Schneider Trading Associates

Masquerade

How long were you at Schneider for ? You sound prettly fustrated about them. Did you have a bad experience ?
I am thinking of joining a prop house with my own capital. Schneider are mainly a spread house, and while I am not averse to spreading, I find directional to be more rewarding !
All prop housese become a drag after a while with their costs and profit splits, but to start with an office type environment would be good for me.
Be good to know what your experiences were.
Thanks

I had my assessment today. When I mentioned my previous experience everyone looked quiet shocked. I asked if it would be possible to defer the the position until I finished my A levels, but they said they couldn't do that as they didn't know what their financial situation would be like. Which is fair enough, so next time I will be better prepared.

but for other like the bund/bobl/schatz fly or ted spreads you can easily make 500 a day trading 1 lots. and that is not rubish because i easily manage that every day!

so you make 50 ticks per day in markets where the trading range is typically not even 50 ticks? that means you would be doubling your capital every month. i know it's possible, but you have to be really good.

Hi,

I have currently be offered an interview at Schneider Trading Associates Limited? can someone please tell me how the course works and do I have to pay for anything?

wages are for wimps,
if you even ask about basic salaries you are in the wrong job.

...or you could look at a wage as a risk free return for effort while you pay your dues.

looking at the (lack of) training most of these places offer, i dont think a wage is too much to ask seeing as they are making coin off your r/t's anyhow, even if on aggregated rebates of the group.

i know the common arguement arcades have is that its very hard to spot the winning trader from the rest at interview, but that suggests to me that maybe they dont understand fully what they are looking for, or what makes a good trader, thus their scattergun/indifferent approach to hiring. most of these grads then come out with more debts paying for an unrealistic dream.

why would anyone pay to learn how to make their 'employer' money?

jmo, but i see these arcades preying on those who want a get rich quick career. trading aint easy, and it aint quick to master. yes we hear of the odd bod who gets lucky making a few bars in his first year, but i will say that in a year, thats luck, not understanding.

STA clients are classified as pro clients, right? How good is their risk management? In the worst case scenario, i.e, if another of its clients blow up in such a way that breaches every risk control they have in place, one could lose its money. But they are covered by FSCS and if they go bust while holding clients' money, each client may get compensated up to 48K. They may have very good risk managment. But we all live in post-Lehman era, don't we?
Just wondering if anybody knows the costs of Bloomberg pro or Fidessa?

Any answer/comment much appreciated.

Hi,

I have currently be offered an interview at Schneider Trading Associates Limited? can someone please tell me how the course works and do I have to pay for anything?

If you look back through this thread and others all the answers have been posted before :)

HI everyone,

I'm an experienced trader (with a track record) looking to run my systems through Schneider as a remote trader.

Has anybody here in a similar situation to mine previously traded with Scheinder?
Any feedback you could share?

Basically I'm looking for a firm which can leverage me up, but of course commissions, payouts, and reputability/security of the firm are important considerations.

If you don't want to discuss in on the private forum, feel free to PM me.

I have been in contact with some of their guys in London, but am interested to hear things from a traders perspective.

Cheers.
Nizar.

there is better value out there..look at the thread suggesting arcades have had their day. alternatively, contact man financials directly yourself and set an account up rather than paying an intermediary who will go through Man anyway....

Hi guys,

I have got an excellent offer for those starting the Schneider Graduate Training Programme. I am selling the two books required for the programme :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Perform...6936753&sr=8-1

and

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trading-STIR.../dp/1897597819

at the exceptional price of £25 (almost half-price for the two - compared to the amazon price)!!! The books are almost NEW, I mean NEW!!! Also, the buyer will get for FREE, a third best-selling trading book: The New Market Wizards!!

Send me a message NOW!!!!

Cheers,

Sinister