T2W Forex Contest - Apr 2012 - Best Prizes Ever!

but the desire to discourage many of you are such an attitude, vague rules and non-payment of prizes, instead of advertising will get anti-advertising, and eventually getting into the scam as a natural result

a bit harsh there sveta, while i agree the rules could do with a bit of clarity, there's actually, judging by the look of the may comp top 15, only 1 person not understanding the rules to the regard of correct username and what is asked for.

i myself won a comp a while back, i received my prize ok, no problem at all. a little thought on your part, ie join the community and participate, rather than just take from it, then you'd have understood what to do properly. there would have been no issue, maybe received your prize already.

anyway, good luck on their decision :)

a bit harsh there sveta, while i agree the rules could do with a bit of clarity, there's actually, judging by the look of the may comp top 15, only 1 person not understanding the rules to the regard of correct username and what is asked for.

i myself won a comp a while back, i received my prize ok, no problem at all. a little thought on your part, ie join the community and participate, rather than just take from it, then you'd have understood what to do properly. there would have been no issue, maybe received your prize already.

anyway, good luck on their decision :)

I would like to say a few words about the regitration:

1) registering on the graph foreksdesk
Username
let me introduce myself coined the nickname sveta
someone who is already in use in our script, may be
and missed it,
but the same nickname in the login foreksdesk and
I could not enter into a platform for trading

if there were agreement between the Forum and foreksdesk

2) Gentlemen, the organizers - the correct technical and confusing, I hope that the confusion arose there was no fault of mine, and I would like to receive the prize at least just for the sake of moral satisfaction for the effort, especially since tomorrow is my birthday
:)

I would like to say a few words about the regitration:

1) registering on the graph foreksdesk
Username
let me introduce myself coined the nickname sveta
someone who is already in use in our script, may be
and missed it,
but the same nickname in the login foreksdesk and
I could not enter into a platform for trading

if there were agreement between the Forum and foreksdesk

2) Gentlemen, the organizers - the correct technical and confusing, I hope that the confusion arose there was no fault of mine, and I would like to receive the prize at least just for the sake of moral satisfaction for the effort, especially since tomorrow is my birthday
:)

so are you finally admitting in that statement that you weren't a t2w member whilst playing the contest?

did you find the contest through t2w as a guest? if not, how did you find the contest? through the contest thread here, or directly at the contests link at the top of this page?

btw happy birthday for tomorrow

Last edited:
so are you finally admitting in that statement that you weren't a t2w member whilst playing the contest?

did you find the contest through t2w as a guest? if not, how did you find the contest? through the contest thread here, or directly at the contests link at the top of this page?

btw happy birthday for tomorrow

I learned about the competition from such sources
Trade2Win | Demo contest
and not from your forum
Read an explanation of how to enter the competition and where there is a single word about the forum?
Forex Contests
no there is no mention of the forum and that the competition only for registered participants of the forum
that is, you change the rules after the end of the competition
the goal is not to pay?
Your right, but it does not look nice
and your last post, if you think about adiministratsii site looks like a confirmation of my words
We are waiting for an official response, in a private communication from
Trader333

I learned about the competition from such sources
Trade2Win | Demo contest
and not from your forum
Read an explanation of how to enter the competition and where there is a single word about the forum?
Forex Contests
no there is no mention of the forum and that the competition only for registered participants of the forum
that is, you change the rules after the end of the competition
the goal is not to pay?
Your right, but it does not look nice
and your last post, if you think about adiministratsii site looks like a confirmation of my words
We are waiting for an official response, in a private communication from
Trader333

ok thanks sveta, well we know there's a gaping hole in the rules as stated in the official rules, when compared to the start of this thread post 1. especially when thought is given to people landing here from outside, i'd already done the looking, see post 62

Top 3 Players Win! - Apr, 2012

•Contest started on 1st April 2012 22:00 GMT +00:00
•Contest finishes on 27th April 2012 23:00 GMT +00:00
•The prize is:
•Enter any time before the contest finishes.
•The winner will be judged by their P&L for the duration of the contest.
•Accounts must remain public (not private) for the duration of the contest.
•Mirroring of trades to retain first position lead is disallowed and may result in disqualification.
•To qualify for the prize contestants must open at least one position.
•Only one contest account per person (sorry - no starting over again).
•If you live outside the US/UK, we may have to offer you an alternative prize of the same value, depending on the prize and whether there are shipping and import tax considerations.

don't say nothing about being a t2w member to be elegible to be entering there does it.

