Small Cap Stocks Day Trading Journey ($25,000 Challenge)

alexwinkler

108 3
Morning traders. You guys probably will start to think I'm stoned. Had another loss yesterday.. but I'm absolutely not hinged from my goal. I know I'll get back on the horse. This has happened before it's just unfortunate that it's happened early on when I start a public new journey.

Weekly Recap

Thinking about adding a section to the Google Sheets Trade Journal where I show my account value so we can see the grow (or right now the "decline") of the account and the deposits/withdrawals I make. Since I always like to "pay myself" a % each month from all my ventures. Cash flow is king and that sets my ventures up in a more sustainable way. Lmk if you'd be interested to see that I think I would be so I'll probably do it.

I've reviewed all my trades and I must say my biggest mistake is just entering too early. The bad streak realy started when I missed a perfect entry due to trying to avoid using up one of my 3 trades. That made me rush my next trade somehow and also the one after made me hold to long because if I went overnight I wouldn't loose one of my day trades. It's a backwards thinking and I can't let this depict my trading.

That's why I now have 2 accounts with roughly $1k in each. That gives me 6 day trades. If I see a good setup I'll trade it no matter what. If I run out of trades by Wednesday so be it. If a trade doesn't go my way I'm out right away. I ideally want to be in and out very quickly. I'll always start off the day with my 1-3 favorite stocks with limit orders ready to go. Mainly because I'm fairly good at calling out moves but then have been messing up on execution (getting too aggressive / not waiting long enough)

Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. Hope you have been enjoying these recaps and also the new review layout. 3 pics (intraday, zoomed out, trade doc)

Attachments

alexwinkler

108 3
Happy Monday Traders!

MDR fairly heavy float NYSE but big support above 2.4, 1:3 Reverse split in Mid May. Huge amount of dilution, strong chance of a failed breakout here and a morning panic to last major support zone.

GATA fairly high float OTC that's seeing some support come in around .025 where the was a breakout bounce not to long ago. If we hold here we could see this breakout in the near future past .05 and .075

alexwinkler

108 3
Another Day Another Trade? Doesn't matter just because we can trade doesn't me we will. I need to only trade the best setups especially after the disaster start of the month.

BIMI has a lot of eyes on it. Ever since that big partnership deal. I would like to see some support again under $5 before joining this one. 1M float is wild and must be a big factor behind that massive run up.

PETS up big yesterday on earnings. Not something I'd usually trade but would love an entry if we had the price dip down the low $24.

alexwinkler

108 3
Today's getting tight. I got my whole trading room being cleaned from top to bottom, my wood tables are being oiled so I have a massive headache and I just closed a really nice LTC trade. Def will have a video on my channel about that later today. So most likely no trading for me today. But let's atleast find 1 stock that looks interesting and we can watch during opening bell.

TROV big rally yesterday due to positive test results but wasnt able to hold it's highs. Most likely this is already off traders indicators since it's "dead" and could see a big morning dip. I'd like to pick some of this NASDAQ up near the $1.25.

alexwinkler

108 3
No trades yesterday.. I was out of trades actually. I had 3 used up in 1 account and the other account 2 left but since it was not a margin account the last trade was still being "closed", there is a 2 day waiting period to get the funds back in action.

So I may have 6 trades per week when timed perfectly but in reality I only have 4 max when all my TD accounts are rested.

alexwinkler

108 3
Another day another possible trading opportunity!

DXYN big support at 1.5 and major long term resistance @ 2. Would like to buy a morning panic here. Big green day yesterday with breakout from 1.5 area due to stock buy back program. Nothing ground shaking. Smaller 13M float.

KPAY first green day. Pullback to 1.62 would be huge. Lot's of dilution, up on new funding. Yikes.

BCCI former spiker but first green day yesterday didn't hold. Should see .02 act as some support

alexwinkler

108 3
TROV a former spiker but with lots of dilution (multiple reverse splits) I wouldn't want to hold this long. Could see some solid bounce potential near 2

SESN first green day and breakout yesterday past the 1.3 area which it had some past major resistance. Looking for morning panics

RBZ first green day as well, could be a big breakout today just need to shoot past 1.5 with some Vol.

alexwinkler

108 3
Hey guys missed getting the morning watchlist posted in time and then it felt dumb to post it after the market open. Good news is that I got some trade review goodies ready for you guys AND in the next few weeks we'll have a monthly trade review coming up for October.

3 New trades
- 1 from Friday
- 2 from Monday (today)

Attachments

Last edited:

alexwinkler

108 3
I can't trade due to the fact that 1 of my accounts is at 0 trades left today and the other is not a margin account which means there is a 1 day grace period between each day on that account. AKA I can't make any trades until tomorrow. Unless I somehow get 1 trade made available after the opening bell. Which in theory could be depending on the time I made the trade 5 business days ago.

CLVS is on my watchlist, love the yesterday rally (which doesn't seem to be anything else than a technical breakout and possible a short squeeze. Either way wouldn't be going too aggressive on the stock since there's no Major news BUT still since it's so low already and a NASDAQ stock any morning dip near MAJOR support could be a super sweet entry.

Let's connect on twitter! Where I also post some of these alters/lessons

alexwinkler

108 3
Good morning traders, let's see what the market has in store for us today.

CLVS could have been an okay trade but something tells me I would have gotten in too early. It held it's highs well and if we keep holding our highs and go above $4 at all today then we might have a super strong rally on our hands. Next major resistance at 5 and 6

ISEE big support at $2 since this is a first time runner there's no saying how far it can go, this whole chart is a bit crazy to me and idk if I'd want to be part of it. First it ad it's 1,000%+ spike in April due to merger, sold off 40% and 2 days ago another 100% spike due to clinical trials.

SES kind of a massive miss yesterday, I had an alert go off at the $5.5 bounce, then the stock shot up 40%. Super easy to spot move. Had no trades available though, happy it was atleast on my alerts.

Last edited:

alexwinkler

108 3
Two tickers on my watchlist

ISEE huge rally yesterday and damn did I miss that breakout! I even had a limit order at the breakout bounce but JUST missed the entry. Ended up getting stuck in the slow mover CLVS yesterday instead. $3 acting as possible major support today.

CUR nice rally yesterday but with a reverse split and so many new shares in the market. CUR was not able to hold the highs very well. I think we may have a dip today and if we do I'd be looking to get in around 1.5