Should the Scotland vote worry anyone ?

It just goes to show that our country along with the US is run by big corporations (and not that many either see link http://i.imgur.com/k0pv0.jpg ).
When it looks like the natives are getting restless and start talking about a yes vote, the big guns (corporations) come out and say we will close down companies in Scotland.

Agree. The noisy speakers all have an agenda. Many of the voters don't have a clue. No wonder politicians get away with what they do.

I decided to have a punt on (for me) is a 100% guaranteed result (NO) .......

seems like the bookies are reading a different set of results than the polls ?

and they are rarely wrong .............not worth a punt sadly for me at those odds

cant wait for this all to be over and for british taxpayers to stop paying Alex salmon for talking treason .......and perhaps get on with some real work

N

Attachments

• betting.PNG
    betting.PNG
    34.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Bloomberg has a story predicting a 10% drop in the value of sterling on a YES vote.
Good for exports and George Soros too probably, but exagerated in my view, their economy is very small.

I personally see the YES campaign as, turkeys voting for Christmas. Should the English, Welsh or Irish have a say in the matter? I think not.

Lets say that the rest of the union did have a say in the matter, and it should so happen that the English give a majority YES, let them have their full independence. Now forward the clock, lets say fifteen years, Scotland is now in serious economic trouble, whos to blame? Lets not give the Scots any more ammunition, it's time for them to take responsibility for themselves.

I personally hope that the YES campaign does prevail, not because I want to see the Scots suffer (much), but because it would diminish the strength of the labour party in England (wonderful).

Of course a lot of people like solicitors stand to make a lot of money sorting out the parting of the ways.
How long before a king emerges ? Will their progeny be any better than the useless Stuarts they lumbered England with.

It is also a serious indictment of Westminster and their policies to have a big chunk of the UK voting to leave the UK. Just shows how out of touch the top people are, as they live comfortably in the leafy suburbs. They should be forced to reside in the worst areas of their constituencies NOT the best.

I was talking to someone last night about this ...........

we both agreed theres only one group of people that generate 100% guaranteed benefit from "Yes"

they will earn more money from internal promotions, expansion and upsizing
they will appear on the world stage attracting kudos and media attention....and more earnings
they will secure their futures regardless of the future of Scotland

now I wonder who this small and privileged group is ?......

Alex any idea ?

How long before a king emerges ? Will their progeny be any better than the useless Stuarts they lumbered England with.

Can't imagine Salmond, or his followers being in favour of anything but a republic state.

I decided to have a punt on (for me) is a 100% guaranteed result (NO) .......

seems like the bookies are reading a different set of results than the polls ?

and they are rarely wrong .............not worth a punt sadly for me at those odds

cant wait for this all to be over and for british taxpayers to stop paying Alex salmon for talking treason .......and perhaps get on with some real work

N

neil what would be worth a punt is w/hill @ 10/3 you can then take the better half for another holiday on easy earned £££,s

Of course a lot of people like solicitors stand to make a lot of money sorting out the parting of the ways.

The useless English allowed them in. It takes two to make a bargain.

If things don't go right for the Scots, the useless English would allow them back in, too, I bet.

The better option is that we stay together, but that is a personal opinion.

Our blood is well and truly mixed up. There are few of us who do not have Scottish, Welsh or Irish relatives. I have all that and my kids are half Catalan, too. The Catalans? I bet that many of them have a good mix of Andaluz, Castellon, etc. too.

As for the US Scots who want independence---they have a bloody cheek!

The useless English allowed them in. It takes two to make a bargain.

If things don't go right for the Scots, the useless English would allow them back in, too, I bet.

The better option is that we stay together, but that is a personal opinion.

Our blood is well and truly mixed up. There are few of us who do not have Scottish, Welsh or Irish relatives. I have all that and my kids are half Catalan, too. The Catalans? I bet that many of them have a good mix of Andaluz, Castellon, etc. too.

As for the US Scots who want independence---they have a bloody cheek!

How long would it be before the useless English could allow the Scots back into the union (if it were to be a solely English decision)?

Besides, you live in Spain. Do you think that the Spanish (your people), would tolerate the Scots being allowed into the EU (you intolerant kind)

How long would it be before the useless English could allow the Scots back into the union (if it were to be a solely English decision)?

Besides, you live in Spain. Do you think that the Spanish (your people), would tolerate the Scots being allowed into the EU (you intolerant kind)

If there was a YES vote would the EU let them in ? Or
would they have another referendum In/Out of the EU ? Or
a referendum inside the EU to let them in ?

Probably fallen asleep over referendums - the other side always seem to win - could be a stitch-up all along and need another one.

It is part of the Brussells strategy to split the countries up into bits and therefore be more manageable. A pity there is load of idiots there.

Or another referendummmy in 20 years time to reverse this week's decision ?

If there was a YES vote would the EU let them in ? Or
would they have another referendum In/Out of the EU ? Or
a referendum inside the EU to let them in ?

Probably fallen asleep over referendums - the other side always seem to win - could be a stitch-up all along and need another one.

Or another referendummmy in 20 years time to reverse this week's decision ?

The EU would allow Scottish membership, do not underestimate the power of Brussels as a central figure in all of this.

Remember the Maastricht treaty? Italy have never properly made the grade under the original rules, and couldn't possibly hope to do so.

Did this effect the Italian membership? You can probably guess the answer to this.

we could do with keeping their cyclist and curling teams ...............not sure what else ?

N.

The EU would allow Scottish membership, do not underestimate the power of Brussels as a central figure in all of this.

Remember the Maastricht treaty? Italy have never properly made the grade under the original rules, and couldn't possibly hope to do so.

Did this effect the Italian membership? You can probably guess the answer to this.

would the EU finally recognise the Scottish language ?

RIP mr Williams

N

The word "useless" I used with tongue in cheek. I meant soft and, frankly, too good for our own good.

I can't see how the Spanish could allow the Scots into the EU because, if they did, they would have to allow Cataluña in, too, if Cataluña manages to go independent. Cataluña has a constitutional problem that Scotland does not have and Madrid will go to any length to make life difficult for us.

This is only one problem that the Scots have to face. The Catalans, as well. Entry into Europe must be unanimous and there are 26 member states. One veto is all it takes.

Or all it should take. The laws get changed such that no one can tell, from one year to the next , what is going to happen.

Last edited:
The word "useless" I used with tongue in cheek. I meant soft and, frankly, too good for our own good.

I can't see how the Spanish could allow the Scots into the EU because, if they did, they would have to allow Cataluña in, too, if Cataluña managees to go independent. Cataluña has a constitional problem that Scotland does not have and Madrid will go to any length to make life difficult for us.

This is only one problem that the Scots have to face. The Catalans, as well. Entry into Europe must be unanimous and there are 26 member states. One veto is all it takes.

Or all it should take. The laws get changed such that no one can tell, from one year to the next , what is going to happen.

The unelected can always avoid and dismiss controversy.