swingin' the ftse: 2008

This might be interesting. The S&P is showing signs of forming an ascending triangle with lows of 17/03 continued through yesterday's low, with ceiling at about 1380. These have a good probability of upward movement, and a good success rate if you wait to go long until after the break-out, sometimes preceded by a false break-out and pullback.

If this triangle conforms, it will certainly impact the FTSE.

This might be interesting. The S&P is showing signs of forming an ascending triangle with lows of 17/03 continued through yesterday's low, with ceiling at about 1380. These have a good probability of upward movement, and a good success rate if you wait to go long until after the break-out, sometimes preceded by a false break-out and pullback.

If this triangle conforms, it will certainly impact the FTSE.

Ftse pullback tuesday which held 5800 makes it looks pretty firm (i.e pullback relatively shallow) ....so we could blow 6000 after all and G-d forbid the 6100 looms :p

Banks looks to be recovering slowly ............ I'm not a bankfan but just noticed this morning...

looks like that to me 2

Ftse pullback tuesday which held 5800 makes it looks pretty firm (i.e pullback relatively shallow) ....so we could blow 6000 after all and G-d forbid the 6100 looms :p

Banks looks to be recovering slowly ............ I'm not a bankfan but just noticed this morning...

Hook

Thats my thoughts over the last week or even 2

Just thoughts, nothing more :LOL:

Ftse just inside 6000 june fut, looks a little stretched before Dow opens

Trendline last 2 days can be seen very nice on real charts down to 3 min tf with no overnight join bars

will it hold this time ?

Dow pushing at R2 before the open and Possible Big R still a bit higher up

might be a good show each way :)

Last edited:
Ive so gotta give up work and do this full time instead of going online in between jobs and trying to focus, seems like all the great moves happen when your looking the other way so to speak lol

If you can make full use of stops and orders in your market, you just might be able to have your cake and eat it.

That said, I work also and constantly find it difficult to leave a good position to run. Setting stop losses is something I have lived by so that is not too bad a problem for me now. But I do take the profits too early.

Long on Dow from US open. The FTSE trades I outlined this am never materialised so there was no conflict between the FTSe and the Dow. I am holding this one overnight, looking for an attempt at recent high 12733, stop at 12269.

What can I say........?

Everyone knows we are at the old recov highs..... but I see outside poss of a run into early next week (90d)and so 6200 [~62%]............. 6056 now....

However the consensus view is probably (???) recov highs+1m since last major lows equal big day today........

Mmmh........ looks like any pop in the dow will be brief.... if ftse is to be believed.
However, holding 6000-10ish so who knows....... ?

Things do feel heavy I'll give you that...

Looks like we're heading into resistance so have banked Dow long.

Will evaluate possible FTSE strategies later -
1. if close <6052 and <50% of day's range, short at close (Whiplash)
2. if low <5931 and close >6046, long at close (Key Reversal)
3. if high >6046 and close <5931, short at close (Key Reversal)

Only No.1 looks likely at this minute, but all depends on the US.

Looks like we're heading into resistance so have banked Dow long.

Will evaluate possible FTSE strategies later -
1. if close <6052 and <50% of day's range, short at close (Whiplash)
2. if low <5931 and close >6046, long at close (Key Reversal)
3. if high >6046 and close <5931, short at close (Key Reversal)

Only No.1 looks likely at this minute, but all depends on the US.

It could potentially be a double top on the FTSE and a triple top on the S&P is already in evidence. It's not obvious from the FTSE daily chart what's going to happen next - however there's a clear wedge forming on the S&P and a breakout up or down from this will probably dictate a very sharp move in either direction. FTSE will follow.

I don't anticipate this move to happen just yet though. There's plenty of range for the S&P to meander through for the next few days.

Yes, Hoggums, so I am not trying to swing trade FTSE right now, just short-term stuff: trend not clear to me at all. Yes, we will follow the US (principally the S&P), which looks like it should break out strongly one way or the other, though we did see it disappointingly meander away from the famous symmetrical triangle of a couple of months back - it seemed that everyone played it like it had to burst out, and this neutralised the signal.

Google saves the day!

I would wager that none of the experts picked up that delivery! (no pun intended)

Dow, s&p, ftse could rake it in big time on friday ?

Any thoughts.

S

Ftse and Dow at Wrong poles

Dow at pdh = just a touch under

Ftse at pdc /pdl = just under ohr low

Does not happen very often = Attention

mind how you go all

right..........back to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

been up since 7am here!

There are some nice peaks and troughs with in range to ride to nick a few cheeky points. Although the ftse does seem very tempremental this morning. Mite be better off trading the dax in range.

Oddly enough there are some exceedingly nice dips and rise with crude oil. Managed to get quite a bit off the dips and rises.

Ftse trend line Hours, presumed up, high prob swing low forming, wait and see imho

We are at lower end of yesterdays range well under pdh

Dow fut are still sat on their pdh abouts

Think waiting for Dow this pm is probably best, so myself after hectic open 60 mins :) will can it unless something jumps of the chart at me in the next hour

Long range time frame Longs will be getting pretty excited me thinks :)

ye..its called noise :)

Your chicken may have come home to roost ie. yesterday's remark about 6200.

I went in at 5982 and have just closed. I have taken a liking to the "so much profit per day" school. The market got stuck and I took them. Maybe in, again, later.

Has been difficult for me to go wrong, this week. Nemesis will catch up later. I might as well have some profit padding to protect myself :)

Split

what is evereyone trading on ?

I do most of my trading with capital spreads.

Any other providers better than them ? :eek:)