Schneider Trading Associates: Graduate Training Program

Having been through the programme I have to say that I disagree with a lot of this.

None of the people on my course were asked to deposit funds, so I guess that maybe we are all extra special!! From what I know of the other guys who have come through the programme one or two have deposited funds.

I agree that they do teach you how to use a front end, but frankly that seems entirely reasonable and sensible - I wouldnt jump in a car for the first time and expect to be able to compete in F1. If you are simply a retail stock punter then not understanding how to properly execute is not really an issue, but if you are serious and in a dma environment, you need to be able to do this.

I use several of the strategies that they have showed me and I'm making money pretty consistently. They have also run sessions for us since the course talking through trading other markets/strategies etc and the guys all have decent experience between them- fixed income, commodities, indices, futures and options. They run through all my preps before open, give me a perspective on what's happening in the market and then also help me during the trading session

I do trade a fair amount but to be honest, how am I gonna learn without doing??? If I never trade, am I really gonna be able to do it when I really need to? Sure, like any arcade they make money from your spins but that's an industry model. I don't know of any house that lets you trade for free....and I doubt if there model would have worked for so long if they didnt care if you were profitable. Dead traders don't generate money for themselves let alone anyone else

Billy,you say consistently...I was also consistent...in fact I was the most consistent of all of our intake, growing my account month on month.
Your comment for dead traders I will take with a pinch of salt in light of the fact you are a classic noobie and probably a part of schneider anyway,

Just to let you know...if you read my post correctly I still trade my own strategy which has produced returns in excess of 50%...I imagine thats about 200% more than your currently generating in STA...and I havent had to sit there all day every day to cover the price of a mc donalds burger...but then again some people are happy to fool themselves because your a trader now etc on the floor,

What size are you trading with ? As a matter of interest?
Whats your daily stop? Your risk reward...profitable days ratio to losing days...

Your final comment shows your naivety to this all I am afraid...
You doubt if it would exist so long if you werent profitable....LOOK AROUND YOU...how many traders on the floor who are profitable are taken in by Sta....next to none.
As for the self backers and experienced guys in there, they are a seperate ball game but the reason they exist so long is monkies like you believe that by sitting there all day doing the same things as the 10 others on the pod next to you that you will be sucessful :rolleyes: Good luck!

It's strange but one of the trainers at Schneider was called Billy Hamilton and was in his mid 20's.....coincidence?

funny how billyh86 originally responded to the post by tonster01, but naked traderboy responds to the post as if it was his post.... hmmmmm... sounds like there are plenty of people trolling on this site. Maybe the best thing to do is do your own research rather than listen to a whiner on a message board

Hi guys,

I have got an excellent offer for those starting the Schneider Graduate Training Programme. I am selling the two books required for the programme :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Perfor...1613/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296936753&sr=8-1

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trading-STIR-Futures-Introduction-Short-term/dp/1897597819

at the exceptional price of £25!!! The books are almost NEW, I mean NEW!!! Also, the buyer will get for FREE, a third best-selling trading book: The New Market Wizards!!

Send me a message NOW!!!!

Cheers,

Sinister

Hi guys,

I have got an excellent offer for those starting the Schneider Graduate Training Programme. I am selling the two books required for the programme :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Perfor...1613/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296936753&sr=8-1

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trading-STIR-Futures-Introduction-Short-term/dp/1897597819

at the exceptional price of £25 (almost half-price for the two - compared to the amazon price)!!! The books are almost NEW, I mean NEW!!! Also, the buyer will get for FREE, a third best-selling trading book: The New Market Wizards!!

Send me a message NOW!!!!

Cheers,

Sinister

Hi everybody,

I live in France, and I am very interested by getting a position within Schneider Electric and i would like to know how to apply for the SchneiderTraining programm ?

I am asking this question cause thers is no information about that into Schneider's Website

Thanks

Oh! okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay so i am not in the right place i am soooo sorrryyy :)

By the way, if someone has the answer to my previous question (Schneider ELECTRIC), he can post it here :)

Thank you

Just a few questions from you guys with personal STA experience

1. If graduated the 1 month education/testing period, what is the average size of the backed accounts?
2. Is this prop house actually a one trick pony limiting traders to "a select few strategies"?
3. If graduated the 1 month education/testing period, what markets can be traded discretionary by the succesfull candidate?
4. Is there any presure to overtrade?

For you and all, ever more!

1. There's not a set account size but if you're trading ted spread you'll be trading 4 lots of Euribor and 5 lots of shatz which means each full tick movement in the spread will be 50 euros.
2. There are only a few products they trade but then again you can't expect them to let newbies do whatever they want, they just trade the lowest risk slowest markets.
3. Not sure what you mean by this but you only trade what they tell you to, unless you back yourself with some money (~10k).
4. Very much so.

Just a few questions from you guys with personal STA experience

1. If graduated the 1 month education/testing period, what is the average size of the backed accounts?
2. Is this prop house actually a one trick pony limiting traders to "a select few strategies"?
3. If graduated the 1 month education/testing period, what markets can be traded discretionary by the succesfull candidate?
4. Is there any presure to overtrade?

For you and all, ever more!

If you seriously consider a career in trading, start at a bank, multinational company, etc. Trading arcades and forums like this are for suckers. Those lucky few there (they are often referred as 'successful traders') are indeed 'suckers in the long run'. Without min 10 to 15 mil you simply don't enter shark category.

If you seriously consider a career in trading, start at a bank, multinational company, etc. Trading arcades and forums like this are for suckers. Those lucky few there (they are often referred as 'successful traders') are indeed 'suckers in the long run'. Without min 10 to 15 mil you simply don't enter shark category.

There is some truth in this, if you want to start a career then a trading arcade isn't for you. If you like the idea of being your own boss and having unlimited potential earnings then maybe it is. I don't know what this guy is on about saying trading arcades and this forum are for "suckers". I know a "lucky few" at Schneider who could retire tommorrow and live comfortably for the rest of their life, however they love trading and choose to carry on - being minted and doing what you love doesnt make you a sucker in my book...

There is some truth in this, if you want to start a career then a trading arcade isn't for you. If you like the idea of being your own boss and having unlimited potential earnings then maybe it is. I don't know what this guy is on about saying trading arcades and this forum are for "suckers". I know a "lucky few" at Schneider who could retire tommorrow and live comfortably for the rest of their life, however they love trading and choose to carry on - being minted and doing what you love doesnt make you a sucker in my book...

I'd second that - I spent a few months trading at Schneider's following the training course and met quite a few traders earning some serious money. Having said that there are hundreds if not thousands of wannabes who have fallen by the wayside for every really successful trader. Aside from getting a grasp on the markets very quickly you need a lot of resilience and even more luck + a generous helping of balls (bad mental image). For those who do make it tho, it's the best job in the world

none of the graduates at schneider will make it. the blind are leading the blind. a 1 month course that is of little relevance to scalping. If you want to waste a few months of your life i advise going. The tramps around liverpool street will earn more and have better career prospects.

unlimited potential earnings = LOL