swingin' the ftse: 2008

Hi trigger

Ye got my fingersburnt to on the same day I think

thats what they call paying the market for information :eek:

Good luck on the announcement

Thanks mate, well i definately wont do an overnighter again in a hurry!
Just got to sit tight and hope for 5840 to b/e or thereabouts, lol not much chance me thinks before the 18th:(

Still Flat

Thanks mate, well i definately wont do an overnighter again in a hurry!
Just got to sit tight and hope for 5840 to b/e or thereabouts, lol not much chance me thinks before the 18th:(

trigger

not so sure, shes moving down after the rate announcment = anything can happen

looks like the Bears Bull thoughts might turn out to be be complete BS and way off track :eek: :LOL:

Flat

good luck :clover:

trigger

not so sure, shes moving down after the rate announcment = anything can happen

looks like the Bears Bull thoughts might turn out to be be complete BS and way off track :eek: :LOL:

Flat

good luck :clover:

Black Bear

Must sort out my job so i can give the screen more focus

Forget the screen if you can trade the longer tf imho

Black Bear

Must sort out my job so i can give the screen more focus

Dont want to do that trigger, to much like hard work

longer tf better imho if you can sleep at night, I can"t so stick to the wee ones for the vast majority of the time

Dont want to do that trigger, to much like hard work

longer tf better imho if you can sleep at night, I can"t so stick to the wee ones for the vast majority of the time

Thats my intention, to take smaller but more regular trades, when your the wrong side for 100+ pts its corrosive:cry:

Latter

Thats my intention, to take smaller but more regular trades, when your the wrong side for 100+ pts its corrosive:cry:

trigger

I remember that feeling only to well........smarts a bit

Always got the loss back by trading the small moves myself over a number of weeks, don"t try and get it back in one minute, in fact

Forget it and trade your plan, examine reasons for loss and think of ways to address issue if in fact there is any issue to address.

Just stay there these days and leave the rest to whoever wants it, like to think I will trade longer tf but .................

:LOL::LOL:just waffle on about it in all probability and stay where I am

good trading and good :clover:

latter

One of the best rules anybody can learn about investing is to do nothing, absolutely nothing, unless there is something to do. Most people always have to be playing; they always have to be doing something. They can't just sit there and wait for something new to develop. I wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime. Even people who lose money in the market say, 'I just lost my money, now I have to do something to make it back.' No, you don't. You should sit there until you find something.

-- Jim Rogers

Thats great advice from you and jim rogers!
I just got caught out by impatience and put a trade in just before closing, fool that i am/was...
Daytrades from now on

Last edited:
Missed dip earlier though will hold out a couple more sessions, in so deep now i might as well stick it out

trigger

I remember that feeling only to well........smarts a bit

Always got the loss back by trading the small moves myself over a number of weeks, don"t try and get it back in one minute, in fact

Forget it and trade your plan, examine reasons for loss and think of ways to address issue if in fact there is any issue to address.

Just stay there these days and leave the rest to whoever wants it, like to think I will trade longer tf but .................

:LOL::LOL:just waffle on about it in all probability and stay where I am

good trading and good :clover:

latter

One of the best rules anybody can learn about investing is to do nothing, absolutely nothing, unless there is something to do. Most people always have to be playing; they always have to be doing something. They can't just sit there and wait for something new to develop. I wait until there is money lying in the corner, and all I have to do is go over there and pick it up. I do nothing in the meantime. Even people who lose money in the market say, 'I just lost my money, now I have to do something to make it back.' No, you don't. You should sit there until you find something.

-- Jim Rogers

Hi Black Bear

gonna take your advice and leave that bad trade as is, will carry on with intraday though with many painful lessons learned:smart:
Thanks for the advice:clap:

steve

You taken the loss

Hi Black Bear

gonna take your advice and leave that bad trade as is, will carry on with intraday though with many painful lessons learned:smart:
Thanks for the advice:clap:

steve

Hi Steve

Did you take the loss mate :?:

not sure how puts work :eek:

Last edited:
Hi Steve

Did you take the loss mate :?:

not sure how puts work :eek:

hi black bear

I took your advice and forgot it and let it run, the losses were so big i felt what the hell, thank god i did:clap:

I bought ftse puts last week right after that 150 pt rise and it continued to rise from then on, but i was away from the screen for 2 days and when i checked i was stunned, been waiting for a re test of 5800 to save my bacon and bag a few, looks promising now with ftse free falling

steve

hi black bear

I took your advice and forgot it and let it run, the losses were so big i felt what the hell, thank god i did:clap:

I bought ftse puts last week right after that 150 pt rise and it continued to rise from then on, but i was away from the screen for 2 days and when i checked i was stunned, been waiting for a re test of 5800 to save my bacon and bag a few, looks promising now with ftse free falling

steve

still on a loss tho the gap has closed considerably since 11.15 am

Not say that or did not intend to give that impression

"I took your advice and forgot it and let it run, the losses were so big i felt what the hell, thank god i did"

I did not say that, certainly did not mean to give that impression

I said a loss once realised should be forgot as quick as possible, Examine reasons why it took place...

1. poor trading on your part, execution of stop loss, lazy and undisciplined approach etc = do something about it now

2. Expected loss that are just part of your usual costs = do nothing and forget it= carry on as per

did not mean to give the impression you put it under the bed or some place and pretend its not real and not happening to you

Glad that no real damage done and lady Luck was on your side

THIS TIME !

Last edited:
sorry for none compus mentas :eek:

can you close out when you like :?: or do those things just expire :?:

hi andy

i can close out at any time from time of purchase even minutes later tho expiry is next friday and they will expire if i let them at whatever price they get to at that point, not my plan tho, will hold out to end of today see what effect the dow has on ftse, or will close them out on monday if outlook for nikkei/hang seng looks poor after dow has hopefully tanked.

steve

I took your advice and forgot it and let it run, the losses were so big i felt what the hell, thank god i did

I did not say that, certainly did not mean to give that impression

I said a loss once realised should be forgot as quick as possible, Examine reasons why it took place...

1. poor trading on your part, execution of stop loss, lazy and undisciplined approach etc = do something about it now

2. Expected loss that are just part of your usual costs = do nothing and forget it= carry on as per

did not mean to give the impression you put it under the bed or some place and pretend its not real and not happening to you

sorry mate, mis understood, tho my plan on that bad trade was to just let it run, it couldnt get any worse really, so i can concentrate on intraday instead, i know the mistakes i made and WILL NOT be making them agian i can assure you:eek:

Devil in the detail

hi andy

i can close out at any time from time of purchase even minutes later tho expiry is next friday and they will expire if i let them at whatever price they get to at that point, not my plan tho, will hold out to end of today see what effect the dow has on ftse, or will close them out on monday if outlook for nikkei/hang seng looks poor after dow has hopefully tanked.

steve

IF you had no plan at entry, and on longer tf I have made that error, even if just in small detail omitted=danger beware

Make yours now this second

Identify where you are wrong this second

Ask yourself are you happy to enter now and where would your stop be now

Identify reward / target

If the market does not agree with your expectation

CLOSE OUT PROMPTLY and move on to the next trade opportunity, by keeping it open when your original expectations are not present you are cutting off the air you need to keep breathing and stay alive.

Stick to it and do not fudge it once mind made up

Do it now this minute if you want to stay alive in this game:eek: