Should the Scotland vote worry anyone ?

I wasn't aware i did but if i did i apologize, i'm trading wall street at this moment in time and i'm not paying too much attention to emails i'm jumping back to my chart after typing quickly so forgive me if you took it personally.

i caught a few points on wall street :)

Attachments

• wall st.PNG
    wall st.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 137
I wasn't aware i did but if i did i apologize, i'm trading wall street at this moment in time and i'm not paying too much attention to emails i'm jumping back to my chart after typing quickly so forgive me if you took it personally.
No worries mate, i dont take anything personally. Was just confused thats all.

Nationalism is the opiate of the uninformed. Just as it was in Nazi Germany. They are already discriminating against foreign students. Just wait till they really get going ! Is that a new sort of Adolph sweet talking the masses ? We shall see if the Yes lot win. imho

It would be a disaster for Western civilization as we knew it. Replaced by idiotic cr&p and too few to defend it against the violence etc. of certain foreign elements.

Last edited:
Only days until the the Scottish referendum.
Should anyone be worried ? The dockyards holding nuclear subs will come south.
They seem stuck for a currency. Can't use the pound says Osborne. Can't use the euro says Brussells. Perhaps the haggis ? 1 haggis to the pound ?

Better together as it is proven and works well rather than all that nationalist cr*p ! imho

Technically, the rest of the UK should have to re-apply for EU membership. Am I worried? Not at all, I hope that the scots attain their ambition.

Nationalism is the opiate of the uninformed. Just as it was in Nazi Germany. They are already discriminating against foreign students. Just wait till they really get going ! Is that a new sort of Adolph sweet talking the masses ? We shall see if the Yes lot win. imho

It would be a disaster for Western civilization as we knew it. Replaced by idiotic cr&p and too few to defend it against the violence etc. of certain foreign elements.

Pat, I would not underestimate the Scottish ability to go it alone. Personally, I hope that they stay with us. Perhaps, London should try another federalism..not just with Scotland, but Wales and Ireland, too.

I live in Cataluña and I don't want it to go independent. At the same time, I know that Madrid has not taken this problem seriously enough and that Catalans have
real gripes with central government that have been swept under the carpet after each election.

Right now, London and Madrid are bull****ting their citizens, through the media. It has to stop, otherwise other minorities will start the same breaking away procedure.

Pat, I would not underestimate the Scottish ability to go it alone. Personally, I hope that they stay with us. Perhaps, London should try another federalism..not just with Scotland, but Wales and Ireland, too.

I live in Cataluña and I don't want it to go independent. At the same time, I know that Madrid has not taken this problem seriously enough and that Catalans have
real gripes with central government that have been swept under the carpet after each election.

Right now, London and Madrid are bull****ting their citizens, through the media. It has to stop, otherwise other minorities will start the same breaking away procedure.

Spain will be next after Scotland.

Not many people know about the regions in China. Different regions speak different languages and cultures. As different as France to Germany. Much the same for India too. This breaking up phase might spread around the globe. Is it a good thing ? Not sure, arguments for and against.

Countless wars have been fought in the past to unify smaller states and regions. Was it all for nothing ?

Last edited:
Not many people know about the regions in China. Different regions speak different languages and cultures. As different as France to Germany. Much the same for India too. This breaking up phase might spread around the globe. Is it a good thing ? Not sure, arguments for and against.

Countless wars have been fought in the past to unify smaller states and regions. Was it all for nothing ?

A good point. China's Central Government would get brutal though.

Of course, if this was an EU vote then they would just keep re-running it until they got the desired outcome. With only one poll, it's starting to look a bit worrying for the potential last PM of the UK.

Last edited:
More importantly to us traders, – if they do vote for independence how will the various markets react and as a trader what do you intend to do? I think I'm going to sit back and see what happens before I make any decisions.

Last edited:
Funny that, ......... There's me thinking that London is already an independent republic that very kindly subsidises the rest of UK.

London is over rated and in decline.

I know of three people who have left already. :idea:

More importantly to us traders, – if they do vote for independence how will the various markets react and as a trader what do you intend to do? I think I'm going to sit back and see what happens before I make any decisions.

I doubt anyone will notice except the odd penny or two on a bottle of whisky.
I see the YES vote is now ahead. The clowns in Westminster are failing again. Enough to drive anyone away running and screaming

Last edited:
I doubt anyone will notice except the odd penny or two on a bottle of whisky.
I see the YES vote is now ahead. The clowns in Westminster are failing again. Enough to drive anyone away running and screaming

If Sterling falls be good for exports and price increase.

If it raises cost of borrowing because UK is now perceived as higher risk debt than that would be bad.

What's important is that people are happy and feel good about them selves.

Numbers and 000s are just that numbers and zeros...

Be good way to teach the world on how they should conduct their affairs.

Be good for consultants and advisers too I reckon. Should sell more papers also.

Let's start thinking how we can make more money out of a yes vote :idea:

The bookies seem to have formed a consensus of a fairly emphatic "NO".

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-independence/referendum-outcome

God help me I'm agreeing with Sigma D
What can you expect from a rag like the daily mail printing a story like "the Yes vote is ahead" when ALL the bookies are offering >2:1 on that outcome.
You dont see many poor bookies in the same way you dont read many good daily mail articles. (Unless you like to know which D list celeb has cellulite this week).