T2W Forex Contest - Mar 2012 - Win iPads & iPods!

lapa

8 7
re: T2W Forex Contest - Mar 2012 - Win iPads & iPods!

Has anyone got an explanation why positions get closed automatically in this contest/'platform'. I just had 7 long contracts of the AUSUSD closed which I never instructed? It was also closed at a price 20 pips below the market price at the time.

Lightning McQueen

4,935 788

Has anyone got an explanation why positions get closed automatically in this contest/'platform'. I just had 7 long contracts of the AUSUSD closed which I never instructed? It was also closed at a price 20 pips below the market price at the time.

positions were closed because you look to have run out of margin, and had a margin call.

lapa

8 7

I had that thought, however you would expect to have a warning notice especially since it happened at the instant I placed a new buy order. Thanks

Lightning McQueen

4,935 788

i guess the best way to avoid such instances is keep an eye on your usable margin window, when opening multiple positions. leave enough in there to cope with spread and moves against you.

good luck in the comp btw, your equity curve going in the right direction (y)

lapa

8 7

I am of the view that the forexdesk 'platform' is crappy as a tool for this contest. Orders get rejected, not filled, prices freeze for long periods etc. The link to forexdesk/FXCM is too slow/non-functional, is anyone else experiencing this or am I in my own vortexing black hole...

Sharky

Admin
5,642 434

Lapa we're experiencing some technical problems right now, should be fixed shorty.

lapa

8 7

Got you...just as my karmic frustrations got me...I am uuummminggg and breathing in/out slowly.

Lord Flasheart

Legendary member
9,794 975

This really is getting annoying. Been trying to close a position 15 times with no joy.Yesterday I closed a position and didnt think it had been closed,only to find I had closed all of my position instead of 1/2 off it. why dont we use the demo accounts of the company sponsoring the prize.

Sharky

Admin
5,642 434

Sorry to hear that. We've got some scaling issues with the amount of traders using the platform that we're in the process of resolving. Orders are always executed exactly when made, the problem is the amount of trades being processed means that sometimes when there's a heavy load, there's a delay in displaying confirmation to the trader. The order will always be executed though. So you end up with someone retrying and ending up opening or closing multiple lots. We hope to have this fixed soon, and in the meantime, I suggestion you assume the trade is executed as 99% of the time it will be.

Using the demo accounts of the company sponsoring the prize is a definite possibility. We already have the ability to do this with FXCM accounts, and all the info feeds into the forexdesk platform so we can still use the leaderboard and people can view other people's accounts in realtime. Adding support for other brokers can be complex, and with a different sponsor each month it's impossible to add support quick enough before the start of the contest.

Trader333

8,655 981

Congratulations to POPPJOBB for winning the March contest and recipient of the iPad 2. Well done also to minch who wins an iPod touch and temporarilylight who wins an iPod Nano

poppjobb

6 0
Congratulations to POPPJOBB for winning the March contest and recipient of the iPad 2. Well done also to minch who wins an iPod touch and temporarilylight who wins an iPod Nano

Thanks Guys,
This is a great contest and very competitive.
It was very tight through the end of the contest.
I am in like 900th place in the April contest

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock