Successful FX and Futures Traders Wanted - Hedge Fund Capital

1) Because it is one of the most popular trading forums, which means more sets of eyes will see it, and this increase the probability that one of the sets is talented.

2) This is not etched in stone, but we look at traditional performance and drawdown figures like everyone else does, but we also look at the transaction details under a microscope to get a better understanding of what the trader is doing and if his strategy has any potential flaws that can cause catastrophic losses down the road. We also have a due diligence questionnaire with 100+ questions that are very specific.

3) Yes.

4) The 30-45 day period test is no longer being used. Again, the longer the track record the better. But the actual test period is also affected by the transparency of the track record and on how verifiable it is, as well as on the number of data points in questions based on the activity of the trader.

5) Yes.

6) This is not etched in stone either. We are not looking for traders who have substantial AUM. We are looking for emerging talent. These traders usually do not have experience in managing substantial assets. This is another unknown that must be dealt with as best as possible. There is no perfect way to do this.

7) You bet. :clap:

TraderFunding,

A few questions for you...

1. How did you arrive at the conclusion that Trade2Win message boards are a breeding ground for locating talented traders?

2. What performance metrics are decisions based upon and over what time frame?

3. Are you aware of the inherent limitations of those performance metrics?

4. I am a little confused regarding the required track record length (I believe in one post it was 1 year) and why there is only a 30-45 day evaluation period on the test account. If you intend to make a decision to invest a small amount of capital with a a 1 year track record, the evaluation period ought to be one year also. Any thoughts?

5. Out of sheer curiosity, have any applicants met both the due diligence criteria and successfully completed the test account evaluation period?

6. What is the minimum AUM you will consider to meet the initial phase of the due diligence process?

7. (Comic Relief) Wouldn't it be fun to trade in the pits with depth trade?

DT,

I have lived primarily in northwest Indiana. More specifically, Valparaiso, Portage, Lake Station, and even Westville. At the moment, I live in Tempe,AZ. Talk about a sharp contrast in climate...

TF,

It appears that shorter term trading strategies are what you are interested in. According to preliminary research, Renaissance Technologies seems to have the best performance I have heard about. They reportedly have returned 60% a year gross of fees with a Sharpe Ratio of 1.68. Are those the performance figures you are seeking? I realize they have a tremendous AUM but are armed with a full fleet of mathematicians and I would guess sophisticated order processing software. BTW, thanks for informing everyone on this forum about this opportunity and it seems, the program is flourishing.

Hi optionsmm,

Yes, those are good numbers indeed. Nevertheless, Renaissance's job becomes a lot more difficult because of the large AUM base. I would love to have that problem though. :)

DT,

I have lived primarily in northwest Indiana. More specifically, Valparaiso, Portage, Lake Station, and even Westville. At the moment, I live in Tempe,AZ. Talk about a sharp contrast in climate...

TF,

It appears that shorter term trading strategies are what you are interested in. According to preliminary research, Renaissance Technologies seems to have the best performance I have heard about. They reportedly have returned 60% a year gross of fees with a Sharpe Ratio of 1.68. Are those the performance figures you are seeking? I realize they have a tremendous AUM but are armed with a full fleet of mathematicians and I would guess sophisticated order processing software. BTW, thanks for informing everyone on this forum about this opportunity and it seems, the program is flourishing.

swt73, Just PM'ed you.

Try me if you want to.........I have been self employed my entire life........I will not give you what I do personally,,,,,,,,but will take any test and trade any practice account you want me too..............I love to share, even if it is a selfish kind of love........LOL

JahDave

Try me if you want to.........I have been self employed my entire life........I will not give you what I do personally,,,,,,,,but will take any test and trade any practice account you want me too..............I love to share, even if it is a selfish kind of love........LOL

JahDave

Hi Dave. Thank you for posting. How long is the history on your current account at Oanda? Can you provide any return stats and any other metrics you may have kept? Please PM me to let me know.

Hi traderfunding,
maybe you missed my pm....
Anyway, it seems you're still looking for traders.
I had a couple of bad experiences with companies that look for taders and I hope you are a serious person.
Can I send you my stats and see if you might be interested?
Thanks

Hi traderfunding,
maybe you missed my pm....
Anyway, it seems you're still looking for traders.
I had a couple of bad experiences with companies that look for taders and I hope you are a serious person.
Can I send you my stats and see if you might be interested?
Thanks
Hi Dorianfx,

Please PM me your email address and contact info (city, country, and phone number), as well as a good time to reach you.

Thank you.

Hi traderfunding I am interested in what you have to offer. Do you require the traders to put up their own money ever? Also when you say your firm has 3 billion+ is that a leveraged amount?

Thanks, James

Hi Jim. No, traders never have to put up their own money. The 3 billion reference was a leveraged amount, but that was not our firm's capital. It was a firm that was an institutional client. We have access to different sources of capital, for both emerging type traders and more institutional type, low vol traders.

I'm part of a team in charge of doing the due diligence on FX and Futures traders for a $3B+ hedge fund company in the US.

We're looking for a wide variety of forex (no arbitrage or news traders) and futures traders with verifiable statements. Plese PM me only if you have live statements. Demo statements don't count.

You must complete our due diligence questionnaire and meet other requirements that will be provided after the initial discussions.

Traders that are accepted get to trade a test account for the first 15 to 45 days, whose size depends on a trader's experience and results. If they perform within historical norms, they get additional allocations every month until either a substantial amount of capital is allocated or they reach a saturation point in terms of liquidity.

If interested, please PM email address and a bit of information about the type of trading you do, lenght of real track record, experience, and results.

Cheers!

Hello,

I represent the Dutch company SAKO FX, which specializes in Asset Management (managed forex accounts), and they have experience in this area since 90s. In case you would be interested in I would like to introduce you head MM. Please let me know.

Thank you and have a nice day!

SAKO FX
Innovative Trading & Investments