T2W Forex Contest - Apr 2012 - Best Prizes Ever!

Is it possible to use an existing live MT4 or TS, or is that just asking for trouble?

Sharky; the pips in the closed positions page; are off. sometimes are muliplied by 100 and sometimes are correct.

it doesn't affect trading though.

Is it possible to use an existing live MT4 or TS, or is that just asking for trouble?

i personally used an existing MT4; i didn't install a new one.

however i did create a new account with 50K on it and 20:1 leverage.

Sharky; the pips in the closed positions page; are off. sometimes are muliplied by 100 and sometimes are correct.

it doesn't affect trading though.

Do you mean on MT4 or on ForexDesk, can you give any specific examples? Then we'll try and get it fixed, thanks!

Do you mean on MT4 or on ForexDesk, can you give any specific examples? Then we'll try and get it fixed, thanks!

On forexdesk web page.

Profit in pips is being represented as a percentage of the position dollar profit.

It should represent the price difference between open and close price.

Ie; if a buy open price=1.3000 and close price=1.3010; then pips should be 10.

On forexdesk web page.

Profit in pips is being represented as a percentage of the position dollar profit.

It should represent the price difference between open and close price.

Ie; if a buy open price=1.3000 and close price=1.3010; then pips should be 10.

Ahh, I see what you mean.. thanks for reporting, we'll get it fixed.

hi Sharky; another issue encountered today:

I opened a EURUSD position in MT4; sell 4 lots @ 1.31155.

I got an error message in MT4 saying "unable to connect to ForexDesk. webservice response timed out". after a couple of minutes; the trade went through and shown on ForexDesk. However; the price in the webpage does not match the entry price in MT4; it is worse off.

ForexDesk position: (EUR/USD 12/04/2012 01:16:38 sell 0 / 4 1.31083 1.31135 0.00000 0.00000 -$208.00 0.00 Close)

MT4 position: sell 0/4 @ 1.3115

attached is the MT4 trade:

Attachments

• eurusd.jpg
    eurusd.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 213
So tell me, is it acceptable for the purposes of this contest to abandon a loseing account and start again from a new 50K account?

Nice try :)

Just 1 account for each contest.
#

I only ask because that appears to be what someone has done. So having fought my way back from a 6k loss I was a bit disappointed that it appears I needn't have bothered, just start the account from 50k again.

Stll, I may be wrong but I guess it will be checked at the end of the contest and as I have no chance of winning I guess I should not care.:D

Counter_violent is right, it's only one entry per contest per player. Otherwise everyone would just keep starting over until they're in the black. At the end of the contest, we always delay the announcement of the winner to check for any inconsistencies, in the past we've had to disqualify entrants who broke the rules, for examples using multiple accounts or mirroring trades to stay ahead.

Hi Everyone!

Just joined the contest, I know, 2 days before the end... a bit stupid. But I wanted to check it out and it looks like alot of fun. Looks like I will be trying this with furture contests. I must say, the MetaTrader integration works very well. I placed a small trade in my MetaTrader 4 terminal and a few seconds later the trade showed up in my contest account. It even updated my trailing stop on the trade. Very neat.

Just a stupid question. When I opened the contest account I used the default setting of a $5,000 account for a start balance. I see most of the traders in the top 15 use $50,000 starting balances. On what is the contest winners based. On the actual P/L monetary value or a the P/L expressed as a percentage?

It seems a bit silly to have options on the starting balance for the contest, as obviously a larger starting balance will allow you to open larger lots size trades.

Just wondering. Thanks

Jaco

Hello!

In the contest for a demo account in April 2012,
I won first place

How and when will I receive my prize?

Forex Contests

My login

sveta

Rank User Days Playing Profit
1 sveta 25 $21,732.37

I wrote April 30, 2012, on a support

[email protected]

I would like to know the answer and get my prize

:?:

hang on, is that right? i thought one had to be a member of t2w to enter the comp? sveta12 has a join date of 2nd may :confused:

hang on, is that right? i thought one had to be a member of t2w to enter the comp? sveta12 has a join date of 2nd may :confused:

I explain that I had joined the t2w long time and participated in competitions under the nickname sveta
it is simply a forum Forum with your nickname and password to enter the account could not
I would like to get an answer on the merits
or instead of the prize will also be just a joke?
:(