Sgd/jpy

tomorton

Guest Author
A pair most of us won't often look at. Has a long long uptrend since mid-2012 but has been range-bound most of this year below its all-time high in December.

Now showing signs of breaking out back into uptrend, nice pull-back overnight has let me in with a deliberately small position, which I am hoping to pyramid if chart resumes a nice steady climb.

Indeed it is a pair I don't normally look at, I will keep eye on the pair, thanks.

Disappointing end to the week but has fallen back into range so there should be lots of support at 87 or higher. Touching here would leave the uptrend safe so still worth watching.

Interesting pair, the other pair that I follow at times is the USDSGD, which has had a very good rally.

A pair most of us won't often look at. Has a long long uptrend since mid-2012 but has been range-bound most of this year below its all-time high in December.

Now showing signs of breaking out back into uptrend, nice pull-back overnight has let me in with a deliberately small position, which I am hoping to pyramid if chart resumes a nice steady climb.

Don't see that in my broker platform.:|
But myFXbook shows significant difference in spreads - 2.5 pips, 10 pips, 28 pips.
Why??

Don't see that in my broker platform.:|
But myFXbook shows significant difference in spreads - 2.5 pips, 10 pips, 28 pips.
Why??

Singapore Dollar. Most trades in SGD will happen during the asian session. outside those times the spread will be wider.

Like the way HUF (Hungarian Florint) has a huge spread outside of the london session.

G.

Singapore Dollar. Most trades in SGD will happen during the asian session. outside those times the spread will be wider.

Like the way HUF (Hungarian Florint) has a huge spread outside of the london session.

G.

I was checking during Asian session and spreads was so different. This pair is definitely too ill-liquid :)

Yes, this is a less liquid forex pair and not often commented on in any media. But all these things are relative. Since the SNB made a claim for fame, I see all the CHF pairs have a spread almost as wide with my SB provider, wider in one case. Incidentally, the widest spread on any forex pairs I see them offering is 0.1% during the London session: I'm sure some competitors might do as well or better.

This pair up over 2% since start of the thread. Its quite possible we'll get a pull-back very soon but with a supportive base at the low of 13/04 that's just another opportunity to get in.

Ranging sideways since last post but seems to have found support at round number 90.00 and printed a nice hanging man on the weekly candles. Could be another long entry opportunity.

The USDSGD has touched a good resistance at the 1.3400 level. Price may try to bounce to the downside. Lets see.

Price respected the swing low of 07/05 after my last post and has marched upwards nicely since.

We may range sideways a little now on the late December 2014 highs but I expect them to be tested and broken, then on to test the all-time high. Still time to get long early and "ride the range" or wait a bit for a pull-back.

Noted your comments about the December high (92.13), but on the other hand, we're now close to a possible resistance-level at about 91.30? This (purple line) had four touches between November and January, on the weekly chart (below).

It would even perhaps be possible to interpret resistance there as a possible 3-point of a large 1-2-3 formation (of which the 1-point was the December high and the 2-point the early February low of 86.35?

Attachments

• trade2.JPG
    trade2.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 137
Agreed, this could be a top formation. Things always poise on the brink when approaching an all-time high or all-time low. The rewards from either direction taken could be sudden and significant. I will bend with the wind like a reed.

For what it's worth, on my fundamental thread I'm a seller of yen, to make a long term break through 120. Given the stability of SGDUSD given central bank management that would be consistent with a clean break through 91. I've not had time to properly write up why I think Yen weakens from here, will try to when I get a chance.

Price nicely up since my last post here 2 weeks back. I hope I'm not on my own on board this one - pair has been a top performer recently and Friday's close was new all-time high. High enough? Too high? More to come?

Pulled back since last swing high 05/06 but has resumed uptrend and I'm long. A few points higher and we break out into clear blue sky.

The Yen continues to look bearish against everything - except perhaps the NZD but even that's debatable - so I hope for more to come with this pair.