South of France?

Henry said:
French tax rates on trading income can be up to 65% once all the social charges are taken into account as well. /

Jesus :eek: Its hard enough to make money, but tax at 65%?!?!?!?! You'd need to earn €4080 to put £1k in your pocket!!!!!! Why would you even bother........ :cry:

minx said:
Jesus :eek: Its hard enough to make money, but tax at 65%?!?!?!?! You'd need to earn €4080 to put £1k in your pocket!!!!!! Why would you even bother........ :cry:

I get the feeling that UK tax rates are somewhat better than the other big economies in Europe, but guess that some of the newer EU entrants might be worth a look if they have suitable infrastructure. My wife feels that the Canary Islands would be an ideal situation :cool: Must see if I can get my friend Mr Google to find a site listing tax rates across Europe.

The idea of having a UK Limited company and then residing in another country is interesting. If you do go down the UK company route while residing in the UK be careful not to pay a low wage and high dividends as the IR are starting to crack down on that type of thing for small companies. Pretty unfair when larger companies can do it though !

Cheers

Stew

As an alternative...

Switzerland has no capital gains tax unless it is your sole income. Even then, after all taxes and social security is taken into account you are looking at about 25% in Basel. Zurich is lower, Zug even lower. But the place to be is in the Italian speaking part on the lakes...

And despite what everyone says - it is cheaper than London to live.