opening his account, 6 wks ago....lol

Last edited:

Ive been here since the very first contest, and I think alot of us know whats going on, as we just start the first Sunday. I cant believe we have been doing this for so long, and being consistant with the contests. Its helped me out alot, although, for some reason, I lose alot trying to sync my Forexdesk and FXCM together.. So I always have a hole to dig out of, lol..

But, This is the first major hicup, cant complain.. If we have to start over, Im fine with that.. I have also put in major hours scalpin, 350 trades in 4 days or something, Its allready history in my mind, cant rememeber, but it was alot.. Leanred alot also, But Im fine with whatever. I dont pay to play, so begers cant be choosers..

I say start just this Coming Sunday, all fresh, everyone on same page. We've done weekly contest at the start, Length of contest is actually not an issue, and, I plan to win this month, :)

Just a swagger builder, Game On

Thx for the contest again. I was wondering whether we have contest for this month and haven't registered. Let's the battle begin lol

LOL, have been trading very bad lately, which reflects in last month result. Hope things go better this month <_<