Last edited:
...the winner of the february contest doesn't appear to be a t2w member?

Actually they are a member but not the same as the name for the competition. You are correct though that we need to be more clear.

Paul

it does make sense to enforce the rule of being a member of t2w.

if not; users may abuse the system. they may enter the contest using multiple nicks; then at the end of the contest; register at t2w with the winning nick.

the simplest abusive strategy is to enter the contest with two users; and let user2 enter trades that are exactly opposite of user1. One of them surely will get there. It's paper money after all.

a variation of the above is to use more than 2 users.

Last edited:
Hello, I would also like to know ( like sveta ) when the results of the april contest will be confirmed and the prizes received ( if at all ) !

Sorry for the delay. We are happy that sveta is genuine but as others have said we will update the rules. I will PM those who won.

Paul

Hello, I would also like to know ( like sveta ) when the results of the april contest will be confirmed and the prizes received ( if at all ) !

Dont hold your breath....winners from the March contest are still waiting for their prizes.....

Alpari must have done a runner.....

the simplest abusive strategy is to enter the contest with two users; and let user2 enter trades that are exactly opposite of user1. One of them surely will get there. It's paper money after all.

It won't work. In order to win the contest, you've got to know how to trade.

It won't work. In order to win the contest, you've got to know how to trade.

here is an example:

strategy 1:
- buy 10 units of EURUSD

strategy 2:
- sell 10 units of EURUSD

hold all trades until end of May; then liquidate.

one strategy will be losing; and the other winning. Of course there is a *small* chance that both strategies will breakeven; but it is low probability.

i did a backtest of the above strategies in April 2012; strategy 1 lost 15%; and strategy 2 made 15%.

notice how the max profitable percentage of strategy2 was about 40%; at the beginning of April.

you could just liquidate your positions and stop trading at that time. and you are done for the month.

If you observe some winners in trade2win contest; you will see this behavior. users stop trading suddenly after the equity curve reached a high mark. and also; you will see that they only traded a position or two.

hopefully trade2win can catch those smart pants by enforcing policies that address the multinics.

Attachments

• strategy1.jpg
    strategy1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 240
  • strategy2.jpg
    strategy2.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
here is an example:

strategy 1:
- buy 10 units of EURUSD

strategy 2:
- sell 10 units of EURUSD

hold all trades until end of May; then liquidate.

one strategy will be losing; and the other winning. Of course there is a *small* chance that both strategies will breakeven; but it is low probability.

i did a backtest of the above strategies in April 2012; strategy 1 lost 15%; and strategy 2 made 15%.

notice how the max profitable percentage of strategy2 was about 40%; at the beginning of April.

you could just liquidate your positions and stop trading at that time. and you are done for the month.

If you observe some winners in trade2win contest; you will see this behavior. users stop trading suddenly after the equity curve reached a high mark. and also; you will see that they only traded a position or two.

hopefully trade2win can catch those smart pants by enforcing policies that address the multinics.

Just try it now and I can tell you that it won't work. Buy 10 units, you mean 10 lots? Have you consider margin call?

Trade more than 1 or 2 trades doesn't mean that you know how to trade. Great traders just have a few trade a month, even year. Hold on to your winner is another trading discipline. At the end of the day, people asking about how much you made, not how well you know about trading, fundamental etc but still losing money. People are looking for excuses all the time, I'm sorry but it's reality.

It's the money game. Try to get into 1st place and you'll see it's not that easy.

If I'm using your strategy and know how to stop at max profitable percentage, I'd be millionaire.

Just try it now and I can tell you that it won't work. Buy 10 units, you mean 10 lots? Have you consider margin call?

Trade more than 1 or 2 trades doesn't mean that you know how to trade. Great traders just have a few trade a month, even year. Hold on to your winner is another trading discipline. At the end of the day, people asking about how much you made, not how well you know about trading, fundamental etc but still losing money. People are looking for excuses all the time, I'm sorry but it's reality.

It's the money game. Try to get into 1st place and you'll see it's not that easy.

you are missing my point

The prize for the contest,
first place,
received in full.
Many thanks to the organizers of the competition.