Should the Scotland vote worry anyone ?

God help me I'm agreeing with Sigma D
What can you expect from a rag like the daily mail printing a story like "the Yes vote is ahead" when ALL the bookies are offering >2:1 on that outcome.
You dont see many poor bookies in the same way you dont read many good daily mail articles. (Unless you like to know which D list celeb has cellulite this week).

50/50 - too close to call.

Probably good odds to bet 2:1 on the yes vote in that case. (y)

So Bloomberg are saying the yes vote is ahead and yet the odds are 1/3.5
Bloomberg, the 'goto' place for retail.
The smart money is still offering 2:1.

According to the latest poll the yes vote is ahead , but you don't get your odds from just one poll , according to Betfair exchange its 1/3.6 .

With regards to the effect on the UK Pound ( cable) if anyone can remember the last UK general election on the 6th May 2010 - we had basically an "hung " parliament which led to the coalition.

That day a private retail trader I know made just over £400k on the pound via Barclays Capital - paying a 6 pip spread and risking £150k of his account.

The GU moved over 600 pips that day - and the GJ nearly 1000 pips in total.

If we still are going be close on the voting - its going to be another total "GU" manufactured set up - maybe to take out stops both ways.

What a brilliant excuse for the players to have fun ;-)

September 18th is a Thursday - so make sure you are around that day for some fireworks ;-)

Last edited:
That day a private retail trader I know made just over £400k on the pound via Barclays Capital - paying a 6 pip spread and risking £150k of his account.

The GU moved over 600 pips that day - and the GJ nearly 1000 pips in total.
September 19th is a Friday - so make sure you are around that day for some fireworks ;-)

6 pips / £150k risk.
So what your saying is for a £400k profit he closed after 16 pips, and it moved 600 that day. :rolleyes:
Still, its a nice number to walk away with. ;)

I'm playing a small short on cable from here , either wait for a big swing or will add later ...

6 pips / £150k risk.
So what your saying is for a £400k profit he closed after 16 pips, and it moved 600 that day. :rolleyes:
Still, its a nice number to walk away with. ;)

Hi Postman

As Tar mentioned - it was the spread that was 6 pips - via Barclay's Capital. I think he was ripped off really - but he had the largest amount of funds in his Barclay's account on that morning and he put on £1200 per pip ( approx 190/200 lots )

it took over an hour to get all the trade on - and nearly the same time to exit - but during that time he caught nearly 350 pips .

Was he tipped off - He's says no - for him it was a combination of the uncertainty in the market place and great intraday TA reading

Great if you have the funds and the balls;)

If they leave, the Labour party will be finished in England. Not all bad then ! ..............:LOL:.

A lot of Welshmen have been famous politicians, too. Some, but not all, Labourites.

Henry VII started the Tudor lot going, culminating in Liz I.

We achieved great things together
and we can do it again.
That Salmon and his fishy friend Sturgeon should not be allowed to wreck a great partnership, just so they can take the power for themselves, the sel-fish duo.
They have nothing to offer beyond hot air and B*llsh*t.

Scottish independence is based on emotion and resentment of a Tory led government with only one Scottish Tory MP.
41 Labour MPs would disappear with independence and the electoral system in England and Wales and Northern Ireland would be fairer and more balanced.
And we in England would never again be victimised and martyred by the Scots making us have the likes of Gordon Brown as PM.
Military and Naval bases would have to be built in England to replace the loss of the Scottish ones and that would boost our economy though with a slightly compromised military environment resulting.
Salmond and his gang are a bunch of nationalist bullies who twist, mislead and lie.
It will be a great shame for the Union to dissolve and we will be Small Britain rather than Great Britain, but at least we will also control our own destiny rather than Scots doing it for us.
I suspect the "No" vote will win by 2% + but who knows....

Military and Naval bases would have to be built in England to replace the loss of the Scottish ones and that would boost our economy though with a slightly compromised military environment resulting....

Like Gordon Brown here, the Scots Nats will probably take their country to the brink of ruin. To prop up their financial disaster they will probably try to do a deal with London whereby we pay through the nose to keep the military bases where they are. Being the persuader he is, Salmond will probably also do another financial deal to keep a Scottish pound – despite the late and unconvincing utterings from Osborne. This looks like being the finest demonstration of overconfidence and underestimation by Westminster for some time.

The Scots hate the English with a passion only 1000 years of beatings can muster.
But, they're a canny lot, and even emotion wont overcome the knowledge they'll be financially worse off out of the Kingdom.
Its a NO from me. X