Swingin' the ftse 2010

Moved sell order up again, to just below today's early morning SB low. Today's pattern looks likely to establish as another inside day, with range within putative swing high 12/02 range, or a new putative swing high breaching 5208.

Looks like we are going higher today Already over 5230 so not an inside day. Will get a buy signal by the end of the week at this rate. :cheesy:

Yes, higher today, not inside. I have pushed the order back down again to below 12/02 low to catch 12/02 ID/NR4 short breakout, if it comes.

Day with narrowest range of last 4 sessions. Some people also look for an NR7 for various purposes, which is not necessarily an inside day.

Day with narrowest range of last 4 sessions. Some people also look for an NR7 for various purposes, which is not necessarily an inside day.

Great, thanks.

Could be on for one of your 14 EMA momentum trades tomoorow depending on how things pan out. Could be if we get one we'll be knocking on the door of 5306 and a buy signal.

Moved sell order up again. The 03/02 high has rejected price action today and US support is muted so i am hopeful for a trigger tomorow.

Moved sell order up again. The 03/02 high has rejected price action today and US support is muted so i am hopeful for a trigger tomorow.

Brave call, although fits with the rules I guess as the trend change point wasn't breached by a whisker.

Are you not taking a long 14 EMA trade?

Last edited:
Hmmm.....with hindsight, the buy at 5306 wouldn't have been bad so far.

Could it be the buy signal at 5306 was a false signal?

Looks like (at 5.36pm GMT anyway) that we'll get the repeat sell signals on the US indicies Marc wrote about today in his IC column.

FTSE short anyone?

Left the stop resting - Sharescope data suggest today's low a little below yesterday's.

Short now, at last. Also short on Dow on an Inside Day play. Also still short on 4 FTSE350 stocks, 2 in the money, 1 b/e: 2 others have closed at profit target, 1 other at small loss the other day.

So, I am short.

Me too, although at the risk of appearing heightist, not as short as you :LOL: I'm short on the FTSE only at this juncture.

Hi Guys,

I just thought I would do abit of cheeky advertising (not of any service, just my youtube videos) :)

I'm an elliott wave trader and think you may be interested in checking out my videos and perhaps even subscribing to my channel :)

Here is my latest video:

about 2 weeks ago I identified 2 "boxes" where I said the market was likely to rally to...
Box 1 was 5305-5330
Box 2 was 5375-5400

Market got as high as 5395 and fell away quite sharply....
so I predict lower lows to come (MUCH LOWER) :)

Did some people taken the breach of swing high 03/02 5305 to indicate change to uptrend?

If we're still in a downtrend, I had been thinking change to uptrend would come from new swing low established above swing low 08/02 5033: however, a new swing low above swing low 28/01 5146 would seem equally bullish.

Yes, you've got to have assumed it, tom, if you're going to obey the rules.

The swing downtrend didn't last long and was worth about 200 points at best, although I doubt anyone got near that unless they were using limit targets.

good trading

jon