Successful FX and Futures Traders Wanted - Hedge Fund Capital

I'm part of a team in charge of doing the due diligence on FX and Futures traders for a $3B+ hedge fund company in the US.

We're looking for a wide variety of forex (no arbitrage or news traders) and futures traders with verifiable statements. Plese PM me only if you have live statements. Demo statements don't count.

You must complete our due diligence questionnaire and meet other requirements that will be provided after the initial discussions.

Traders that are accepted get to trade a test account for the first 15 to 45 days, whose size depends on a trader's experience and results. If they perform within historical norms, they get additional allocations every month until either a substantial amount of capital is allocated or they reach a saturation point in terms of liquidity.

If interested, please PM email address and a bit of information about the type of trading you do, lenght of real track record, experience, and results.

Cheers!

My name is Mark Tolley. I have just returned to the U.K after spending 20 years working overseas. I was a commodities trader for a prominent Bermuda based firm for six years with a focus on 5 majors in the FX markets. I traded five minute time-frames with strict risk parameters, I experienced 2 losing months over a 4 year period. I left the industry never expecting to return opening an art gallery in New York. I'm having trouble attaining the right trading position as the firm sold off in 2003 and have no P&L records. I'm looking to start-up again and would be willing to prove myself in any capacity.

Regards,

Mark Tolley
[email protected]

Hi ,
im interested ...

what is the minimum track record you will consider? considering an average of 15 trades a month.

and what sort of returns are you looking for ?

Last edited:
Hi dd_master. Interesting username? :)

Minimum track record is 12 months. How long is your track record and what is your AUM?

I only have 5 months at the end of october.

what is AUM ?
if it stands for assets under management = 11,000€

How do you determine if the records were fabricated, or not? They would still have to demo for 15 - 45 days (as you stated in a previous post) so why accept trading records at all? I am just curious. I can PM you some info about me if you prefer.

Hi dd_master. Interesting username? :)

Minimum track record is 12 months. How long is your track record and what is your AUM?

Hey traderfunding, me again. I just read this in your profile, "Our goal for multi-advisor programs it to reduce the overall volatility..." What is this "multi-advisor PROGRAM" you refer to? Something you charge money for? Do the traders you recruit go through this progam? How much is it? I suppose they have to do a course or something with you, or put up a risk deposit?

Or are you just banding together a group of traders so you can get funding from a hedge fund? Or do you run the fund yourself? You seem a bit young to be running a $3 billion fund. Hmm... But perhaps I have misunderstood this (hopefully).

this is stupid question. of course u give ur broker statement and verify it with the broker whether it was real or fake money.

How do you determine if the records were fabricated, or not? They would still have to demo for 15 - 45 days (as you stated in a previous post) so why accept trading records at all? I am just curious. I can PM you some info about me if you prefer.

How exactly is that a "stupid" question? Do you REALLY think a legit licenced broker would let some random "hedge fund" or "trading firm" inquire about the legitimacey of some OTHER trader's records??? Are you SERIOUS? Now THAT would be STUPID. Any emails from your broker could be fakes too. There are email programs out there that let you hide IP addresses, or make up fake ones.

this is stupid question. of course u give ur broker statement and verify it with the broker whether it was real or fake money.

you would also call and email not just one way!. and you give then permission to check your records l . There is a way to do it if you ask your broker or clearing house. they will give some access.
I post my real broker statement in this forum. you can check out my statement. I am the only trader who post my broker statement nobody does. and you can also verify it from the clearing house. it depends. they will give certain access not full.
or if that still not convincing, I have my check records that is posted on my bank accounts.

There are ways to determine if trading records are fabricated. After you're in this business long enough, you run into a lot of false records and reports. Minimizing the chances of dealing with fabricated records is part of the due diligence process, which is [now more than ever] crucial in FX. Demo records are no longer accepted for emerging traders.

I continue to get PM's from traders who average down and increment the size of each subsequent position (similar to Martingaling). We do not accept that trading methodology, so please don't ask. Happy Holidays to all.

There are ways to determine if trading records are fabricated. After you're in this business long enough, you run into a lot of false records and reports. Minimizing the chances of dealing with fabricated records is part of the due diligence process, which is [now more than ever] crucial in FX. Demo records are no longer accepted for emerging traders.

Isn't it a bit like stuffing a sock in your trousers? What's the point, she's going to find out in the end..

Anyone seen any pit traders still trading recently. Didn't think so...It's hard to make money when you're not following your mates in the pit.

TraderFunding,

A few questions for you...

1. How did you arrive at the conclusion that Trade2Win message boards are a breeding ground for locating talented traders?

2. What performance metrics are decisions based upon and over what time frame?

3. Are you aware of the inherent limitations of those performance metrics?

4. I am a little confused regarding the required track record length (I believe in one post it was 1 year) and why there is only a 30-45 day evaluation period on the test account. If you intend to make a decision to invest a small amount of capital with a a 1 year track record, the evaluation period ought to be one year also. Any thoughts?

5. Out of sheer curiosity, have any applicants met both the due diligence criteria and successfully completed the test account evaluation period?

6. What is the minimum AUM you will consider to meet the initial phase of the due diligence process?

7. (Comic Relief) Wouldn't it be fun to trade in the pits with depth trade?