Should the Scotland vote worry anyone ?

Pat494

Legendary member
14,564 1,549
Only days until the the Scottish referendum.
Should anyone be worried ? The dockyards holding nuclear subs will come south.
They seem stuck for a currency. Can't use the pound says Osborne. Can't use the euro says Brussells. Perhaps the haggis ? 1 haggis to the pound ?

Better together as it is proven and works well rather than all that nationalist cr*p ! imho

Pat494

Legendary member
14,564 1,549
Alex on a good day ?

Attachments

• Alex Fish.PNG
    Alex Fish.PNG
    98.6 KB · Views: 148

Sigma-D

Established member
648 62
I don't think the dockyards will be going anywhere, even if there was a "YES" vote.

The bookies seem to have formed a consensus of a fairly emphatic "NO".

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-independence/referendum-outcome

I think most Scots realise that without the rest of the UK they'd enjoy a decade at best of improved GDP and living standards followed by a rapid and long-term decline into 3rd world poverty, at best.

Personally, I think we should lease Scotland to the Chinese for golf courses.

Sigma-D

Established member
648 62
Salmond and Sturegeon are finished politically, but so dire is the quality of the Scottish politi-pool, they'll be a while in replacing them.

Last edited:

Sigma-D

Established member
648 62
Did you know (quite serious this) that if Scotland left the UK the UK's average longevity would increase by approximately 2 years.

Atilla

Legendary member
19,461 2,879
I would like them to stay in the union. (y)

If they vote to leave then I shall be very upset and write a very very angry letter telling them how angry I am that they have left. :mad:

mike.

2,099 706
I was up in Aberdeen twice this week, lots of roadside banners on the way up saying vote " YES " .

Think its safe to assume this guy is in the " NO " camp, :LOL:

Last edited:

Sigma-D

Established member
648 62
Aging population that require increasing amounts to fund pensions.

Increasingly medically unfit/unwell population requiring increasing health care costs.

Decreasing work-age population and jobs reducing the taxable income available to the Scottish Government.

Decreasing natural resources (oil) to fund currently net positive export income.

If they vote YES (unlikely) they'll have a rather better decade than the average Englishman, but after that brief interlude they'll be desperate to cross the border into England where the real wealth lies. And they'll be about as welcome as a muslim returning from the middle-east.

counter_violent

Legendary member
10,618 2,819
Salmond and Sturegeon are finished politically, but so dire is the quality of the Scottish politi-pool, they'll be a while in replacing them.

Those 2 absolutely boil my P155. Quite possibly the 2 most dangerous individuals in the UK currently. Way ahead of terrorists !

Last edited:

Sigma-D

Established member
648 62
Those 2 absolutely boil my P155. Quite possibly the 2 most dangerous individuals in the UK currently. Way ahead of terrorists !
That's interesting. I see them as essentially pointless, harmless non-entities who are being quietly groomed for the back door of obscurity. Seriously, what's the worst they can do? If HM Gov hadn't seen a opportunity, however improbable, to divest itself of the equivalent of a failed 'too big to fail' bank, the referendum would never had got this far.

Cameron & Co would clap their hands with glee to massively improve - what remained of the UK - at a stroke on every economic level imaginable. I'm sure they're realists and know this won't happen, unfortunately, but it does serve the purpose of throwing into relief just how pointless these little regional assemblies are.

I genuinely cringe whenever I see Salmond or Sturgeon - I place them at about the same level as breakaway splinter group fomenting a coup - at your local parish council. Amateurs.

Pat494

Legendary member
14,564 1,549
It seems to me that the Scots have got everything like devolved Govt, tax raising etc. that they could reasonably want by voting NO. The very costly defense etc. can be left up to those clots in Westminster.

It is a condemnation of Westminster if they do vote yes. They haven't kept up with the wishes of others. Heads in their own bubbles syndrome imho

The nationalist " fish " haven't got around to mentioning the likely pograms against non Scots. 100% Nationalism stinks and they should know it.

Last edited:

NVP

Legendary member
37,584 2,008
I read somewhere that the thrust of the yes vote is selling a "Singapore" economy scenario to voters........................good luck with that one

personally I don't give 2 hoots what they do........plenty of potiticians earning salarys (paid for by british taxpayers) chest beating and exclaiming rhetoric of independence......

that use to be called treason by the way ?

N

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,233
If I was a Scot, I'd vote no. Things may not be perfect in the Union but I cannot see the English worse off without Scotland. They will be better off, in fact, and the the Scots will know it after the shine of independence has worn off.

Would they be allowed back, again, afterwards? If they wanted to come back it would be because they are worse off. The English and Welsh would have to think about rejoining with a country that was better off, before, but is worse off, later.

Am I talking English arrogance, or realism?

Splitlink

Legendary member
10,850 1,233
If I was a Scot, I'd vote no. Things may not be perfect in the Union but I cannot see the English worse off without Scotland. They will be better off, in fact, and the the Scots will know it after the shine of independence has worn off.

Would they be allowed back, again, afterwards? If they wanted to come back it would be because they are worse off. The English and Welsh would have to think about rejoining with a country that was better off, before, but is worse off, later.

Am I talking English arrogance, or realism?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock