swingin' the ftse: 2008

what is evereyone trading on ?

I do most of my trading with capital spreads.

Any other providers better than them ? :eek:)

Here we go again! :D

You be happy where you are and don't look over the fence. The grass is, always, greener over there!

I'm with Fins--- I don't go around asking those questions!

It's much better this side of the fence ;)

Split

No it won"t Split

Your chicken may have come home to roost ie. yesterday's remark about 6200.

I went in at 5982 and have just closed. I have taken a liking to the "so much profit per day" school. The market got stuck and I took them. Maybe in, again, later.

Has been difficult for me to go wrong, this week. Nemesis will catch up later. I might as well have some profit padding to protect myself :)

Split

Split

"Nemesis will catch up later"

All in your Head mate, see your set up = take it imho

Good trading keep it going = next one = next one = next one = next one

Just make sure you don"t drift on your set up rules etc which I have been known to do myself from time to time :eek: when on a hot run

Everyones a winner babe & thats ok (y) .Well done Split :)

I see the Ftse at and Dow breaking out to the upside, just an opinion, think the Bears have had a good run and see a more meaningful rally developing. Trading every day and from the short side I have not been inclined to stay in trades longer than local R & S spots in the last few weeks, Index for the most part as been finding support where it should.

:eek::eek: there she Blows 11:30 straight out the top of ohrh on her way to pdh I think in time for Dow open and my extra special glass"s say The Dow will wiggle about at the open then fall back and lock all the weekend longs in :LOL::LOL:

Split honest I have not got a clue, hope it does for all those in longer timeframe long plays, makes no difference to me at all till I can overcome my FEAR of the longer timeframes

This Bears pretty tired, had some re-uilding work to do,(headbox) and forced myself to go straight through the emotional pain barrior after that April Fools day F..ck up ! :mad:

Bears back to normal, and all better than ok but I think its all caught up with me :sleep::sleep: :eek::sleep::sleep:

Loads on this weekend = lads concert tonight, going to see some band Mrs Blackbear as the hots for :) on saturday, lads footy on Sunday at the other end of the county :LOL:

Have a good weekend yourself Split

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Attachments

• bear 1.jpg
    bear 1.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
Split

"Nemesis will catch up later"

All in your Head mate, see your set up = take it imho

Good trading keep it going = next one = next one = next one = next one

Just make sure you don"t drift on your set up rules etc which I have been known to do myself from time to time :eek: when on a hot run

Everyones a winner babe & thats ok (y) .Well done Split :)

I see the Ftse at and Dow breaking out to the upside, just an opinion, think the Bears have had a good run and see a more meaningful rally developing. Trading every day and from the short side I have not been inclined to stay in trades longer than local R & S spots in the last few weeks, Index for the most part as been finding support where it should.

:eek::eek: there she Blows 11:30 straight out the top of ohrh on her way to pdh I think in time for Dow open and my extra special glass"s say The Dow will wiggle about at the open then fall back and lock all the weekend longs in :LOL::LOL:

Split honest I have not got a clue, hope it does for all those in longer timeframe long plays, makes no difference to me at all till I can overcome my FEAR of the longer timeframes

This Bears pretty tired, had some re-uilding work to do,(headbox) and forced myself to go straight through the emotional pain barrior after that April Fools day F..ck up ! :mad:

Bears back to normal, and all better than ok but I think its all caught up with me :sleep::sleep: :eek::sleep::sleep:

Loads on this weekend = lads concert tonight, going to see some band Mrs Blackbear as the hots for :) on saturday, lads footy on Sunday at the other end of the county :LOL:

Have a good weekend yourself Split

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

What is worse, Mrs Black Bear's favourite band or my 7 year old grandkid's party. The place will be full 7 year old kids full of healthy (so I am told) fun. I know who'll be there. A 9 year old cousin, who knows all the tricks , sets them all up and then stands back and watches the adults go hairless!

Split

looks like my prediction from last night after google results came out, are looking good so far.

Dow could be attacking 12900 today.

(but hey cant loose every time eh ??) :eek:))

Here we go again! :D

You be happy where you are and don't look over the fence. The grass is, always, greener over there!

I'm with Fins--- I don't go around asking those questions!

It's much better this side of the fence ;)

Split

The grass is most definitely greener on the other side :clover:

Looking like an inside day today - unless US driven up by google results when they open. If we remain inside range of 17/04, I will enter a sell order below 5973 as it resembles a putative swing high.

Looking like an inside day today - unless US driven up by google results when they open. If we remain inside range of 17/04, I will enter a sell order below 5973 as it resembles a putative swing high.

The Dow looks a slightly more likely candidate for a swing short this pm but not probably Google sentiment will pull the index above 12647, which would defer the possibility of this trade until Monday.

No it can"t be, its not possible ...is it ?

Dows out sat on previous + 80 over R2 and + 130 over pdh and miles over pdc R pre-market = potencial mirror of pwh / R, next week could be a mini Bull imo up to take us up to real Bear country ...........

Dow to 13200-600
Ftse to 6200 -500

Dow open will be interesting = shorts do not hold your breath imho :) Ftse is hanging back a little under pdh

added detail

Dow jun fut chart stretched a litle from 20sma

+ 50 sma
+100sma

200 sma @ 13000 ish if it hits it in the next few sessions :)

Ftse it will follow and can"t be assssss"d working it out, if it does not, she"s not often wrong :innocent:

200 sma Ftse Fut 6200 ish :) :) :) and same as above approx

Last edited:
Sounds like you trained him well Split

What is worse, Mrs Black Bear's favourite band or my 7 year old grandkid's party. The place will be full 7 year old kids full of healthy (so I am told) fun. I know who'll be there. A 9 year old cousin, who knows all the tricks , sets them all up and then stands back and watches the adults go hairless!

Split

Should be .........

Have Fun :LOL:

another interesting week of trading comes to an end.
Lets see if we can continue the momentum next week...

A personal note.
I had a very sinking feeling today. Not because I lost any money. Indee I made some.
But I feel that I missed out on a jackpot.
Before the close of us equity trading last night. I was all decided to go long on google at £1 per point. Now while I was messing around waiting for my entry point at around 8.55pm. When I finally decided to hit the trade button. The market for google had closed on capital spreads. I only disovered today that they stop rolling bets on us quities at 858pm ! Anyway I thought " What the heck" Fast forward to friday morning and I realised I would have been in for a bumper pay day of
£8 k !!!! The horror!!! lol
But its water under the bridge now I thought at this point. So as soon as US kicks off I jump into Google right at the start of friday's trading. After a dip right at the start I bottle it and pull out about 60 points down. (had I showed some patience I still could have made about £7/800).

Moral of the story ?

I have the entire weekend to figure it out!

Have a great weekend guys.

S :eek:)

Hi S -

I know the feeling. I made money this week but when I look at the huge market moves my gain is just a skim off the top. However, my personal consolation is -
1. I traded only the trades I had planned out
2. I didn't risk any big losses

These two things keep up morale and self-discipline, and preserve capital.

Hi S -

I know the feeling. I made money this week but when I look at the huge market moves my gain is just a skim off the top. However, my personal consolation is -
1. I traded only the trades I had planned out
2. I didn't risk any big losses

These two things keep up morale and self-discipline, and preserve capital.

I know how you feel, I'm a morning, only, trader. I have a percentage target which, if I reach it, keeps me happy. :)

Split

Have you read "Trading News with S&R"? mp6140 is a useful and friendly poster. I've read most of his stuff---he's all over the place, not just on that thread---and I believe that he has given me new slants on trading which have improved my profits.

Were you asking for opinions on Yahoo? You'll have to figure it out for yourself. They are trying to get a better offer from MS, aren't they? The price is anyone's guess, unless you look at, and understand, the chart.

Good trading.

Was looking to go long again last 2 days - buy triggered Friday pm, though it was S&P, not FTSE, that hit my order level first on the SB markets screen. Ascending triangle now pretty obvious on both indices and it will be nice to see breakouts above 1400 and 6100 respectively.

Breakout from ascending triangle has occurred alright (though I for one wasn't long to catch it). But now its here I find it difficult to put faith in the upside. We're up 5% in a month and only the Nas100 is bettering that: in fact the 250 is down. The 100 Friday candle looks unsupported and the US Friday session was characterised by light volume late and a barely positive close. RSI (14d) is highest its been for a year and I would expect a pullback as we are hitting against the 200MA anyway.

I am entering sell orders on US indices (they are not closed Monday) with Friday's high as the stop.

Well, my sells triggered on the S&P and all started well enough, but this market is shrugging off all bad news and stopped me out. It just will not go down. Re-evaluating.

Short on the FTSE on breach of Thursday's low, Thursday's high is stop. The S&P is already in a downleg of course for a week now so perhaps we willl at last conform. I see the US indices being repelled by their 200MAs and resistance, with uptrending support lines being tested.

FTSE short brought a small gain (would have been better if I could have closed on the reversal yesterday but was away from screens).

S&P and Dow now show clear upswings, FTSE looks confused, and Dow offers better entry point as it closed last night below Friday's high. Long on Dow, but I suspect this upleg cannot last long.